closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SeaDweller 4000 or GMT II BLNR

Journeyman
    A little bit of a thread revival, but in the last week I sold my IWC 5001 and picked up a GMT BLNR..... the SD4000 ticked all the boxes, to the extent that the IWC was being worn less and less, so after giving it some thought, the very nice people at Iconic Watches gave me what I felt was a very fair price for the Portuguese and supplied me an immaculate nearly new BLNR.
    Initial thoughts are that the SD4000 bracelet is far superior and the jury is still out on the PCL's, but I'm going to live with it as is for a while before deciding whether to brush on not.

Very happy thus far, I think this pairing will keep me happy for the foreseeable future, but then again I've said that before.

I like the BLNR also the 116600, but i think the 116600 look like to much like the 116610LN.
    Take the BLNR and oyu will be happy for long Time

Two cracking watches but for me it would have to be the SDc.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    blue being my favourite colour
    I remember my first girlfriend (we were both around 16 years of age) asking me what my favourite colour was. Cant remember what I said now, but he must have approved as access to her knickers was granted.

I didnt realise actual adults had favourite colours ;-p

Re: he must have approved.

You sure it was a 'girl' friend??

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post

Maybe it was a he but now a she ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post

d'oh! typo, honest guV!! it was definitely a "she" (as far as my 16 year old self was aware!)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Two cracking watches but for me it would have to be the SDc.
    Thank you and if I could have only one it would be the SCc for me too.

Craftsman
    BLNR for me BUT from the sound of your OP it looks like you've already decided on the SD ("much more me").

Go with your gut!!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
    BLNR for me BUT from the sound of your OP it looks like you've already decided on the SD ("much more me").

Go with your gut!!
    I did....bought SDc originally and then picked up a BLNR last week, so now have both.

Quote Originally Posted by M3gt View Post
    I did....bought SDc originally and then picked up a BLNR last week, so now have both.

So what are the pros and cons, and your favourite?

Blog Entries
    Owned the 116600 for a few weeks and didn't think it was top heavy at all. I think it wore great, but sold it since it didn't have AR which drove me insane. I'd pick the 116600 over the Batman any day. The 116600 is a more classic looking watch imho while the Batman is more flamboyant.
    Last edited by yonsson; 27th April 2015 at 09:14.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    So what are the pros and cons, and your favourite?
    SDc, pros are (for me) glidelock bracelet, no cyclops, quite low key, neater case lugs, the interesting back story of the original SeaDweller and the fact that its that little bit quirkier/rarer than a Sub.

cons? honestly, not a lot, its a great watch.

BLNR, obviously haven't had it as long, but pros are its a GMT but with a twist, the blue black combo I like, the white gold detail on the hands, the ultra thin GMT hand, the smooth action of the bezel and as with the SDc, the fact that its origins lie in a tool watch, created to do a job. The blue on the bezel is quite cool, really pops in bright sunlight, yet can appear very dark in low light.
    Overall while its still a very versatile, wearable piece, its a little dressier than the SDc.

cons? I'm not a huge fan of the cyclops, the jury is still out on the polished centre links, strap is nowhere near as adjustable fit-wise as the SDc and its a little more showy than the Seadweller.

Quote Originally Posted by M3gt View Post
    SDc, pros are (for me) glidelock bracelet, no cyclops, quite low key, neater case lugs, the interesting back story of the original SeaDweller and the fact that its that little bit quirkier/rarer than a Sub.

cons? honestly, not a lot, its a great watch.

BLNR, obviously haven't had it as long, but pros are its a GMT but with a twist, the blue black combo I like, the white gold detail on the hands, the ultra thin GMT hand, the smooth action of the bezel and as with the SDc, the fact that its origins lie in a tool watch, created to do a job. The blue on the bezel is quite cool, really pops in bright sunlight, yet can appear very dark in low light.
    Overall while its still a very versatile, wearable piece, its a little dressier than the SDc.

cons? I'm not a huge fan of the cyclops, the jury is still out on the polished centre links, strap is nowhere near as adjustable fit-wise as the SDc and its a little more showy than the Seadweller.

Thanks for that
    Sounds like the SDc would win in a Harry Hill style "Fight!" then?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Thanks for that
    Sounds like the SDc would win in a Harry Hill style "Fight!" then?
    Indeed it would

I've had my Sdc for two weeks now, and I have to say I absolutely love it. There isn't one thing I'd change about it. I can see it being on my wrist for a very long time.

Gratuitous photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    I've had my Sdc for two weeks now, and I have to say I absolutely love it. There isn't one thing I'd change about it. I can see it being on my wrist for a very long time.

Gratuitous photo.

Congratulations. It looks great. A celebratory beer is well deserved

The GMT function is really handy for travel and when you want to work with dual time. I think the BLNR is the best looking model within the GMT and Explorer II ranges, with the Triplock serving as a befitting crown.

I think the Pre-ceramic GMT watches look better than the new ones, really don't like polished centre links on a tool watch

I would take the SDc though as it has all of the new features whilst retaining a lot of the classic older style look

I've had 4 SD4000 but only one blnr (still have one SD)

Will probably never buy a maxi case again, just don't like the bulky feel to it.

Craftsman
    Sea dweller 4000

Apprentice

BLNR or SD4000

I love both and after purchasing the BLNR I found the SD4000 being discontinued and decided to get one before their gone(and a 15% discount helped). FYI, the AD in Syracuse has a SD if anyone is interested

Quote Originally Posted by melrandy View Post
    I love both and after purchasing the BLNR I found the SD4000 being discontinued and decided to get one before their gone(and a 15% discount helped). FYI, the AD in Syracuse has a SD if anyone is interested
    Can I contact the AD directly or have to go through you?

Apprentice
    Contact them directly: Henry Wilson Jewelers. Ask for Mary

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Why not buy both, if you can. I have a 16660 SD and a Kermit and being honest prefer the SD.

Saying that the BLNR is going to be my next purchase, to add to the other 2.

Blog Entries
    There was a SD4000 sitting in the window of an AD in Basel in the old town. It was there last Wednesday. For the price of an easyJet day trip fare, maybe someone wants to get it. Sorry but I don't have the store details.

I think it was this one:

https://m.rolex.com/rolex-dealers/de...lexdealers.com
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 3rd April 2017 at 08:39.

Journeyman
    BLNR gets my vote,! just looks so good IRL