closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: where can i buy a omega seamaster 300 2254.50 in UK

Craftsman

where can i buy a omega seamaster 300 2254.50 in UK

hi everyone,
    I have just joined the forum as I would like to buy a nice watch and wonder where to get it from. I like the omega smp 300 2254.50.00 and since they don't make them anymore maybe you could point me in the direction of finding one either from a dealer or privately.
    thanks
    nik

Do you own or fly a Spitfire?

I'll help you if you do

Welcome along by the way!

Hi and welcome.

There's a mint LNIB NOS full B&P and stickered up one currently in Sale Corner for £500. An absolute bargain!

Craftsman
    Jon he has only had 1 post he can't see SC nor does he likely know what it really is tbh. Needs PM from SC seller to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Hi and welcome.

There's a mint LNIB NOS full B&P and stickered up one currently in Sale Corner for £500. An absolute bargain!
    lol. I think this might be slightly tongue in cheek.

Grand Master
    Welcome to the forum. The 2254.50 is a highly-regarded watch on this forum. I`ve owned one and serviced/refinished a few; and I`m a big fan of all SMPs.

Buying one can be a minefield; some of these watches are getting quite old and the condition isn`t great. Sellers will conveniently forget to quote the age of the watch in their ads (particularly on ebay).

Bezels are over £200 to replace and you can`t get a separate insert; if the bezel's in poor condition it affects the value of the watch significantly. Worn bracelets is another problem; cosmetic refinishing isn`t difficult but they are prone to wearing the pins and tubes if the watch gets arduous use over several years. Ensure all links are present, particularly the half-link for fine adjustment. Using an extra half-link allows the fit to be fine-tuned to suit; Omega only supply one with the watch, which always seemed odd to me.

Service history helps; beware of watches that are several years old and in need of service. The good news is that most watch repairers will work on these, you don`t have to pay Omega's prices.

Look for something that's had an easy life, and a bezel in good condition. Be prepared to pay a strong price for a top example....it usually works out cheaper in the long run.

Paul

Master
    Looks like Neil at Chronomaster has one for sale--check it out.

Craftsman
    thanks for the replies and the good advice. I will try and take my time and find the right example. I like the one on chrono, just wish it had all the paperwork. I see they also have a PO too !