closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 24. Jack is back

24. Jack is back

Heads up for all you 24 fans. New series, season 9, starts on sky1 tomorrow night at 21.00. Only a 12 parter, hope it's a good one.

Brighty

the first two parts were already on yesterday at 01.00 :-)
    But we're gonna series link 'em and watch 3-4 at a time, after all, it'll only be 23 minutes of show in every Sky hour!!

Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post
    it'll only be 23 minutes of show in every Sky hour!!
    That was the deal breaker with Sky for me. Pay through the nose just to have it, and then be forced to watch at least 15 minutes of adverts per hour? No thanks.

Just 12 episodes? How is that being done? Does it cover a 12 hour period, or have they abandoned the "in real time" thing?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Just 12 episodes? How is that being done? Does it cover a 12 hour period, or have they abandoned the "in real time" thing?
    "Fox CEO Kevin Reilly said that the series would essentially represent the twelve "most important" hours of a typical 24 season, with jumps forward between hours as needed."

So it's a different approach which I kinda don't like, honestly.
    I'm quite anxious to see the first two episodes though, I'll return with a feedback once I do.

Master
    I've really been looking forward to this, I hope it doesn't lose anything from being chopped down. The 24 hour real-time could drag on a little, but the detail it went into really made the show imo.

I'm in two minds whether to watch it or sky plus it - not looking forward to a week long gap between episode. We got into 24 quite late, so luckily we just chewed through them on DVD pretty much back-to-back.
    Last edited by kevkojak; 7th May 2014 at 15:32.

Yvonne Strahovski is probably reason enough to watch it.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=yv...w=1680&bih=959
    Last edited by acg; 7th May 2014 at 12:39.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    That was the deal breaker with Sky for me. Pay through the nose just to have it, and then be forced to watch at least 15 minutes of adverts per hour? No thanks.

I did hear they were using the jumps to cover certain things, maybe like a transatlantic flight or the likes?

I've always enjoyed 24 and I'm pleased they've dropped the real time scenario. The programme started with a 2 or 3 minute preview then with the ads it was only about 48 minutes anyway. Plus it got harder and harder to believe in real time (ie getting through a crowded New York in a minute etc!!)

Looking forward to it

Master
    Never watched it. What is it about?

Just watched the first two, amusing to see Jack plying his trade on a London council estate!
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

I am amazed there are any more plots to foil, baddies to kill and daughters to get kidnapped.

I will wait to for it to come out on Pick

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Just watched in kept thing it shows America in a very arrogant way, CIA running round London with hand guns as if they own the place.

Still love it and waiting for next instalment!

Craftsman
    I will install myself on the sofa in approximately 32 mins!

Crap.

Grand Master
    That was absolutely terrible, it looked a lot cheaper than the old 24 series, had even more unbelievable storylines and appears to have been written by a bunch of 8 year olds. The blonde (the one out of Chuck) is really annoying as well already, what she's being made out to be just make the audience have to suspend even more belief.

I'm in two minds whether to watch any more, it really is killing the memory of the old stuff, and towards the end of that series it was getting a bit daft, but not even within two orders of magnitude of the daftness of Live another day!

Master
    I watched the first two episodes and a sort of pilot in which the cast talked about this new reiteration. Aside from the comment below which I find very true I found it watchable, so to say. I guess I'll watch the rest of the series just for the sake of Kiefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977 View Post
    The blonde (the one out of Chuck) is really annoying as well already, what she's being made out to be just make the audience have to suspend even more belief.
    +1.

Blog Entries
    Not a big fan but the mother inlaw s happy she loves it and she's broken her leg so I am sure the box set will be on then all your hear is blib blob blib blob 12.00 hours to 13.00 hours blib blob blib blob lol