closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: TOTALLY RUBBISH films you've watched recently...

Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    CHiPs was better, and that's saying something. Baywatch was only worth watching for all the cleavage.
    Liked CHips too lol.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Lobster - What a waste of 2 hours!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim63 View Post
    I only watched the first hour until the images of the dog...then I stopped.
    All in all I thought it rather interesting,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Cloverfield Paradox. It was really poor.

Black Panther. Den of Thieves.

Did a double at the weekend. Black Panther was a terribly missed opportunity. The cast was good, and they obviously spent money, but it turned out formulaic, quite boring, with a poor story, and some surprisingly dodgy CGI in places.

Den of Thieves, not really sure why I bothered. Started off as a Heat clone (some very loud gunshots in the first scene), turned into Ocean's 11 crossed with the Usual Suspects and Tower Heist via Sicario. I thought Gerard Butler and Pablo Schreiber were doing their best, but the script was terrible. Action, I guess, was mostly OK.

Master
    The Machine...I persevered hoping it wouod materialise into something interesting....nope. avoid.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Cloverfield Paradox
    I've generally got a soft spot for generic sci-fi but this was poor.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Kingsman Golden Circle........what a pile of execrable doings.

Black Panther.

Slow to start with, a bit shaky on the continuity (in relation to CA: Civil War), an unnecessary role for Martin Freeman, poor CGI, really difficult to understand accents at times.

I think this film was a wasted opportunity, but, it will make a lot of money and will do a great job of putting black cinema on the map in a big way for the first time so it should be praised for that alone.

Mute.

Anyone try watching Mute? Duncan Jones's new sci-fi on Netflix. I'm sure when he had the idea of a futuristic thriller where the protagonist is a mute Amish guy in Berlin it was fantastic in his head, but in reality it's just tedious. I'd be amazed if anyone manages to finish it. I gave up after half an hour and watched Crank 2 again.

Pity, I was looking forward to it. Moon and Source Code were good.

Geostorm. Fell asleep and missed the end, which was actually a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I can't decide whether The Disaster Artist should be in here or The Best Movies Thread ??!! IT's interesting that's for sure.

Oh Hi Mark.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    Anyone try watching Mute? Duncan Jones's new sci-fi on Netflix. I'm sure when he had the idea of a futuristic thriller where the protagonist is a mute Amish guy in Berlin it was fantastic in his head, but in reality it's just tedious. I'd be amazed if anyone manages to finish it. I gave up after half an hour and watched Crank 2 again.

Pity, I was looking forward to it. Moon and Source Code were good.
    It felt like a companion piece to Moon. I liked it but it wasn't as good as either Moon or Source Code.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Thumbs up

"Mother"

Just don't, you'll thank me later

Just had the misfortune to watch "Monster Family". Thankfully it was via Sky Cinema, but it is actually still a cinema release, they're asking people to pay to see it! The animation quality is actually rather good, but the story, script and acting (despite a decent cast) are shockingly poor. I realise this is a children's cartoon, but Dreamworks and Pixar manage to bring some genuine drama, comedy or pathos to their films, this fails on all counts. As a British/German collaboration it suffered from lip sync issues, in some scenes it was worse than old Japanese manga cartoons! Absolutely unmitigated drivel. 1/10, and only that high because of the animation.

Just watches Ravenous on Netflix. Thought it was a shocker.

Not the worst film I've ever seen but not far off

Mark

Craftsman
    Baywatch Just like the tv series in every way.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by firefoxed View Post
    The Shape of Water, with all the Oscar nominations I was expecting something special. Should have known better, what a let down.

Film about a mute woman and a water creature that likes boiled eggs.

Just weird..... and I bet it wins loads of Oscar's.
    And it wins the Oscar for best movie.... ..

Still a turd of a movie

Master
    I watched the Interview on Netflix yesterday; sort of enjoyable pap and kept me sufficiently entertained while I ironed my work shirts

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychomech View Post
    Just had the misfortune to watch "Monster Family". Thankfully it was via Sky Cinema, but it is actually still a cinema release, they're asking people to pay to see it! The animation quality is actually rather good, but the story, script and acting (despite a decent cast) are shockingly poor. I realise this is a children's cartoon, but Dreamworks and Pixar manage to bring some genuine drama, comedy or pathos to their films, this fails on all counts. As a British/German collaboration it suffered from lip sync issues, in some scenes it was worse than old Japanese manga cartoons! Absolutely unmitigated drivel. 1/10, and only that high because of the animation.

+1 on all counts. They have been pushing it on the radio too, even the radio advert is low rent and (for want of a better word) shite.

Touted as a Sky Movies Original, but to be honest Netflix have nothing to worry about in that department.

An old ('76) one I remember watching on TV but hadn't seen for decades: The Eagle Has Landed

A superb cast, director and scriptwriter but the whole thing is leaden. Not even Jenny Agutter can enliven it. Larry Hagman tries hardest but as (scriptwriter) Tom Mankiewicz said "John Sturges, for some reason, had given up".

Blog Entries
    Prometheus. Not the first time, but what a rubbish film. Naomi Rapace used to do better when she played Lisbeth Salander in the original Millennium films. And that Fassbender guy... just a short role in the openings scene of a Bond Movie (we all know how that ends)

Menno

Apprentice
    It Follows on Netflix.

Gets rave reviews but absolutely awful!

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

The fragrant Mrs T wanted to see LA LA Land on Netflix the other day....... right through to the bitter end whereupon we both proclaimed that it was utter pants and that any awards/nominations it received were definitely not worth the sheet of paper it was written on.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    "Mother"

Just don't, you'll thank me later
    How would we know to thank you later?

Another vote for that stinker,"Shape Of water",glad that Blade Runner 2049 won a couple of Oscars for Cinematography and visual effects as it is simply stunning but apart from Michael Shannon who's good value in most of his films,the rest is shit that gullible Yanks really liked.Its funny but the Critics scores and Cinemagoers scores paint a completely different picture(Pardon The pun),in that there is a huge disparity in scores.

Master
    Downsizing with Matt Damon, started with a good idea then went way off tangent, terrible watch

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Kingsman Golden Circle........what a pile of execrable doings.
    yup, almost as bad as the first one :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    Watched Das Boot this afternoon, never seen it before and tbh I switched it off after an hour, total garbage.
    Ah come on , its terrific. Watch it in 3 sittings if you struggle

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardine32 View Post
    My boys were looking through now movies when they were over at the weekend and selected Assassins Creed. Beyond utter drivel and took itself rather too seriously. Still they enjoyed it I suppose.
    J
    I lasted 5minutes on this.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Although I wouldn't call it complete crap,Tomb Raider is certainly not that good. It seems a bit disjointed and it also feels like the screenwriters basically picked half a dozen 'plots' from a bit bag of standard mixed plots and wrote them down substituting the name Lara Croft as appropriate.
    It probably didn't help that I was sat in an uncomfortable chair either.....and my 13 year old son liked it so wha that do I know!

ps why does it seem that Odeon have crap,uncomfortable seats wherever I go yet Cineworld are always good?

Craftsman
    John Wick 2.

First one was OK but this was utter tosh. I have a devent AV setup and even I got bored of the same fight / gun scene every 15mins.

Baby Driver. I really expected more. Especially the camera work behind the wheel, which was blurry, poorly lit and very confused.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Apprentice
    This is your life. Hands down the worst, trashiest film I've seen in a very long time!

Just watched Kenneth Branagh's stab at Murder on the Orient Express. What an absolute stinker! Great cast, sumptuous decor, excellent sfx and yet the film couldn't be more of a turkey if it tried.

Peter Ustinov’s wasn’t exactly great either. Not easy to live up to Lumet’s.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Cool it, Bad Men. I mean Atomic Blonde. Even when Charlize isn't wearing any, it's pants.

And +1 on moustachioed snoozefest, Murder on the Orient Express. All tickets sleeper.

You were never really here, what a load of crap, was recommended here: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ovies-recently so gave it a watch, an hr and a half I'll never get back, absolute shite.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The Black Panther
    What a load of utter drivel, I don't mind marvel films usually but this is a steaming turd of a film. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by jmitch View Post
    The Black Panther
    What a load of utter drivel, I don't mind marvel films usually but this is a steaming turd of a film. :-(
    Watched this last night and agree 100%. Truly dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by jmitch View Post
    The Black Panther
    Not seen this (or Ultron) yet, but I have very low expectations of the vast majority of action blockbusters. They're all about 30min too long, of which that time is the extended action set-pieces.

What surprises me is when the critics get all excited about them - it creates an unrealistic expectation that it isn't just the more of the same thing. See also Star Wars movies - although I'm guardedly optimistic about the Solo movie (I'm prepared to be disappointed).

Craftsman
    Black Panther. Seriously disappointing

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Just watched Kenneth Branagh's stab at Murder on the Orient Express. What an absolute stinker! Great cast, sumptuous decor, excellent sfx and yet the film couldn't be more of a turkey if it tried.
    Yup a serious turkey. The vfx are terrible in some places “Istanbul” for example. Really bad move to not have used real locations and a real train as much as possible. 90% of the movie is a set with grreenscreen windows. They must have got worried enough to start dropping in those stupid external bridge chases.

Some of the performances are excruciating. Depp was acting like a character out of Bugsy Malone. I expected him to pull out a splurge gun any second.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen View Post
    Black Panther. Seriously disappointing
    Really didn’t get the hype on this. Its the weakest Marvel film by far . And the constant African tribal drum music was irritating

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    ...And the constant African tribal drum music was irritating
    Not as irritating as the generic African accents. Did the entire cast learn to speak like that from watching reruns of The Lenny Henry Show? I was half expecting T'Challa to begin his address to the UN with 'katanga, my friends'.

Master
    Just in case anyone is foolish enough to ignore the obvious warning signs, please avoid at all costs the 97 minutes of subtitled torture that is ‘Jeune Femme’.

French films appear to divide into a number of clear sub-genres. Firstly, wacky stylised romantic fantasy or sci-fi. Then toe curling family dramas about the hypocrisy of the bourgeoisie, followed by masochistic women ‘discovering their sexuality’, and then the perennial fan favourite where a middle aged philosophy professor has an affair with a much younger woman / student. The final genre is an unflinching portrait of, or possibly tribute to, a borderline psychotic / self-absorbed neurotic women who thinks her ‘I’m mad, moi’ antics are fascinating, when they are in fact unbearably tedious. ‘Jeune Femme’ is this kind of French film, and is straight in to the top three of the worst films I’ve ever seen.

Geostorm

Terrible, only made it half way and had to turn it off

Craftsman
    My Wife is a horror fan so she put on Insidious: the last key. It was indeed horrible...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Not yet released but calling it now.

Ocean's 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    French films appear to divide into a number of clear sub-genres. Firstly, wacky stylised romantic fantasy or sci-fi. Then toe curling family dramas about the hypocrisy of the bourgeoisie, followed by masochistic women ‘discovering their sexuality’, and then the perennial fan favourite where a middle aged philosophy professor has an affair with a much younger woman / student. The final genre is an unflinching portrait of, or possibly tribute to, a borderline psychotic / self-absorbed neurotic women who thinks her ‘I’m mad, moi’ antics are fascinating, when they are in fact unbearably tedious.

Wonder Woman showed up on Netflix. I had a couple of hours to waste before the Monaco Grand Prix. The film obliged. I found cars driving slowly in circles by bored drivers much more exciting in comparison.