closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Classic from the missus (women v watches)

Blog Entries

Classic from the missus (women v watches)

I mentioned to her that I was considering selling my 45.5 PO to soften the blow of a PAM as you do and she piped up "don't sell it I will wear it".

Now there has been converse on here regarding women wearing chaps watches and she does flit between her Tag and a polar Exp II, but a PO, I ask ya.

I am I the only one with a wife that is waking up to and starting to nick my hobby or is it a spreading disease????

Is any of your other 'alf's wearing anything bigger than a 40mm?.

Yours confused

Paul

zsayub116610
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    I mentioned to her that I was considering selling my 45.5 PO to soften the blow of a PAM as you do and she piped up "don't sell it I will wear it".

Now there has been converse on here regarding women wearing chaps watches and she does flit between her Tag and a polar Exp II, but a PO, I ask ya.

I am I the only one with a wife that is waking up to and starting to nick my hobby or is it a spreading disease????

Is any of your other 'alf's wearing anything bigger than a 40mm?.

Yours confused

Paul
    I think in general some mens watches look awesome on women, it depends if they can pull it off really... I would imagine they would wear a mens watch in a more casual manner rather than in a more 'dressy' manner; <40mm looks elegant and classy on women in my opinion.

Hahaha i think its a disease that spreads, the greater the exposure to watches the more subconsciously attracted they become to them :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zsayub116610 View Post
    I think in general some mens watches look awesome on women, it depends if they can pull it off really... I would imagine they would wear a mens watch in a more casual manner rather than in a more 'dressy' manner; <40mm looks elegant and classy on women in my opinion.

Hahaha i think its a disease that spreads, the greater the exposure to watches the more subconsciously attracted they become to them :)
    Wifey is 5'10", legs to her arm pits, lean and carries off our Explorer II very well and does wear it to black tie functions. We are visiting big son in York this weekend but Monday we are back and I will adjust the bracelet for her although I do not think I will get it small enough.

Ta
    Paul

honestly i think big mens watches look a lot better on women than they do on a lot of men, regardless of how big the mens wrists are

i was saying to my friend the other day who was looking at some watches, she liked 2, one mens and one ladies and said she would prefer the ladies watch just because it was a ladies watch,

i said she was lucky because women can easily wear ladies or mens watches and it looks good, while i had to find smaller than fashionable (which is getting harder and harder) mens watches to find one i liked and didn't look way too big on my wrist

Master
    My missus has worn my Zenith Prime a few times and (1) it really suited her, (2) she couldn't be bothered with winding it up. I think it can look good, but it will start eating into your own watch fund!

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    .....and I will adjust the bracelet for her although I do not think I will get it small enough.
    No no no.... Make sure its on a strap that fits you both, that way you can borrow it back whenever you fancy ;-)

Adjust the bracelet and you will never see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Meinessex View Post
    No no no.... Make sure its on a strap that fits you both, that way you can borrow it back whenever you fancy ;-)

This. If its staying you need to be able to borrow it back.*

Hae been trying for year to get mine even vaguely interested in them. She has 'kindly' agreed to owning a manual wind Reverso at some point as knows about my love for JLC and Reversos generally.

She does wear my Aerospace for cooking complicated stuff though as I can run the countdown timer and chronograph simultaneously and use the rotating bezel for third timer but that's as far as it goes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Hae been trying for year to get mine even vaguely interested in them. She has 'kindly' agreed to owning a manual wind Reverso at some point as knows about my love for JLC and Reversos generally.

She does wear my Aerospace for cooking complicated stuff though as I can run the countdown timer and chronograph simultaneously and use the rotating bezel for third timer but that's as far as it goes.
    Like that

Paul

Yep, SWMBO was swiping watches, so I bought her a couple. She wears the heck outta a DOXA 1200.

Master
    Not mine, if it doesn't have four legs she's not interested.
    I did ask her if she would like a nice watch, and her reply was "no, but I'd like a tractor"!
    Her "hobby" costs much more than mine. Still, it keeps her happy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinessex View Post

Good point this...... Right better re-think the rubber purchase.

She is serious and on the journey this morning to see big son and family in York the subject was raised again and again. Only fair I borrow her underwear.......again ;-)

Paul

My wife has her eye on my PRS-25, but I know she'll destroy it in a matter of days, especially with the Everest's proud crystal. If I though she'd treat it kindly enough to get more than a brief wear out of it, I'd have bought her one of her own ages ago.

Blog Entries
    Seems a bit of a mixed bag then with the interest from the other half's.

What's the crack with sizing the PO bracelet, no screws so guessing is one way in and the other out..

Now being dragged to the Disigner Village in York (GREAT). Anyone needing Ralphy bargains??

Paul

Craftsman
    Well, Mrs Jimmer just thinks I'm absolutely crackers!

My wife, (only 5ft) used to wear a 44mm Panerai 90. She now wears a Rolex GMTc and both looked great on her tiny wrist. She also has a GSHock Riseman as a beater.

Everything looks good on a beautiful woman. Period.

Master
    Mine has no interest in watches at all and doesn't wear them which is a shame, but on the plus side, she didn't notice the SubC ND I bought at Christmas until I told her over 3 months later :)

Master
    My wife has a mobile phone for telling the time or on occasion will wear a Mickey Mouse watch bought in Disneyland. She has no interest whatsoever in any timepiece I show her.

I bought my wife a TAG about 15 years ago that she still wears every day. Offered to buy her a new one but she's not interested. I did buy her a Cartier a couple of years ago as a suprise but that had to go because she couldn't wear it in the bath !!!!

Upside of her lack of interest is that I've managed to sneak a few new ones past her ! ' is that a new watch ?' ' no, I've just changed the strap .'

Mark

Well Mrs Mycroft (not her real name!) professes not to understand my watch mania, yet is perfectly happy to own four... all of which I bought her. So she has a lovely ladies Seiko and a Mondaine railway watch, both of which she wears in rotation on a day-to-day basis. She also has a Longines for special occasions and a Kenneth Cole tank that seems to have fallen out of favour recently.

I suspect bigger diameter watches would look great on her, but she has no interest in divers and I'm trying to keep her away from naff fashion brands!

Simon

I have to admit it was my wife who infected me with the bug. Her collection is still better than mine with a couple of Rollex' and a beautiful 18k 70's Cartier tank that she picked up for a pittance last time we were in Paris. All ladies size watches, although her mother does Sport a men's Cartier tank.

Quote Originally Posted by redsnapper View Post
    I have to admit it was my wife who infected me with the bug. Her collection is still better than mine with a couple of Rollex' and a beautiful 18k 70's Cartier tank that she picked up for a pittance last time we were in Paris. All ladies size watches, although her mother does Sport a men's Cartier tank.
    I should add that my wife is Chinese though. Actually, another reason I got into watches, I was hanging out with people in China whose watches were all nicer than my
    Timex.

It's ok letting her have it but if it stops you getting a Pam ,she's got no chance

Master
    im too pikey to let my wife wear my watches for long but we did do a little swap whilst out and about a short while ago, i think she gets away with the rolex better than i get away with the gucci

Master

More than just telling the time

My wife has no interest in watches,she has a Rolex datejust.
    She doesn't understand why you'd want more than one watch.
    Great news for me,as she never wants to wear my watches!

My better half couldn't really give a monkey's about watches and seems to be perfectly happy with her £10 Next Gucci lookalikey. I've never caught her wearing any of mine and I can't see it happening any time soon either.

Journeyman
    I guess no such problems here, although I think it's ok if she would wear my watches. On the other hand, she occasionally hit the door or anything else accidentally, so I'm actually pleased that she sticks to her Rolex Airking.

Craftsman
    Any time I've noticed a woman with a large watch they seem to wear it loose, like a bangle or bracelet.
    As said, I would keep the size if possible!

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Dan83bz View Post
    Everything looks good on a beautiful woman. Period.

+1