closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: JLC Amvox 2 - any owners?

JLC Amvox 2 - any owners?

So I'm thinking about having a change around in the collection replacing it with something different and I keep coming back to the Amvox 2 with the vertical chronograph. I have a JLC Master Compressor Diving GMT and it always feels like a "special watch" whereas the piece I'm thinking about swapping out only feels special when I wear it (I never seem to think "oooohhhh must wear that today", its a Hublot BB all black ceramic, incidentally).

So any owners on here? How do they hold up in the real world, any issues with the unusual chrono? How about wrist shots?

Thanks in advance
    Tim

Hi:

I had an Amvox 2 a couple of years back before selling it on. It twice had to go back to JLC to have the lock/unlock switch on the left hand side of the case tightened up. Both times JLC did this work free.

There is no doubt that the vertical Chronograph is a very cool and unique piece of kit. However, I always felt the watch had an inherent fragility and the dial was relatively illegible (I had the skeleton dial version).

Pros: unique, conversation piece.

Cons: felt fragile, not an everyday watch, twice had to go back.

I love JLC but I dont think this is one of their best.

Master
    OP: do you own/drive an Aston Martin?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomw2000 View Post
    I do and I have had AMVOX 2 and 2.

I'd echo the comments that it felt fragile regardless of whether it was or not. Very, very clever and I always like to buy JLCs with a patent on them but would it still be running in 10 years, I got the feekling probably not. I met the designer of the watch at the manufacture and he was very enthusiastic about it which was nice. He also gave me a copy of his original drawings and signed them which was a nice touch for an owner :)

Mine was gone over by JLC extensively when i bought it (pre-owned) and even then, probably one in five or one in ten the chrono would either fail to start, stop or reset perfectly as it's impossible to always apply the correct pressure in the correct place as the watch moves on the wrist. Kind of defeats the object of a chronograph!

Lovely in titanium though, very light.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomw2000 View Post
    haha, no I do not and I get that the Aston connection is there but I love the look and ingenuity that the watch has, not the connection with AM.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    haha, no I do not and I get that the Aston connection is there but I love the look and ingenuity that the watch has, not the connection with AM.
    Ok - cool. :)

Thanks for the comments so far, anyone have any wrist shots please?