closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Then There Were Four! (Enter the 190).

Then There Were Four! (Enter the 190).

Been a while since I had any incomings and then 2 in quick succession.

Having cut down to 2 watches and really only looking for a third to complete a small collection, temptation took over and 2 became 4.

After a weekend in York and Harrogate and me dragging the good lady around numerous watch shops, a clear favourite was determined. By luck an as new model was on SC and a deal was done. So the Omega was first to arrive,

Beautiful dial, just a superb watch, quite a substantial piece but a great looker. Thanks to Neil(brucelee) for a smooth deal.

Next to arrive a grail for me, been looking for a nice example for a while and just after the Omega landed, this appeared on SC,

The 190 is a stunning piece, many thanks to Kash for the deal, still can't stop looking at it!
    The new pair join my daily wearer,

The 29 has been my daily wearer for 3 years, a great all rounder, admittedly not everyone's favourite but it's certainly mine!

Last but not least IMO, one of the finest in their current line up,

The subc no date seems to divide opinion but suits me nicely!

A quick collection pic,

So the question is where next and can I shrink the collection back down to 3, for now though, time to enjoy.
    Last edited by melhick; 22nd April 2014 at 20:50.

Master
    Love the omega, I have one of these the Americas cup special edition.
    Plenty of watch with great wrist presence.
    Col.

Quote Originally Posted by cgs View Post
    Love the omega, I have one of these the Americas cup special edition.
    Plenty of watch with great wrist presence.
    Col.
    Got to agree Col, the Omega was the most surprising watch I tried on in York, really is a great piece, preferred it to any of the Planet Oceans, of which I thought were my favourite Omega's.

Is the Americas cup special edition,the black and red version?
    Last edited by melhick; 22nd April 2014 at 20:43.

Mel,

Reduce to three?, nah mate you need another one to make it five ;)

More modern than i'm used to but all really nice pieces :)

James.

Gorgeous 190! Love that PR on the back

Quote Originally Posted by dreamboat10 View Post
    Mel,

Reduce to three?, nah mate you need another one to make it five ;)

More modern than i'm used to but all really nice pieces :)

James.
    Think James a divorce is on the cards if I spend any more on watches, although a nice vintage Monaco would certainly sit very nicely!

Master
    Nice spread with all bases covered.

Quote Originally Posted by melhick View Post
    Think James a divorce is on the cards if I spend any more on watches, although a nice vintage Monaco would certainly sit very nicely!
    Would certainly sit nicely in your collection, although a divorce may be more costly ;)

Craftsman
    the 190 is beautiful. The only Panerai now that I still really lust after! congratulations.

Blog Entries

My grail chasing days are pretty much over to be honest, but a vintage Gulf Monaco was to breeze past, I could seriously see my credit card being linked to my PayPal in a nano-second!

Nice pick up Mel... and nice little quartet you have going there.

Enjoy.

Craftsman
    Very nice collection. Especially the SubC no date. I'm not a fan of the Cyclops (don't need a date at all tbh given I work at a PC ever day)

Quote Originally Posted by hiver View Post
    Gorgeous 190! Love that PR on the back
    The 190 is my first Radiomir and it certainly doesn't disappoint, from the case shape, gold hands and JLC movement, I feel it's one of the most classic Panerai around.

Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post
    My grail chasing days are pretty much over to be honest, but a vintage Gulf Monaco was to breeze past, I could seriously see my credit card being linked to my PayPal in a nano-second!

Nice pick up Mel... and nice little quartet you have going there.

Enjoy.
    Think mate, that my collection is probably missing a vintage piece. It's not through the lack of trying though, I've had many vintage pieces that really have come and gone quite quickly. Sometimes possibly not giving them chance to bed in, that is certainly true of the Heuer 3H I had for a short while, given the chance again it would definitely still be in the collection!

A nice Heuer Monaco or Autavia GMT may just fill that gap though!
    Last edited by melhick; 23rd April 2014 at 08:15.

Master
    Blog Entries
    With that lovely collection I see the 190 is in excellent company. All the bases covered and great examples of the brands. Nice one

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    With that lovely collection I see the 190 is in excellent company. All the bases covered and great examples of the brands. Nice one
    Kash, to say that I am chuffed with the 190 is an understatement, beautiful piece in lovely condition, once again many thanks for the deal mate.

The 190 is my first Radiomir and it certainly doesn't disappoint, from the case shape, gold hands and JLC movement, I feel it's one of the most classic Panerai around.
    Great collection. I can see myself flipping my 287 for a 190 sometime in the near future. The 190 looks just so right and back not to shabby either.

In my ever-changing collection, the 190 has been my only constant and I have had it almost 10 years now. A superb watch, I hope you love it as much as I love mine!!

Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    In my ever-changing collection, the 190 has been my only constant and I have had it almost 10 years now. A superb watch, I hope you love it as much as I love mine!!
    Took a long time coming round to a Rad, think however the 190 will be around for quite a while!

+1 on the 190. Well done

Tuxedo Dial.

Quick pic of the tuxedo dial on the 29.