closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where do I go from here ??

Where do I go from here ??

Where do I go from here ?? This was the collection, and I have trimmed it down recently (and added one).

Have this week got the OCD urge to trim the collection so that I actually wear the watches more of the time. So:-
    1. Ignore Explorer 1 as that is my eldest son’s (he’s travelling round the States so its in the safe)
    2. PRS-82 just been sold this week – fabulous beater, but I have an ana-digi TAG (not pictured) that has led a hard life for 10 years (mountains/gym/etc), so didn’t need two watches to cover that
    3. Omega AT just been sold this week – great watch but never wore it
    4. IWC – love this watch to bits, but just too scared to ding it so its on SC at the moment
    5. Might move on the Omega MegaQuartz as never wear it – albeit it reminds me of the 70’s when I grew up
    That would leave me with GMTc, GV, JLC, Speedy II. Also the Zenith I just bought from JC180:

Those stay. They are all special to me for their own reasons and get regularly worn. Subject to the IWC selling that would leave me (with my other competed sales) with a reasonable amount in the watch fund that I might top up to the £10k mark. Looking for ideas as to what to get. I don’t want another vintage as the Speedy II covers that box. I want something maybe on the dressy side, but not too plain. And also something that will get worn. The AP RO that was just on SC looked tempting. I’ve never gone for gold, but the rose gold Daytona looks good on my wrist (but would blow the budget even at £14k s/hand):

….. all ideas gratefully received.

Master
    I think you should definitely go for gold !

If you like the Daytona then save for a bit more (or sell another) and get what you really want. Otherwise it will keep nagging away and you will end up there in the end and waste time and money in the mean time.

Gold Reverso or Day-Date perhaps?

Banned
    That onyx black daytona ceramic bezel wow, it looks so good. Save up a little bit, move the Milgaus it is a must and go for it. Also Megaquartz, well you know..
    Nice collection though

Craftsman
    Nice collection. The Daytona would get my vote either that colour combo or the white gold panda dial version

Simple.

You need to buy another watch box Loving that IWC. Great collection

Master
    I love the gold daytona with the ceramic bezel and leather strap. I think it looks so classy.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    I love the gold daytona with the ceramic bezel and leather strap. I think it looks so classy.
    Really? It looks like a Swatch

Is it down to the lake I fear. AyayayayayaAyayayayaya
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    What about a white gold sub

I'd go for an AP

Craftsman
    I dont know but I love the vintage Speedmaster. I will have one one day. There is / was a beaut on Sc just recently and had it not been for an impending holiday it would have been sat in my watch box by now... maybe after the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Really? It looks like a Swatch
    It does a bit!

... how about a Glashütte Original Pano Moon:

Dressy, definitely not plain and you have no gold, moon phase complication or Glashütte watch in your collection so far. And the Pano also has a very nice movement with a hand engraved balance cock.

Cheers,
    Christian