closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anybody bought 2nd hand vinyl records via Amazon

Craftsman

Anybody bought 2nd hand vinyl records via Amazon

Just picked up a starter turntable and looking to get the records I did'nt get first time around. Browsing Amazon last night and they had a huge range of cheap to reasonable priced stuff from various sellers.

Anyone here with happy purchases.

I've bought one or two LPs from Amazon, but over a hundred via Ebay. I haven't had any issues with either route. Both Ebay and Amazon have good mechanisms in place to deal with problems, and certainly for Amazon, "the customer is king".

As with watches, so with second-hand LPs, the greatest risk is in the definition of condition - one persons A1 may be another's B-, so as always, "caveat emptor".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stowaJLCfan View Post
    Anyone here with happy purchases.
    Yes. I got this rare LP for a very good price from a German seller...

I've never bought second hand but I've had a few new LPs via Amazon and they've always arrived quickly and we'll packaged.

Yep it's fine. eBay pretty good. Musicstack is the best online though.

Craftsman
    Thanks all, looking for Dexy's Too Rye Aye and some Talk Talk.

Depending on your genres I'd like to recommend a website called 'discogs' have a look. It's basically a wiki but people also sell their wax on there to.

Master
    Don't forget your local charity shops...

Quote Originally Posted by gazzafaegreenock View Post
    Depending on your genres I'd like to recommend a website called 'discogs' have a look. It's basically a wiki but people also sell their wax on there to.

The ones that come up on my wish list from Discogs are always vastly overpriced with hideously expensive p&p

When I buy secondhand vinyl I tend to use Diverse Vinyl. They're a bricks and mortar shop in Newport (I think) and have a really good section of new and preowned records. Worth persevering through their clunky website to buy from.

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    The ones that come up on my wish list from Discogs are always vastly overpriced with hideously expensive p&p

When I buy secondhand vinyl I tend to use Diverse Vinyl. They're a bricks and mortar shop in Newport (I think) and have a really good section of new and preowned records. Worth persevering through their clunky website to buy from.

Oh, that's unfortunate. There's also htfr(hard to find records) to. Again. Depends on your genre.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Oxfam do shops dedicated to music & books...worth having a look to see if there is one near you.