closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IWC PILOT Mark xvii Le Petite Prince

IWC PILOT Mark xvii Le Petite Prince

Hi
    Has anyone here got one of these or seen one in the flesh.
    The blue dial looks nice in pictures. After a google search I can't see any for sale

Thanks

Andy

I have seen and tried one a few months ago.
    Fantastic watch IMHO. I know that many of the valued members here do not like the date window, but I don't care.

Craftsman
    Somehow hadn't noticed this. Fantastic watch and I'm a big fan of the book. Hmm will be trying that on I think.

Let me know if you find one. Can't see getting much discount on one if these.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Hi
    Has anyone here got one of these or seen one in the flesh.
    The blue dial looks nice in pictures. After a google search I can't see any for sale

Thanks

Andy
    There's this one, for sale in Hong Kong - price on application. if you googled Le Petite Prince that might be the problem, try Le Petit Prince, sans 'e'.

http://www.chrono24.fr/iwc/iw326506-...arch/index.htm

Tried one on a couple of months ago in Selfridges. It's a limited edition of 1,000 pieces and the dial is absolutely gorgeous. The date window looks very different without the red arrow and it wears very nicely. At the time, they had 3 in and that was their last piece; all sold within a couple of days.

Iconic watches had one at 15% discount but it sold within the day. Very lovely piece watch and I would expect them to hold their value quite well vs. the standard mk xvii.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Courboy View Post
    Very lovely piece watch [sic] and I would expect them to hold their value quite well vs. the standard mk xvii.
    +1.

Blog Entries
    In the flesh the dial is stunning.

I have had my (standard model) Mark XVII for a few months now and I absolutely adore it. The watch is so wearable and dresses will on the OEM strap and down on a NATO.

Just popped this BOB on and so pleased with it.

As mentioned the three date window is nor everyones cuppa tea but for me it just adds something extra as do the flash of red.

Paul

Craftsman
    What is the point of having 3 numbers in a date window??
    The only reason I can think of is if you don't know how many days are in the current month, but you learn that at primary school.
    Lovely looking watch though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerUK View Post
    The only reason I can think of is if you don't know how many days are in the current month, but you learn that at primary school.
    Or perhaps the minute hand is a quarter past the hour thus hiding the current date???

I know (rolls eyes)..........

Paul

It's just a feature. You might as well say what's the point of having a blue dial!

Master
    This is the best looking of the (not to my taste) three date window... But that second hand! IWC has totally squandered their "serious watch" cred with silly nonsense like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Or perhaps the minute hand is a quarter past the hour thus hiding the current date???

I know (rolls eyes)..........

Paul
    Yes Yes, that is IWC's explanation. Kind of makes sense but still is.....Meeh. I've seen a couple of other brands 'copying' that feature. I honestly do not remember anymore which one....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pacchi View Post
    Yes Yes, that is IWC's explanation. Kind of makes sense but still is.....Meeh. I've seen a couple of other brands 'copying' that feature. I honestly do not remember anymore which one....
    I think it is also mimicking a cockpit altimeter as they generally have multi number windows. I know....... (rolling eyes again.....)

Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    I think it is also mimicking a cockpit altimeter as they generally have multi number windows. I know....... (rolling eyes again.....)

Paul
    The only thing worse IMO is the Full/Empty (aping a car's display) power reserve indicator on some Seikos. I'm not sure who these childish features appeal to, but I know the vast majority are either turned off or indifferent.

Easier to read the date close to 24:00?

I think it would have been nicer if there's no date window at all......
    Well, my personal taste....

Bought 1 for the wife. Very beautiful dark blue dial that looks black most of the time. All sold out from AD and Boutique momths ago, in Hong Kong anyway. I ask the boutique and no chance to back order it from Switzerland, all sold out worldwide. Good luck with the hunt.

Master
    Was just looking at these as I was trying to remember what the model was of IWC that I loved a few years ago when we had a AD for them in town.

Really nice watch, wish I had of gotten one all those years ago.

Craftsman
    According to Chrono24, there's apparently one available in Hong Kong.

http://www.chrono24.com/en/iwc/iw326...arch/index.htm