closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So close, yet so disappointed - the new Bulova Snorkel

Quote Originally Posted by kdes24uk View Post
    Thanks for that. Now if that was the blue one or the DLC variant I'd be very tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    22mm.
    Bah! The old stuff has 20mm lugs

Got mine also... nice piece. Looks even better live.

Coffin bracelet is great, and really comfortable. So I will keep it on the bracelet for now. I would prefer it to be all brushed, maybe I will brush it someday.

Too bad that they used poor looking mesh on some other models.

Last edited by Rocky555; 23rd July 2014 at 19:46.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceslug View Post
    Thanks for that. Now if that was the blue one or the DLC variant I'd be very tempted.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bulova-96B...item51bec5db9f

No association with seller......

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky555 View Post
    Got mine also... nice piece. Looks even better live.

Coffin bracelet is great, and really comfortable. So I will keep it on the bracelet for now. I would prefer it to be all brushed, maybe I will brush it someday.

Too bad that they used poor looking mesh on some other models.

Many thanks for showing the pics - it helped make up my mind about the mesh strap.....looks awful with the join half way around (imho). Have asked AD to replace with the bracelet you have.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
    ...and received Orange...
    Can we look forward to a review in the near future?

Thanks for that Ventura, great price but currently out of stock.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post

Although as it's only water-resistant to 3ATM, that's only 20m.
    No. Or to put it another way, no.

The 3 ATM is 3 atmospheres of excess pressure. The watch is sealed at surface pressure, and so is not supporting any pressure differential above water. It will experience 3 ATM excess pressure at 30m.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    vigourous activites such as swimming/diving where a watch is consistently under higher pressures than the depth it is being used at.
    Oh. My. God. Please provide references that show the physics behind that statement.

This belief in the magical ability of the human arm to generate pressure differentials in incompressible fluid is just that, a belief. A mistaken belief, based on mythological physics. And it's wrong.

Science. It works.

You're replying to a very old statement, but if you can find me a manufacturer that recommends swimming and snorkelling in a 3ATM rated watch I'll bow down to your superior knowledge.

Here's a "reference" from one of the worlds biggest watch manufacturers: http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/wat...atertightness/
    "As a result of movements in the water, such as a forceful swimming motion or a stroke on the water, the resulting dynamic pressure can exceed the specified static pressure many times over, thereby impairing the predetermined watertightness of the watch."

Oh, and water can be compressed by the way.
    Last edited by Lampoc; 9th August 2014 at 20:32.

Blog Entries
    You're replying to a very old statement, but if you can find me a manufacturer that recommends swimming and snorkelling in a 3ATM rated watch I'll bow down to your superior knowledge.

Here's a "reference" from one of the worlds biggest watch manufacturers: http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/wat...atertightness/
    "As a result of movements in the water, such as a forceful swimming motion or a stroke on the water, the resulting dynamic pressure can exceed the specified static pressure many times over, thereby impairing the predetermined watertightness of the watch."

Oh, and water can be compressed by the way.
    A. Necroposting is an honored tradition on TZUK.

B. "if you can find me...". Silly straw man. I make no such claim.

C. A manufacturer's publicity website hardly counts as learned, or - more to the point - accurate, science.

D. Water can be compressed. Not by the human arm unaided while in the water.

E. it would be nice if watch people would stop posting comfortable old myths that have no basis in reality.

A. Nobody likes necroposters.
    B. I have no idea what you're actually claiming.
    C. Take it up with CASIO.
    D. Don't say water is "incompressible" when it's actually compressable then.
    E. CASIO and I may well be wrong but you should really back up your arguments with sort of facts/proofs rather than just dismissing everything as a myth.
    F. Try not to be so condescending and patronising when you reply again.

Last edited by kdes24uk; 11th August 2014 at 18:31.

Interesting read indeed. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    F. Try not to be so condescending and patronising when you reply again.
    At this very moment, all over the galaxy, there are pots spraypainting kettles black with extra black paint.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kdes24uk View Post
    Very interesting, thanks.

Craftsman
    This looks like a really great watch. I'll take a look at one when I get the chance.

Got mine from Shadestation this week (thanks for the link). My first Bulova. Completely mesmerised by the way the second hand just sweeps.

I like my divers on rubber, so if any other Snorkel owners want the mesh, drop me a PM and you can have it for postage + couple of pints.

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    Can we look forward to a review in the near future?
    Will try and take some pics etc and do a quick review.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim63 View Post
    Thanks for that Ventura, great price but currently out of stock.
    I think they are back in stock now: http://www.shadestation.co.uk/Bulova-Watches.html

Will try and take some pics etc and do a quick review.

I think they are back in stock now: http://www.shadestation.co.uk/Bulova-Watches.html
    Many thanks for the 'heads up' again....but I sort of got distracted by the Breitling Aerospace and the Junghans Mega 1000 (?)...I only wanted to add a single quartz watch to my little collection....at the rate my indecision is multiplying I will have another box full of quartz watches!!!

Journeyman
    That's bizarre the WR is so low. Have you seen the new Longines Heritage diver?

The new Bulova Snorkels are actually 200m Water resistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    That's bizarre the WR is so low. Have you seen the new Longines Heritage diver?

I wouldn't take mine diving, but I've happily worn it on the boat. Case back is engraved 200m water resistant.

Reading various threads on WUS etc, it was an error on the website for Bulova. The case is WR 200m.

Looks good, and that Longines is a possible purchase!
    It's just a matter of time...

Bank holiday 20% off code: 20SALE20

Believe it applies to Accutron IIs also.

Had missed this, does the Orange version come with that strange mesh/link strap or is that only the Astronaut/Accutron II?

Craftsman
    I got these two from Nigel O Hara. Took about two and a half weeks from order to delivery. I didn't hear anything the first week so sent a message through their online thingy. They replied the next day saying the watches had been ordered from the manufacturer as they didn't keep them in stock but they would be arriving imminently and I would receive a dispatch email. I was away for a week so didn't get a chance to follow up. Got back and no dispatch emails. I was all set to call them to cancel my order but luckily decided to clear out my email inbox first and there was an email from the post room advising I had something to collect. Turns out it was both watches. Not great communication but got there in the end I suppose.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410731200.338266.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410731208.856907.jpg

Master
    I spotted an orange snorkel in the window of a local dealer earlier this week (first time I've noticed one, had only seen photos on the internet). I popped in for a closer look, but I was really surprised that it just didn't click for me unfortunately. Also had a look at the Spaceview re-release while I was there but I felt the latest movement didn't lend itself to the look. Too much of the dial is taken up by the big metal plate.

I did like the Precisionist Wilton Chrono though, and it didn't wear as big as the size suggests.. so have ordered one of those up.
    stolen photo