closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Shipping a CWC g10

Apprentice

Shipping a CWC g10

How do I get a CWC G10 shipped to PA without a credit card or paypal accts?
    I'm in the Navy, had a Hamilton issue watch which was accurate to 32 seconds a YEAR.
    That watch was busted in Iraq in 2009. So I'm getting a new (quartz) issue watch from CWC.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    How do I get a CWC G10 shipped to PA without a credit card or paypal accts?
    I'm in the Navy, had a Hamilton issue watch which was accurate to 32 seconds a YEAR.
    That watch was busted in Iraq in 2009. So I'm getting a new (quartz) issue watch from CWC.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Welcome to the forum!

I presume you need a credit card or PayPal to pay Silvermans/CWC for the G10, is that correct?

If so, a silly question perhaps: Don't you have a Visa or Mastercard debit card? That should do just as well as a credit card. I would have thought that your bank would have issued you with one if you have a checking account and a steady job (such as being in the Navy!). Over here, most checking accounts (what we call current accounts) have a debit card attached.

It's also quite easy to open a PayPal account if you have a checking (current) account to back it.

Failing all that, it might be possible for someone here to buy the G10 for you and then ship it over. But of course you'd still need to send the money over and probably the cheapest and easiest way to do that would be via PayPal.

If it has to be a credit card - not sure why it would - then OP can get a pre-pay one... just buy it for cash loaded to the correct value, use it, throw away now useless card.

No ID or credit checks or anything required, and you can get them from many places such as WalMart.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

I presume you need a credit card or PayPal to pay Silvermans/CWC for the G10, is that correct?

If so, a silly question perhaps: Don't you have a Visa or Mastercard debit card? That should do just as well as a credit card. I would have thought that your bank would have issued you with one if you have a checking account and a steady job (such as being in the Navy!). Over here, most checking accounts (what we call current accounts) have a debit card attached.

It's also quite easy to open a PayPal account if you have a checking (current) account to back it.

Failing all that, it might be possible for someone here to buy the G10 for you and then ship it over. But of course you'd still need to send the money over and probably the cheapest and easiest way to do that would be via PayPal.

Correct we here in the military are required to have a bank card, but I never activated it. (SHHHHHH!) That way if I'm robbed it's not a big deal.

I actually did get to order thru Silverman's they have very good service from the 1 weeks worth of back and forthing I've done.

Next question, my girlfriend will scalp me if I don't ask, what movement was in my old Hamilton? I got it right before I joined the Navy in 1991 it was a hand wound model and had a black face but no h3/propeller and a small face. I got a Seiko quarts SGG709 as a replacement which is slightly bigger.

She googled mechanical movements and informed me I'm "halucinating" it only lost 32 seconds a year. But it was that accurate. I promise.

Blog Entries
    I actually did get to order thru Silverman's they have very good service from the 1 weeks worth of back and forthing I've done.
    Great, glad to hear it.

Next question, my girlfriend will scalp me if I don't ask, what movement was in my old Hamilton? I got it right before I joined the Navy in 1991 it was a hand wound model and had a black face but no h3/propeller and a small face.
    I'm sure someone will be able to answer that. It's not my area of knowledge.

Apprentice
    Great, glad to hear it.

I'm sure someone will be able to answer that. It's not my area of knowledge.

next question, since noone wants to attempt the movement (I learned that word here), any idea what battery it takes?

also who makes a decent band? the only 2 1 piecers I found online are Hadley-rome and maratac.

Blog Entries
    also who makes a decent band? the only 2 1 piecers I found online are Hadley-rome and maratac.
    Our host sells some good NATO and Rhino straps: http://timefactors.com/straps.htm

P.S. You might get an answer to the movement/battery question if you start another thread. The The British Military Watch subforum here might well be a good place to ask.

Banned
    Correct we here in the military are required to have a bank card, but I never activated it. (SHHHHHH!) That way if I'm robbed it's not a big deal.

Next question, my girlfriend will scalp me if I don't ask, what movement was in my old Hamilton? I got it right before I joined the Navy in 1991 it was a hand wound model and had a black face but no h3/propeller and a small face. I got a Seiko quarts SGG709 as a replacement which is slightly bigger.

She googled mechanical movements and informed me I'm "halucinating" it only lost 32 seconds a year. But it was that accurate. I promise.
    Your gf actually cares what movement is in your watch? Sounds like a keeper.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    Your gf actually cares what movement is in your watch? Sounds like a keeper.

She collects watches just doesn't have any military ones. I are brain dead to not ask her in the 1st place. :)

I found out (from her) it was a Swiss ETA 2801.

so for her (& my curioustity) what is in the CWC G10?

she's a keeper alright if only she learned how to make peanut butter pie (shhhhhh don't tell her I said so)

Apprentice
    Well it came the other day, I should have ordered a few spare bands, I prefer the US tyle 1pc but this seems like it should last a while.

I think there might be a run on them, quite a few folks here want one now.

Cabot Watch Company
    Current British army quartz general service watch
    Currently supplied to MOD for issue to British servicemen, this watch is the definitive military watch. Clear, precise, long-lasting. Latest stock, brand new, luminous light source, acrylic glass and battery hatch. Current issue with thousands in service. Supplied with issue 18mm grey strap. Swiss-made using Swiss parts to extremely high standards. Quartz ETA movement. Three year warranty.

Includes FREE battery change when required.

Our host has various 18mm NATO and leather straps, which will fit. See the Smiths Military 36mm PRS-29A.

Blog Entries
    Well it came the other day, I should have ordered a few spare bands, I prefer the US tyle 1pc but this seems like it should last a while.

Congratulations. Nice watches aren't they.

Glad you like it.

What, a piece of British military hardware the Americans actually like ? !!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldandgrumpy View Post
    There's the L118/M119. :-)

Super little watches

Its also worth considering a Rios clip on leather strap from the Watchbandcenter

http://www.watch-band-center.com/sho...strap/suche/1/

I have found that 20mm ones will fit on the G10's 19mm lugs OK

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by oldandgrumpy View Post
    Glad you like it.

I like your old style army boots better than ours too, but anywho...

Who's Eddie?

Apprentice
    There's the L118/M119. :-)
    ???

I like your old style army boots better than ours too, but anywho...

Who's Eddie?
    Eddie owns Timefactors and this forum.

???
    L118/M119, is a 105mm howitzer (really big bang stick)

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    Eddie owns Timefactors and this forum.
    I just e-mailed him Thanks...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by himmelblau View Post
    L118/M119, is a 105mm howitzer (really big bang stick)

Well if you want BIG guns... theirs always the USS Missouri.

But like I said I'm Navy, going to retire after 24 years in November.

I did have the (mis)fortune of serving a tour with the pretend Army (National Guard) in 2009 in Iraq.

Blog Entries
    I missed this Peanut and glad you are sorted.

If you need anything from the UK and as said above I am sure there are folk who would assist, I certainly would.

Welcome

Paul

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    I missed this Peanut and glad you are sorted.

If you need anything from the UK and as said above I am sure there are folk who would assist, I certainly would.

Welcome

Paul
    thanks a bunch