closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone Used ASDA Tyres?

Anyone Used ASDA Tyres?

I stumbled upon ASDA Tyres website, an they had a cracking price on a pair of 245/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport 3 at a shade over £300 fully fitted, seemingly at a Halfords Autocentre. This was a lot cheaper (£50+) than other internet sites, eg Blackcircles.

Ordered the tyres for fitting in Friday and got an email today to say they don't have them in stock, and will not be getting them in stock. What a supermarket owned by the world's largest retailer cannot get hold of a pair of Michelin's!

The cynic in me says they priced them too cheap and have pulled out. They have other good deals on Conti's and Pirelli's, but I smell a rat.

Any good experiences out there?
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 23rd April 2014 at 20:23.

Yes I used them in February. Best price I found for some Goodyear f1's for my TT. Ordered on a Wednesday and fitted on the Friday at my local tyre shop.

Had not heard of them doing tyres previously and found it weird when was first looking but have to say the experience was excellebt and quite a saving overall.

Not used Asda but looked at them,I found Mytyres were slightly cheaper and as I have a friendly local tyre fitter I didn't require that service, hope they find you some soon!

Master
    As with many online purchases it's not valid until they invoice you, so if they have charged your card then you could try to take them to the small claims court for the difference in price between them and what you pay but can you really be bothered?

My local tyre fitter is cheaper by 5 quid a tyre for the ones I use.

Craftsman
    I used them to buy some tyres for my daughters Jeep. Had them fitted at the local Halfords. Best price I could find.

I've used them a couple of times and had them fitted at my local Halfords with no problems. Getting tyres delivered from camskill.co.uk is also worth a look if you have someone who can fit them for you.

Michelins are best value from Costco, they have offers every other month, and the fitting service is far better than any other garage! Worth signing up as a member if your eligible.

Master
    Have you tried tyreshopper? Fitting is carried out by national tyres.

Master
    I used them and was pleased with the price but the Halfords chap on duty that day was a slack jawed, open mouthed gum chewing knuckle dragging yob and I decided not to let him near my recently renewed alloys so I cancelled there and then - he just grunted which I assumed was OK.

I'm fussy I know.

B

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    The cynic in me says they priced them too cheap and have pulled out. They have other good deals on Conti's and Pirelli's, but I smell a rat.

Any good experiences out there?
    No rats to smell. Asda are the retail partner for one of the UK's largest tyre distributors. www.bondint.co.uk/

I used them in January thanks to a lovely pothole ruining my brand new off side tyre, wonder why I pay road tax. Anyway they were the cheapest I found online and actually ended up having the tyre changed at our local Arnold Clark who also completed a health check and topped up my oil free of charge

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I used them and was pleased with the price but the Halfords chap on duty that day was a slack jawed, open mouthed gum chewing knuckle dragging yob and I decided not to let him near my recently renewed alloys so I cancelled there and then - he just grunted which I assumed was OK.

I'm fussy I know.

B
    Not unreasonably so! I would also walk from ANY company that had a 'thing' of that ilk employed in a customer facing position!