closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H. Moser & Cie Limited Edition Perpetual Calendar

Master

H. Moser & Cie Limited Edition Perpetual Calendar

Swiss independent watchmaker H. Moser & Cie's latest masterpiece features a solid gold movement inside a titanium case.

The Endeavour Perpetual Calendar Black Golden Edition is limited to just 10 pieces and uses modern techniques to showcase traditional craftsmanship. A titanium case with polished DLC finishing houses an in-house HMC 341 movement with solid gold plates and bridges.

The perpetual calendar movement, winner of the GPHG complicated watch category in 2006, displays the date through a large aperture at the 3 o’clock position and month using a short central hand that sees hour markers double as calendar months. H. Moser & Cie’s Flash Calendar system sees date changes click over in a fraction of second within a ten second window around midnight and the calendar can be adjusted forward or backwards at any time without any risk to the movement.

The movement also keeps track of irregular months and leap years, displayed via a dial visible through a sapphire crystal caseback. Hacking small seconds are indicated at the 6 o’clock.

Hand-engraving is used to decorate the movement which features a Moser escapement with Straumann Double Hairspring. Double barrels provide a minimum power reserve of seven days, indicated on the dial at the 9 o’clock position.
    The watch’s dial is decorated in a sunburst pattern with gold fume that graduates outward from the centre to darker tones.

The watch is secured with a carbon-coated, matte black alligator strap and fastened with a solid 18-carat rose gold folding clasp with Moser logo.

Article from WatchPro Magazine online

Master

<Obi-Wan>
    "Tim (java) – this is not the Moser PC you seek. You don't like Titanium. Move along"

Blog Entries
    Oh wow.

That is quite, quite stunning.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It is very beautiful. If it were not in Titanium it might be tempting. I have seen these PCs in the flesh, so to speak, at a hotel adjacent to the Basel show. They are truly stunning. Strehler's movement design and engineering is breathtaking.

Master
    Go on Tim, pop your titanium cherry with this one.

Blog Entries
    Equisitte.............. What a stunning watch

I had a look at my first Mosers this week in Singapore (a few shops here carry a rather substantial collection), and they really are outstanding. The regular PC got a bit of a bad rep on this forum a few weeks back, but it does work better in the metal.

The he colour scheme in this is much better though. Actually all the browny dials from Moser are pretty damn nice. Thankfully I don't like precious metal cases, so my wallet is safe for now!

Deeply impressed .

Master
    Fe-uh-ge-lee. Really fugly. Even fuglier than this one ...

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ighlight=fugly

Master
    The picture makes the watch astounding. I hate titanium watches myself and solid gold is soft another deterrent as to why buy it if i could afford it.

Wow, that's astonishing . Whatever that costs, it is worth it.

Chris

I think H Moser offers one of the best PCs on the market right now. I just love how uncluttered that dial is

Blog Entries
    Does anyone know a price?

Very intriguing watch to say the least.

Master
    I like the watch a lot, although I am not convinced by the big date. I would have the gold piece with standard movement rather than this version, which I am sure will be more costly. The RG version is about £38k.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tim2012 View Post
    The RG version is about £38k.
    Thanks. Ouch.

Interesting. A couple of weeks ago someone started a thread saying this watch was fugly. People stumbled over each other to concur. Now everybody seems to think its stunning. Interesting.

I like it, have tried the gold version at the AD and would buy it if I saw one for reasonable money second hand.

Banned
    Nice, but no cigar. What is that up down pointer at 9?

Quote Originally Posted by java View Post
    It is very beautiful. If it were not in Titanium it might be tempting. I have seen these PCs in the flesh, so to speak, at a hotel adjacent to the Basel show. They are truly stunning. Strehler's movement design and engineering is breathtaking.
    His CV isn't bad...

2014 Creation of the Sauterelle à lune perpétuelle
    2013 Prix Gaïa Artisanat-Création
    2013 Creation of the Sauterelle, patent pending
    2012 Chapter Three Reveal - Maîtres du Temps - the movie
    2012 Creation of the Cocon
    2012 special exhibition in the collection of watches Kellenberger
    2011 unique piece Montre Anniversaire for John Twaalfhoven
    2008 Creation of the Papillon, the combination of watchmaking and elegance
    2007 Creation of the Opus7 for Harry Winston, based on the Andreas Strehler's patent no. CH693155
    2007 Move to the new building in Sirnach, Switzerland
    2006 Maurice Lacroix: Le Chronographe their first manufacture movement
    2005 Foundation of UhrTeil AG an engineering firm and also the manufacture for Andreas Strehler watches and movements, prototypes and compositions for other brands
    2003 H. Moser & Cie.: Development, design and engineering of movements
    2002 Chronoswiss: Development of the movementChronoscope (watch of the year 2003)
    2001 "Zwei" first mechanical wrist watch with switching indications
    2000 Patent no. CH695174 for a compensating carbon balance
    1999 "Zwei" the first mechanical pocket watch with switching indications
    1998 Patent no. CH693155 for alternative display
    1998 First exhibition at BASELWORLD with theTischkalender - the first watch with a mechanical memory - a new interpretation of Abraham Louis Breguet's Sympathique
    1995 independent watchmaker, restoring pendulums and antique watches
    1991 - 1995 Experience: 4 years at Renaud et Papi as head prototypist and continuing education as a constructor of movements
    1987 - 1991 Education: apprenticeship as a watchmaker in Frauenfeld, Switzerland
    completed school of watchmaker in Solothurn, Switzerland
    1971 born in January

Comparatively unknown outside watch collecting circles, Strehler is one of the most eminent and respected of independent watchmakers. Strehler has long worked within the larger industry as a consultant and has worked with an interesting list of companies, ranging from Harry Winston(for whom he produced Opus 7) and Maîtres du Temps, via H. Moser & Cie, to Chronoswiss and Maurice Lacroix. In 2001, Strehler became the youngest watchmaker to be made a member of the AHCI (Académie Horlogère des Créateurs Indépendants) and last year won the Prix Gaia, the watch industry’s most respected gong.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    Nice, but no cigar. What is that up down pointer at 9?
    It's a power reserve indicator.

This is a flull perpetual calendar, the short stubby hand pointing towards 12 is showing the month. Their patented flash calendar will change the large date on the second at midnight, immediately jumping from 28, 29, 30 or 31 to 1 as required (no in-between steps). The year is shown on the back.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Given what has been said in the IWC thread and various other threads. On the subject of Hype and BS. You will look long and hard to find a manufacturer more uniquely dedicated to the pursuit of pure horological perfection without very much hype or BS. A manufacture for whom I personally have the utmost respect. As for Strehler. I have met him and discussed with him his work. If a more dedicated and brilliant horologist walks this planet, he is hiding very well.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    His CV isn't bad...

2014 Creation of the Sauterelle à lune perpétuelle
    2013 Prix Gaïa Artisanat-Création
    2013 Creation of the Sauterelle, patent pending
    2012 Chapter Three Reveal - Maîtres du Temps - the movie
    2012 Creation of the Cocon
    2012 special exhibition in the collection of watches Kellenberger
    2011 unique piece Montre Anniversaire for John Twaalfhoven
    2008 Creation of the Papillon, the combination of watchmaking and elegance
    2007 Creation of the Opus7 for Harry Winston, based on the Andreas Strehler's patent no. CH693155
    2007 Move to the new building in Sirnach, Switzerland
    2006 Maurice Lacroix: Le Chronographe their first manufacture movement
    2005 Foundation of UhrTeil AG an engineering firm and also the manufacture for Andreas Strehler watches and movements, prototypes and compositions for other brands
    2003 H. Moser & Cie.: Development, design and engineering of movements
    2002 Chronoswiss: Development of the movementChronoscope (watch of the year 2003)
    2001 "Zwei" first mechanical wrist watch with switching indications
    2000 Patent no. CH695174 for a compensating carbon balance
    1999 "Zwei" the first mechanical pocket watch with switching indications
    1998 Patent no. CH693155 for alternative display
    1998 First exhibition at BASELWORLD with theTischkalender - the first watch with a mechanical memory - a new interpretation of Abraham Louis Breguet's Sympathique
    1995 independent watchmaker, restoring pendulums and antique watches
    1991 - 1995 Experience: 4 years at Renaud et Papi as head prototypist and continuing education as a constructor of movements
    1987 - 1991 Education: apprenticeship as a watchmaker in Frauenfeld, Switzerland
    completed school of watchmaker in Solothurn, Switzerland
    1971 born in January
    Wow. I was born in 1971- it seems I've wasted most of my life... so far

Given some of the horrors out there, I'd say fugly is a massive overreaction.
    It's not overly-bejewelled, nor is it a stupid size.
    The stubby hand does not appeal to me, but it hardly sends the watch into the realm of fugly.
    The movement is rather lovely in fact and, other than perhaps that stubby hand, the face and case have good proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    Given some of the horrors out there, I'd say fugly is a massive overreaction.
    It's not overly-bejewelled, nor is it a stupid size.
    The stubby hand does not appeal to me, but it hardly sends the watch into the realm of fugly.
    The movement is rather lovely in fact and, other than perhaps that stubby hand, the face and case have good proportions.
    Second time I've agreed with you in the last day or so... WTF?

Second time I've agreed with you in the last day or so... WTF?
    Im sure that, together, we can work through this smooth patch and get things back off track...;)

Journeyman
    I think that might be out of budget for me...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Fe-uh-ge-lee. Really fugly.
    I’m inclined to agree. Fugly or beautiful, of course, is entirely subjective & in the eye of the beholder.
    The design is weak however & it’s a shame.
    Some watchmakers are also good designers but many lack the design skills to complement their watchbuilding expertise.

Journeyman
    When I saw UP/DOWN - I admit I started to look for LEFT/RIGHT... thought it was a new retro GPS system!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper View Post
    I’m inclined to agree. Fugly or beautiful, of course, is entirely subjective & in the eye of the beholder.
    The design is weak however & it’s a shame.
    Some watchmakers are also good designers but many lack the design skills to complement their watchbuilding expertise.
    You think it is weak to design a perpetual Calendar with power reserve and end up with a watch dial almost as clean and simple as a three hander with date!

I must be living on a different planet.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Does anyone know a price?
    If you have to ask.........

It sure looks very nice!

Master

You think it is weak to design a perpetual Calendar with power reserve and end up with a watch dial almost as clean and simple as a three hander with date!

I must be living on a different planet.
    I'm happy to be living on yours, Tim. To my mind, the watch is a genuine wonder of terms of design and - even though I don't like the stubbiness of the month indicator - provides a solution for that particular complication that's nothing short of genius in its simplicity.

Absolutely gorgeous.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm happy to be living on yours, Tim. To my mind, the watch is a genuine wonder of terms of design and - even though I don't like the stubbiness of the month indicator - provides a solution for that particular complication that's nothing short of genius in its simplicity.

Absolutely gorgeous.
    Not to mention the genius of that particular Grand date which in itself is as unique and incredible a design as anything else in the watch.

Take a look at the video above and see if you can even see how the date wheel works. Look for the 30 and 31.
    Last edited by java; 16th July 2014 at 18:15.

Not to mention the genius of that particular Grand date which in itself is as unique and incredible a design as anything else in the watch.

Take a look at the video above and see if you can even see how the date wheel works. Look for the 30 and 31.
    No idea how it works. It's freaking beautiful from both sides, though.

I would very much like the platinum-cased version of this with the ardoise dial. Or, better still, the Endeavour Moon in platinum. Or both. Must win lotto.

Craftsman
    I need a lotto win too, that's lovely!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Argon View Post
    I would very much like the platinum-cased version of this with the ardoise dial. Or, better still, the Endeavour Moon in platinum. Or both. Must win lotto.
    Here is my simple Platinum Monard

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh and the all important rear view.

^ Beautiful. Doesn't come more elegant than that.

Here is my simple Platinum Monard

Is that the same one pictured on the forum in the past? It appears to be a different colour dial in the photo. Truly a beautiful watch I much prefer this simple design to the other.

Master
    Must have a look at one of these Moser when I am in WoS. Gorgeous creations.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post

<Obi-Wan>
    "Tim (java) – this is not the Moser PC you seek. You don't like Titanium. Move along"
    Coooor :D

That's a watch you could wear backwards! Very nice....

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Is that the same one pictured on the forum in the past? It appears to be a different colour dial in the photo. Truly a beautiful watch I much prefer this simple design to the other.
    The dial has a kind of texture about it which gives rise to a variation in hue from different angles and in different light.

Master
    The dial has a kind of texture about it which gives rise to a variation in hue from different angles and in different light.
    This one is 'Fumé', of course ...

and as ugly as sin.
    Last edited by Tinker; 16th July 2014 at 21:33.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    This one is 'Fumé', of course ...

and as ugly as sin.

I must admit to not being over keen on brown in general. But I do think the watch is utterly beautiful

As with the other one posted the other day, I think the power reserve indicator, but especially the stubby little month indicator spoil what should be a lovely watch.

I really like it, but then I am bias...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne_james View Post
    I really like it, but then I am bias...

Now this is much better.

Apprentice
    It's a nice watch but the price point is a killer