closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Bezel Insert Source?

Rolex Bezel Insert Source?

Is there any way to buy a new Rolex bezel insert without going through Rolex UK (and handing back your current one)? I've always been under the impression that Rolex keep tight control on their spare parts but am not sure if this is correct.

I'd like to try a 'Coke' or 'Pepsi' on my 16710 and buy a spare insert for my 16610LV.

I realise that you can buy fakes but I am not interested in this option.

I think they might not even sell you inserts not original to your model.

Try Duncan @ Genesis perhaps?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Try Duncan @ Genesis perhaps?

R
    Worth a shot Ralph - cheers

FleaBay is full of them... this came from Texas lol

Master
    The easiest way to get an insert is to remove your current one and go to an AD or RSC and tell them it fell out.

OP- You can buy a GMT bezel insert without exchanging yours. Rolex St James will even fit it while you wait. It's c£32 for the exchange and c£50 for the outright purchase. I'm not sure on the LV, you can check with them on 020 7024 7300.

Grand Master
    Bill Rice fitted me a new insert on a 16610 Sub and returned my old one. Keeping the old one is wrong.....it belongs to you, not Rolex!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Keeping the old one is wrong.....it belongs to you, not Rolex!

Paul
    When they sell the new one for reduced price it's a simple part exchange, just like you wouldn't expect to keep your old car when part exchanging against a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Hackett.dp View Post
    OP- You can buy a GMT bezel insert without exchanging yours. Rolex St James will even fit it while you wait. It's c£32 for the exchange and c£50 for the outright purchase. I'm not sure on the LV, you can check with them on 020 7024 7300.
    Cheers - useful information.

Thanks for all the advice.

zsayub116610
    have a look at chrono24 for rolex parts/accessories. There are loads on there :) Also try the rolexforums. I recently bought my 16610LV insert from there; accidentally scratched mine on the corner of a table :( :( :( and because i have a mild form of ocd i had to change it to a perfect one :)
    Last edited by zsayub116610; 27th April 2014 at 18:06. Reason: typoooo

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stoat View Post
    When they sell the new one for reduced price it's a simple part exchange, just like you wouldn't expect to keep your old car when part exchanging against a new one
    Wasn`t aware that the price altered or the choice was available.......that surprises me.

Paul

The price certainly does change if you want to keep the old insert, although I don't think they use the term "part exchange".

When I popped into St James to enquire about a service insert for my 1680, I was told it was £32 for the new insert (fitted) and an additional 50% if I wanted the old one back (which, had I decided to go ahead with it, would have been a no-brainer given that correct period fat font inserts go for hundreds of pounds...!)