closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: looking for reassurance

Craftsman

looking for reassurance

Hi everyone

I'm been looking for a pre-owned Rolex Air-King for a while. Naturally, I've checked in all the obvious places (Blowers, Watchfinder, Austin Kaye, Ebay etc) and was about to make a purchase when I stumbled across Parkers. Looks legit, but was wondering if anyone had any experience dealing with them?

Cheers
    Roland

Banned
    Parkers jewellers Sheffield ?

If so there legit and fine to deal with, Peters fine, but Alex is a tight wad.

Craftsman
    Thanks - I'll give them a bell.

Grand Master
    I visited a couple of years ago; some of their stuff was fine but some didn`t impress me. I`d gone to see a Rolex and I was disappointed; the watch needed cosmetic refinishing and it was clear that no effort had been made to prepare it for sale. Some of their prices are way too high IMO.

There's no substitute for seeing the watch before committing, but that's not easy when you're a long way off. Given the amount of money involved in buying a Rolex thesedays, it's worth a day off work and a few £££on travelling........far better than spending a lot and being disappointed.

Paul

Ive never had any experience with Parkers, but Paul have said rightly so.
    I was going to purchase a watch online, and decided to go have a look at the watch myself.. this prompted me to walk away very quickly.
    Its better to lose an opportunity than spend lose your money. Especially with an Air-King, theres plenty around!

Good luck.

Master
    You may already have done all this, so apologies if I’m teaching granny to suck eggs, but I’d spend a bit of time looking at various forums, sales corners, Rolex history websites, even the “completed” auctions on Ebay, to get a really good idea of what the model variations were before heading to the dealers. Narrow it down to a few variants and then get a feel for prices in accordance with condition, unpolished vs refinished, correctness of bracelet, etc. etc.

Craftsman
    Also remember that there are distance selling regulations (http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...ng-regulations ) - so if you don't like the look of the watch you can always send it back.

Craftsman
    Thanks for all the advice - really hate the thought of throwing good money away, so I appreciate you taking the time to help out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I'm been looking for a pre-owned Rolex Air-King for a while. Naturally, I've checked in all the obvious places (Blowers, Watchfinder, Austin Kaye, Ebay etc)
    Just an addition place to look: Chronomaster, http://www.chronomaster.co.uk, has Air-Kings sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Just an addition place to look: Chronomaster, http://www.chronomaster.co.uk, has Air-Kings sometimes.
    ...and Neil is a tip top Guy to deal with. I have made many purchases/deals with him, even met him in Basel a couple of years ago. Someone you can rely on and deal with full confidence.