closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: TOTALLY RUBBISH films you've watched recently...

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Always makes me laugh that after JCVD did Timecop (which your right was pretty good!) he was offered a $36m deal for 3 movies and told them to shove it as he wanted $60m........ He was then blacklisted and ended up doing the crap we have seen over the last 20 Year’s. Silly sod!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Timecop is superb basically because its actually quite fun but even more so because Mia Sara (Ferris Bueller) is topless in it .... thats a 5 ☆ rating..

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I loved Timecop!

Bright on Netflix wasn’t the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Baby Driver.
    Completely unlikely and inane. So why did I watch all of it?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Always makes me laugh that after JCVD did Timecop (which your right was pretty good!) he was offered a $36m deal for 3 movies and told them to shove it as he wanted $60m........ He was then blacklisted and ended up doing the crap we have seen over the last 20 Year’s. Silly sod!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    See "Jean Claude- Van Johnson' on Prime Video

Anything that relies on CGI to give it an 'edge'
    e.g. Transformers, iron man, the WHOLE Marvel collection...and...and...and....
    Utter...utter...garbage.

Storyline and decent acting everytime please.

Master
    Valerian. Pants!
    Plot didn't make sense for at least 30 minutes.
    Some pretty poor performances as well.

Mother

The Hobbit trilogy, absolutely childish over-produced crap. Not on the same planet as the LOTR trilogy, I didn't make it to the end of any of them before switching them off.

Dunkirk. Got the DVD for christmas. Maybe not in the totally rubbish category but I can't find the 'seriously overrated' thread.......

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find the Off Switch. Truly dismal. Every scene with the insufferable Eddie Redmayne ruined by his mouth-breathing droopy-lip wide-eye school-production style "acting". Shame as the supporting actors (and never has "supporting" been a more appropriate term) are very good.

November Man. Pierce Brosnan, daringly cast against type as a suave spy, sports a navy linen shirt, takes on bad guys and rescues a young lady. All without inconveniencing his coiffure, which again picks up the awards for most nuanced performance. "November" in the title refers to the time to hibernate, which you'll wish you had done instead of watching this turkey.

Dunkirk. Just kidding. It's a masterpiece.

Has Neil Breen been mentioned?

Absolutely Anything. Terry Jones penned Simon Pegg “vehicle” showcasing (again) why Pegg's lovable presence works best on the small screen. Fortunately for Pegg, someone cast Kate Beckinsale opposite him as the pointless one dimensional female character. A role she has been essaying for some time and, with further study, may eventually succeed in nearly achieving. A film that makes “straight to video” seem aspirational.

Blog Entries
    Tank Girl.

As bad as a comic adaptation can get.

z

Finally caught up with Spectre, what a disappointment.

Battleship. It was on Sky and I fancied it. It is dog shit.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I wouldn't say totally rubbish but I watched Downsizing the other day and although it has the odd amusing bit it was,on the whole,pretty average. Crap ending as well.

The Dinner was absolutely awful. Despite having a great cast (including Steve Coogan), it was 2 hours of all the worst traits of Woody Allen films i.e. overprivileged, self-absorbed, (psuedo)-intellectual Americans whinging on about their existential crises. Diabolical.

Blog Entries
    Inner Blues.................
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Mission Impossible Rouge Nation never been able to watch the whole film truly awful.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    I also only watched it last week. Though i Enjoyed it.

Gangster land or something, total drivel.

I wasn't too wild about the new blade runner either.

I watched Indiana Jones 4 again the other week - I haven't seen it since it came out. I was hoping it wouldn't be as bad as I remembered.

It was worse.

What was Spielberg thinking?*

*To be fair, I think he has acknowledged it all went a bit Pete Tong.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Mission Impossible Rouge Nation never been able to watch the whole film truly awful.
    Is that the one where Tom Cruise goes undercover as a drag queen, with a criminal mastermind trying to monopolise the global makeup market?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    I watched Indiana Jones 4 again the other week - I haven't seen it since it came out. I was hoping it wouldn't be as bad as I remembered.
    You hit the nail on the head TFB, if ever a film jumped the shark it was that one.

It's ironic that the well known midget Tom Cruise was cast as the 6foot 5inch tall character Jack Reacher, when in fact he is the actual size of a Hobbit and didn't get that part.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    Magnolia, utter dross.....
    Noooo. Its amazing , one of the most compassionate films about the contradictions of the human condition. Really moving.

Master
    What Happened to Monday.

I would walk through thorns for Noomi Rapace normally but I barely managed 20minutes of this overwrought gimmicky tissue paper.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post
    Beautiful VFX work though ... a real shame the plot is dumber than an episode of scooby doo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Tank Girl.

As bad as a comic adaptation can get.

z
    No its good with a 6 pack

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad The Bad View Post
    Bright, what a load of old toss.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright_(film)
    Noomi Rapace is lovely in it as a ninja elf. I’d have watched a film just about her.

Master
    Yes utter bilge . Couldn’t believe it .

I recall some reviewer saying that Rhianna was "pretty decent" in it - She's really not...

I only watched it as I think the Battleship in question is one I did a tour around when it was in the UK way back in the eighties! The only time I've ever bunked a day off work to go and do something (I'll admit I've had the odd day off when I didn't feel 'quite right' or went for an interview over the years, but only the once for a day out!)

M

Master
    Being made to watch the Harry Potter films at the minute. Seems I'm going against the general grain on this; but they are really poor. Well acted for the most part, great effects and a lot of other good points but utterly ruined by poor story development. Were the books this bad?

With the risk of sounding like a tosser, but deus ex machina much?!

'Oh no, Harry and Hermione are in danger for some obscure reason; fear not, that random nonsense introduced earlier in the film will make an appearance and save them...' Rinse and repeat

yawn

Just watched the 7th one (yes 7th! and I haven't finished this misery yet!), Hermione randomly teleports her and Harry to somewhere in the New Forest where, by happy coincidence, the sword they're looking for is at the bottom of a lake. Harry finds it accidentally because of some weird magical deer appearing for no reason. Breaks the ice and swims in to get the sword, but 'oh no' some thing holding him under the water, don't worry though cos the ginger one just randomly appeared because of that nonsense Dumbledore bequeathed him at the start of the film randomly led him to their exact location. How convenient.

Also, the 'everyone is either good or evil' caricature is very tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I recall some reviewer saying that Rhianna was "pretty decent" in it - She's really not...
    I think that a truly indecent Rhianna would be plenty good enough reason to watch this film. But I suspect you’re not exactly on the same wavelength
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I think that a truly indecent Rhianna would be plenty good enough reason to watch this film. But I suspect you’re not exactly on the same wavelength
    Each to their own, but he was referring to her 'acting'

M.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Each to their own, but he was referring to her 'acting'

M.
    Curses!
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Journeyman
    Dunkirk..bloody awful film

Watching "The Grey" right now ... rubbish...

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Blog Entries
    American Assassin on Apple TV. Don't bother.

Menno

Some crap called love me do, a British film. Complete waste of time

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I Am Wrath. An absolute bag o' toss staring John Travolta as a revenge seeking grandad

Geostorm, utterly speechless

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Downsizing - It had promise but I thought it was rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Parabola View Post
    Being made to watch the Harry Potter films at the minute. Seems I'm going against the general grain on this; but they are really poor. Well acted for the most part, great effects and a lot of other good points but utterly ruined by poor story development. Were the books this bad?

'Oh no, Harry and Hermione are in danger for some obscure reason; fear not, that random nonsense introduced earlier in the film will make an appearance and save them...' Rinse and repeat

yawn

Just watched the 7th one (yes 7th! and I haven't finished this misery yet!), Hermione randomly teleports her and Harry to somewhere in the New Forest where, by happy coincidence, the sword they're looking for is at the bottom of a lake. Harry finds it accidentally because of some weird magical deer appearing for no reason. Breaks the ice and swims in to get the sword, but 'oh no' some thing holding him under the water, don't worry though cos the ginger one just randomly appeared because of that nonsense Dumbledore bequeathed him at the start of the film randomly led him to their exact location. How convenient.

It's even worse when you meet an adult whose almost first words are " I'm a Harry Potter fanatic", give me strength...

Blog Entries

TOTALLY RUBBISH films you've watched recently...

yawn

I was forced into this too.
    I could not have put it better.

However, the studio tour - which I assumed would be the next level of hell - is very impressive - even if (for me ) the films were underwhelming.

z

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I was forced into this too.
    I could not have put it better.

However, the studio tour - which I assumed would be the next level of hell - is very impressive - even if (for me ) the films were underwhelming.

z
    I took my niece for a tour of the studio for Christmas last year. More enjoyable than the films I'd say and she loved it

Master
    I finally watched the new Blade Runner, I've been looking forward to it for ages.

It was torture. What an excellent cast and what a boring movie. By the time it got good (last half hour-ish) I'd already given up. Every scene seemed to drag and I got absolutely fed up of watching Ryan Gosling staring into space.

Loved the original, and for what it's worth I thought the sequel was completely faithful to it, I just didn't get the same vibe from 2049.

It's even worse when you meet an adult whose almost first words are " I'm a Harry Potter fanatic", give me strength...
    I think it’s quite common for adults to get a little bit too obsessed with what are essentially kids stories (see also Star Wars), particularly if they first saw them when young.

I’m pretty non-plussed by HP. I found the stories to be a bit repetitive. What is quite impressive is the “world” JK Rowling dreamt up, and the realisation of that world in the movies. You could say the same about the Star Wars universe. George Lucas’s genius was the realisation of his vision, not the stories or dialogue (which are pretty poor).

Indiana Jones comes closer to combining a decent story, acting and world vision imo (especially when views as an adult).

Master

My wife and I consider these a bit of a guilty pleasure, though certainly not anoraks about it like some people I've met.

We are currently letting our 6 year old girl watch them (though there is a fair step up from say the first to the third film in terms of being suitable for all ages). Anyway, in one of them a character has a "time turner" which enables the wearer to go back however far they like in time to alter history. As above, it was a daft gimmick which the whole story was written around, leading the reader/viewer one way then surprising them with "hey, you were wrong, because... time travel".

It worked for that one book/movie and tied all the story together at the end, but as my very astute daughter pointed out, if this Time Turner was an option then why not just rewind time and stop Harry Potters family from being killed? Or go a bit further back and do away with Voldemort at birth?

I have seen this film, and simply can't recall anything about it at all. Which is a bit of a worry, but probably speaks volumes about it.

Jupiter Ascending is truly awful by any measure - massive budget, stupid storyline which is sort of a rehash of the Matrix (yes really) and abysmal acting.

Eddie Redmayne is in it, again, and I note the comments about Fantastic Beasts above - which I also agree with. Can barely recall any of it, other than thesound balance on the dialogue was terrible so I couldn't make out much of what the actors were saying.
    So clever my foot fell off.