closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega back from a service...

Banned

Omega back from a service...

....and im well chuffed!

Missed it while it was away! A full overhaul service, lots of parts replaced, and it looks spanking new, not a nick or blemish anywhere, and with a fresh two year warranty it feels like a new watch really, and so it should for the bloody price!!

Good service allround really from Omega just eyewateringly expensive...

Omega

Good result and it's good to see someone happy with a service for a change!

Craftsman
    The pain will be quickly forgotten by seeing such a wonderful result !
    Congrats with your "re-newed" watch !
    I like it !
    Love the blued hands.

That's a beautiful watch, worth every penny I'm sure!

If you don't mind, how much was the service via Omega? I have a Seamaster from 2000 which has never been serviced and I'd like to look into getting it done. After the amazing service from Breitling, I'm keen to go the official route.

Banned
    PM sent buddy.

Beautiful watch, and it does look like new! Happen to have any before pictures?

Master
    Blog Entries
    That looks very nice and is a really nice hands/dial set-up. I looked at a new one of these some time ago but (obviously) didn't commit

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fas View Post
    If you don't mind, how much was the service via Omega? I have a Seamaster from 2000 which has never been serviced and I'd like to look into getting it done. After the amazing service from Breitling, I'm keen to go the official route.
    My previous SMP was serviced by STS in 2011 and cost about £250 IIRC, so would think Omega factory service would have been somewhere north of this figure and you'd need to take inflation into account. If you search through the Omega website, there used be prices in Swiss Francs for service.

Also don't forget Duncan at Genesis, loads of positive feedback on here. Not sure if he's able to do anything with the He valve though.

Looks like servicing on mine is circa £350, assuming I've identified the calibre (1109) correctly? This is mine, full size auto:

http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-o...base?ref=20645

Congrats OP..that's one beautiful watch.

Nice watch.....have hankered for one but never owned one....my Speedmaster 1151 is in the hands
    of STS at the moment......pictures requested. Has come out at £439 inc new crown and pushers refit
    my own new bezel. This includes a complete strip down. Not bad as its a chronograph which Omega
    charge a premium for.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakadu View Post
    Nice watch.....have hankered for one but never owned one....my Speedmaster 1151 is in the hands
    of STS at the moment......pictures requested. Has come out at £439 inc new crown and pushers refit
    my own new bezel. This includes a complete strip down. Not bad as its a chronograph which Omega
    charge a premium for.
    Wow that surprises me, feeling a little better about the cost now! It was £470 through Omega, a premium due to being a chronograph as you pointed out. The two year manufacturers warranty makes it worthwhile IMO.

Mine too had the crown and both pushers replaced, three or four seals/gaskets and a decent handful of other random components, all came in a little bag with the returned watch.

@FAS looks like you got the right one there buddy.

@JeppeRober yup got a few but nothing showing any marks or damage, it had a few hairlines here'n'there, the main thing is its general appearance, the difference between brushed areas and polished areas, theres a clearer sharper definition.

Master
    Stunning and worth every penny,nothing like a good old fashioned spruce up to rekindle the love.

Master
    That looks fantastic, nice to hear of the service centre doing some good work. £470 for an auto chrono isn't that bad, especially from a manufacturer and with a 2 year warranty.

Enjoy your 'new' watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Osian85 View Post
    Wow that surprises me, feeling a little better about the cost now! It was £470 through Omega, a premium due to being a chronograph as you pointed out. The two year manufacturers warranty makes it worthwhile IMO.

Mine too had the crown and both pushers replaced, three or four seals/gaskets and a decent handful of other random components, all came in a little bag with the returned watch.
    Sounds like a reasonable deal to me if it includes all taxes etc etc which it sounds like it does! Well done.

Master
    It's good to know that Omega can restore a watch to like new condition, gives me more confidence to just wear my new PO and not just save it for best.

Banned
    Congratz to have it back, what a snowy queen. Beautiful

Looking very nice, i bet your glad to have it back.