closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watchfinder - updated on page 4

Quote Originally Posted by Operation Grandslam View Post
    I found Watchfinders staff to be little more than glorified mobile phone salesmen in terms of attitude. However David Duggan's staff are perhaps some of London's worst, absolute idiots trying to pass off damaged stock in my experience, clowns and rude with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    totally agree with this one on David Duggan's, went into see a 5513 from 1968, that to be honest needed some TLC and a good service, but they seemed to thing it was OK to throw it out in its present condition at just under £6K
    Yes, I've had that too. I was going to buy Bea a Tank and saw it had a big dent in the side of the case; I was told it just needed a quick polish

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    Arthur seems to like it this way, he never moans...
    Can't be an Arthur if he never moans. This is an Arthur…….https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5me3vBcZbE

I suspect, given their location in the main, they are used to making reasonably easy sales to tourists. I've been in a few times for a browse & been unimpressed by the level of "expertise".

I've also overhead some outrageous BS by one of the salesmen trying to close a deal on an SD making out that because they were no longer made (at the time) they were super, super rare.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Their staff don't come over as watch enthusiasts to me.

I've been in a few times and ignored. I spotted a nice Breitling B1 in there but no one exhibited any interest in talking to me, so I went home and researched and got a nice one for little more than half their asking price.

I thnk the Royal Exchange shop is a bit of a speculative outlet hoping that well heeled people with no knowledge will spot something shiny and buy it without considering if the price is fair,

By contrast the staff in the Omega store their are unfailingly friendly and helpful.

M
    I agree with this sentiment.

Working a few minutes from the Royal Exchange I pop in there quite often and have dropped into WF about three or four times. The experience has always been the same, disinterest and underwhelming.

Contrast this with the Omega boutique, or the Bremont store, again visited a number of times. The experience was at the other end of the scale, polite, interested, enthusiastic and....well simply that is how a customer should be treated.

Even if WF had a watch I wanted at the right price I wouldn't buy from them now.

Their loss....

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Yes, I've had that too. I was going to buy Bea a Tank and saw it had a big dent in the side of the case; I was told it just needed a quick polish
    I was going to buy an Explorer 1 , the crystal had a massive chip in it, I too was told a polish would sort that out.

Oh dear oh dear. This is a bit of a PR disaster.

I also went to their event last year, and was planning to drop by next time I was in town. I doubt I'll bother now.

Some kind of response from the store on this thread is certainly warranted.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    If that's the case, then maybe he'll report back to the boss(es) that they lost £12K of business, and probably a fair chunk more in the years ahead.
    £12k??

Hell of a lot more from readers of the post, who have decided to deal with an outfit providing better customer service - if it comes to that. The fall out of something like this I'd not restricted to the actual missed transaction - just look how trip advisor devastates some b&b's!
    It's just a matter of time...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Some kind of response from the store on this thread is certainly warranted.
    If I owned the place, I'd stay well clear.

I mean, what do they say....

They may start apologising for the ignorant lad, but then what about all the complaints on here about the condition of their watches. They apologise for not checking and describing condition correctly, or for slotting damaged stock up customers ar@es?

Master
    I've been following this thread with interest and personally I'm in the "whistleblowing" camp, regardless of whether I'd reconsider my position on purchasing from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stoat View Post
    You called

As to WF, bought a watch from them a few years ago and to say I was disappointed is an understatement - having agreed a brand new strap would be provided as I don't really want someone else's sweat infused strap the watch turns up without a new strap, several calls to the saleslady and her boss but they wouldn't budge. Basically they told me I'd fabricated the whole thing up and that they'd never have agreed to a new strap despite me forwarding the email back to them that agreed this as part of the deal ... the inference being that I'd doctored the email.

I'd be very reluctant to deal with them ever again.

As to a couple of comments around the level of service you'll expect if spending 12k ... I'm old school, I expect a decent and honest level of service no matter what the amount is I'm spending!
    THIS is nothing short of appalling; I'm disgusted!

Perhaps a class action complaint where all of these experiences are detailed or even just a link to this thread would make the WF hierarchy sit up and take note - if they're not already aware...

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    If I owned the place, I'd stay well clear.

I mean, what do they say....

They may start apologising for the ignorant lad, but then what about all the complaints on here about the condition of their watches. They apologise for not checking and describing condition correctly, or for slotting damaged stock up customers ar@es?
    May have misunderstood, butI thought the condition complaints related to David Duggans? Not sure now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    May have misunderstood, butI thought the condition complaints related to David Duggans? Not sure now.
    Some do, others to WF as I read it's still, I'd stay watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang if I was them. The pitchforks are out here

Pitchforks indeed. Myself and couple of others put down very positive experiences and are completely ignored; like it didn't happen and we didn't post.

I guess it's more fun to say 'well I had 10 grand to spend but now I'll go elsewhere', 'they've lost my business' etc.

Actually if they've got the right watch at the right place, you're the one losing out, not them. A bit of nose-cutting-off here, or perhaps just bandwagon jumping.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Indeed, as I read it the complaints about the condition of watches with damage that could apparently be polished out; chipped crystal...WTF!?!? Related to David Duggan, though I'm sure WF have had their moments.

Blog Entries
    I purchased a Bremont Solo (part exchange) from WF last week.

Deal was fine in relation to trade + price. New strap included. Very responsive in terms of communication and a very fast turnaround.

However, please see link below as I posted a thread a few days ago due to some issues. Emailed WF within 24 hours of purchase and the watch will go back to them on Tuesday once the post office reopens.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...Scratch-Advice

Will give them the benefit of the doubt at the moment. Although looking for a replacement OEM crystal and the timekeeping is atrocious. Not a few minutes here and there but 5 to 10 mins per hour.

The thread at present generally focuses on a lack of customer service but it will be interesting to see how they deal with standing by their goods.

At least they didn't get your name wrong, Terry. Oh, no, wait...

I have nothing more to add.
    "A man of little significance"

Journeyman
    I've dealt with them before, long before they had the store in Royal Exchange, and it was a good experience.
    I've also had dealings with Tony, their head watchmaker, many moons ago before watchfinder, I purchased my first Rolex from him, it was the perfect experience, I went to his workshop a few times, he showed me several models, I met a few of the gents he worked with, saw the precious stone settings and polishing first hand, he sourced the watch for me and did a great deal.

Maybe it's been the transition to a store, I'm guessing when you open a retail outlet everything changes, but there's no excuse for poor customer service these days, none at all.

I did, some time last year, query with them about a ss/gold Sub-C, but they never followed up on it.

I've just put an offer in on something via their ebay account, so I'm waiting to see what comes back.

My honest observation, I work in the City, I work with a lot of people who have nice watches, more than one, and they are very 'canny' about the value of these things, so it's not about City-types not knowing what something is worth or if it's good value or not. Probabaly quite the very opposite.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    I purchased a Bremont Solo (part exchange) from WF last week.

Will give them the benefit of the doubt at the moment. Although looking for a replacement OEM crystal and the timekeeping is atrocious. Not a few minutes here and there but 5 to 10 mins per hour.
    I've got to say, it'd go back for me. Full stop.

I've bought and sold from Watchfinder over the years and I've become less and less impressed on each subsequent occasion.
    The last time was when I went to get them to sell on commission my 292. I took the watch personally into Royal Exchange and agreed commission rate and selling price. The following day I got an email confirmation from their Maidstone office including in it was a £340 service charge which wasn't even discussed by the guys in Royal Exchange.
    I phoned the manager of Royal Exchange and asked him why he never mentioned the service charge and he gave started getting stroppy with me so I collected the watch back from them.
    i wouldn't ever deal with them again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    Pitchforks indeed. Myself and couple of others put down very positive experiences and are completely ignored; like it didn't happen and we didn't post.

I guess it's more fun to say 'well I had 10 grand to spend but now I'll go elsewhere', 'they've lost my business' etc.

Actually if they've got the right watch at the right place, you're the one losing out, not them. A bit of nose-cutting-off here, or perhaps just bandwagon jumping.
    Not necessarily...... I took note of yours and others positive experience...but unfortunately that doesn't change my 2 negative experiences...

I'm an easy going sort, and more often than not, I'm happy to give someone the benefit of the doubt, and a second chance..... But after that I give up...

Actually, I think the issues around condition are important in terms of justifying mark-ups too, because this is the standard blurb that appears on all listings on the WF website: This XXXXX has undergone a thorough inspection of water resistance, accuracy, functionality and condition to determine the level of reconditioning required to meet our strict standards. The inference from this is that the mark-ups discussed elsewhere in the thread are in part justified by the fact that these checks are carried out and - presumably - anything requiring a service is indeed serviced prior to being displayed for sale.

I'm not sure that this is the case, though. A couple of months ago I wanted to make an impulse purchase of an IWC pilot chrono, but on inspecting the watch it was apparent that the hands were snagging and it needed attention. I was told that it would go to WF's watchmaker for service and would be ready to view again in a week or two. It's not the first time it's happened either, as last year I was looking at a watch that I fancied that had a sticky date change mechanism - it clearly hadn't been checked properly, in the same way as the IWC hadn't been checked properly. The mark-up is, it seems to me, about 40%+ on average but certainly much higher on some pieces they have in stock, judging by the prices they're attempting to sell at. If there's a general consensus that service could be improved, and if one makes a fair assumption that watches aren't serviced as a general practice prior to sale, it does beg the question as to whether the mark-ups are justified, at least in my mind.

Incidentally, and with reference to Steve's comments above, I didn't start this thread intending or hoping for any kind of "pitch-fork" reaction. I started it for no other reason that I'm a serious watch buyer and I feel that I've had a poor experience... nothing that will keep me awake at night, but enough to raise some questions in my mind that I thought were worthy of discussion. It seems that my judgement was correct in this respect but I'm also aware that there are no doubt far more positive experiences with WF than negative, a few of which have been evidenced here.

Banned
    Incidentally, and with reference to Steve's comments above, I didn't start this thread intending or hoping for any kind of "pitch-fork" reaction.
    My reference to "pitch forks" being out was justified in those jumping on the thread who'd previously been silent, after a bad experience. Very much as we often see in H&V here, sadly...

For the record, based on comments from others, over many years of watch buying, I've never entertained them and never would.

Tony, apologies if I was misunderstood.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    £12k??

Hell of a lot more from readers of the post, who have decided to deal with an outfit providing better customer service - if it comes to that. The fall out of something like this I'd not restricted to the actual missed transaction - just look how trip advisor devastates some b&b's!
    I was only talking specifically of Tony's expenditure, since I don't know what everyone else equally disgruntled was planning on spending.

Incidentally, and with reference to Steve's comments above, I didn't start this thread intending or hoping for any kind of "pitch-fork" reaction. I started it for no other reason that I'm a serious watch buyer and I feel that I've had a poor experience...
    My suggestion wasn't that you were :)

Poor experiences should be documented; the comments about the new strap by a poster above are truly shocking and I hope that person no longer works there.

I have had one bad'ish experience with Maidstone many years ago on a part-ex; but the boutique staff have been fantastic from start to finish with me every time.

Edited to add; their market may not be geeky WIS though. The DRSD I bought from there was listed as 1981 with no paperwork. I jnew this was wrong (after checking with smarter people on here) so went for a check and a chat. Turned out it was 1974 with 4 sets of Rolex service papers, a nice box and an old purchase second-hand receipt from 1981. And we negotiated a great deal :)
    Last edited by DB9yeti; 20th April 2014 at 10:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Not necessarily...... I took note of yours and others positive experience...but unfortunately that doesn't change my 2 negative experiences...

I'm an easy going sort, and more often than not, I'm happy to give someone the benefit of the doubt, and a second chance..... But after that I give up...
    Fair enough Andy. I wouldn't go back to someone who'd wronged me twice either!

Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    It's a shoddy way yo deal with someone looking to spend a serious chunk of change.
    How much money you intend to spend should have nothing to do with the quality of personal service or interaction with a customer/person.

Master

Lewis, unless they deal only in the ultra-rare, most of what they sell can be found elsewhere, and not dealing with them for whatever the reason, becomes a matter of principle rather than statement making or joining in with what everyone else is doing.

I did mean to mention your contrary experience, and was going to suggest maybe you should go with Tony, but then thought why should he need you alongside him to obtain service befitting someone prepared to drop £12K?
    As I have already said, for pretty much the same money and a flight to Italy, he can have a newer and unworn one instead, and if he did opt for that route, it'd be very interesting to hear how the experience was in being welcomed through the door and so forth.
    As it is though, it looks like some other sellers here are on the case for him, so we'll probably never find out how it would've gone over there.

I could take issue with this, for a number of reasons. Suffice it to say, however, that I've already acknowledged that there are many positive WF experiences; the fact is that mine weren't, and for me that's more important than saving a few quid on the right watch.

...As I have already said, for pretty much the same money and a flight to Italy, he can have a newer and unworn one instead, and if he did opt for that route, it'd be very interesting to hear how the experience was in being welcomed through the door and so forth.
    As it is though, it looks like some other sellers here are on the case for him, so we'll probably never find out how it would've gone over there.
    I'm still very tempted by the Riccione option, as it happens :)

Lewis, unless they deal only in the ultra-rare, most of what they sell can be found elsewhere, and not dealing with them for whatever the reason, becomes a matter of principle rather than statement making or joining in with what everyone else is doing.

I did mean to mention your contrary experience, and was going to suggest maybe you should go with Tony, but then thought why should he need you alongside him to obtain service befitting someone prepared to drop £12K?
    As I have already said, for pretty much the same money and a flight to Italy, he can have a newer and unworn one instead, and if he did opt for that route, it'd be very interesting to hear how the experience was in being welcomed through the door and so forth.
    Several good points and I'd argue with none. Tony should NOT have to be introduced, but with hindsight, I was introduced by a good customer and that is possibly why I am treated so well. There is however no excuse for him or anyone else to be treated badly (although you do get some real dicks in there!!).

Yep, there are always other options which won't leave a bitter taste.

I could take issue with this, for a number of reasons. Suffice it to say, however, that I've already acknowledged that there are many positive WF experiences; the fact is that mine weren't, and for me that's more important than saving a few quid on the right watch.
    I hope you don't. We haven't met or had contact directly but your knowledge (and photography!) of watches vastly exceeds mine and I often learn something from reading what you write down.

My comments were not aimed at you, you spoke as you found. That's all any of us can do.

Master
    One or two visits per week for seven months! 30-50 visits to a shop without buying anything. They're hardly likely to be rolling out the red carpet

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper View Post
    One or two visits per week for seven months! 30-50 visits to a shop without buying anything. They're hardly likely to be rolling out the red carpet
    Todays timewaster,tomorrows Lottery winner!

Journeyman
    Someone tell me about the Riccione option, or point me to the thread as I didn't find anything in a search of this forum. I'd seriously consider it as an option as I'm in the market. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenb View Post
    Someone tell me about the Riccione option, or point me to the thread as I didn't find anything in a search of this forum. I'd seriously consider it as an option as I'm in the market. Thanks.
    If I don't go for it I'll let you know - otherwise stand down please

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    I expected that the Royal Exchange Square shop would make it easier to view watches. When I contacted them about a watch they said I would have to pay a full deposit for the watch to be sent from their main office to London so I could view it. I declined.
    I would presume that you would not be locked in on this purchase should you not like the watch upon arrival? I.e. your deposit would be refunded?

If you are in a position to buy you are in a position to leave a deposit. Were you looking to seriously buy it or just "view" it, as you've stated twice? Did it ever occur to you that asking you to leave a deposit was a way to gauge your level of interest? I do not know how serious you are but you need to imagine how many people could make similar requests of them, and to fulfil your request would take time and money. It is a business, and no doubt you will say they are being shortsighted but a line needs to be drawn somewhere and they won't do it just for you to have a play. That said, I think a better middle ground could be found, say a refundable 20-50% deposit.

Quite true. Sadly disinterested staff exist in every industry, but their disinterest will not be assuaged by the sight of the 'customer' who is always there but never buys i.e. your stereotypical 'timewaster'. Sometimes it is as if prospective customers are as oblivious to the image they convey as the staff they complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Todays timewaster,tomorrows Lottery winner!
    The odds of that happening are approx. 1 in 14million. About the same odds as this thread being read with a huge pinch of salt.

Journeyman
    If I don't go for it I'll let you know - otherwise stand down please
    Ah, it's for a specific watch is it....I was just talking about it in general....don't want to step on any toes......I'll toddle off now and do my own research......

Quote Originally Posted by Dent99 View Post
    Quite true. Sadly disinterested staff exist in every industry, but their disinterest will not be assuaged by the sight of the 'customer' who is always there but never buys i.e. your stereotypical 'timewaster'. Sometimes it is as if prospective customers are as oblivious to the image they convey as the staff they complain about.
    What complete twaddle - the shop is open to people browsing all day, and that's what I and other customers (or potential customers) do. I've attempted to buy/deal with them about 3 times in the period mentioned, on each occasion looking at a high-value transaction. If you think it's fine that they don't even know my name and that they conduct themselves as described, I'm afraid that you're part of the problem.

I've attempted to buy/deal with them about 3 times in the period mentioned, on each occasion looking at a high-value transaction.
    Attempted, but didn't, seems to be the key here. Surely, after three times, that suggests that there is a difference between your expectations and their expectations. I'd have walked away long before attempt number 4 and gone somehwere that does meet my expectations (assuming such a place does exist).

Foggy

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    Attempted, but didn't, seems to be the key here. Surely, after three times, that suggests that there is a difference between your expectations and their expectations. I'd have walked away long before attempt number 4 and gone somehwere that does meet my expectations (assuming such a place does exist).

Foggy
    Well, my expectations certainly weren't met; on the first of the three occasions mentioned the watch I intended to buy had a fault, and on the second and third occasions the level of service was lacking. I have no idea what "expectations" WF have, nor do I consider that relevant - I've responded as I see fit, and taken my business elsewhere.

The odds of that happening are approx. 1 in 14million.
    Are we talking UK Lottery only or all versions worldwide?

What complete twaddle - the shop is open to people browsing all day, and that's what I and other customers (or potential customers) do. I've attempted to buy/deal with them about 3 times in the period mentioned, on each occasion looking at a high-value transaction. If you think it's fine that they don't even know my name and that they conduct themselves as described, I'm afraid that you're part of the problem.
    On the one hand you point out that a shop in central London that has much footfall is visited by many browsers, on the other hand you lament that they don't know your name. The fact that you keep reiterating this point is one of the things that bothers me about this whole thread.

I remember when I worked in a shop, I'll tell you I gave bloody good customer service, and was frequently complimented for it. But I'll be buggered if I could ever remember 99% of people's names! I'm extremely good with faces and details of transactions/items bought, but you've met one "Matt/John/Dave/Paul" you've met them all. The fact you keep banging on about the fact they don't know who you are as one of your pet peeves reads slightly self-absorbed but also tells me you have little grasp of some of the unfortunate realities of retail. You are one of thousands of faces, each as indistinct as the next. You want to talk about watches, or maybe buying something, so does everyone.

As for service at Watchfinder, from the sounds of it, it could and should be better, I am not arguing with you on that point, but as always in these closeted forums many believe that buying a watch from any place should be this way or that, and that those serving us should be as passionate as we are. The people who have given you blank disinterest are not a credit to the industry or their employer, but I am not the owner of watchfinder so don't have to give you a sugar coated PR answer. What I will say is this, you may well be known to them: if you pop buy as frequently as you say they likely recognise you as someone who never buys. They shouldn't be rude or discourteous to you because of it, but as dapper said, don't expect the red carpet. It's wrong of them to make assumptions (if they have done) but it happens in every industry. I have seen previous colleagues (in EVERY job) deliberately avoid those who are serial tyre-kickers, people who genuinely are there to waste time, and who keep coming back for more because good customer service demands you smile through gritted teeth. Don't be so surprised or upset about it.

Why not try dealing with a more enthused colleague at Watchfinde and actually spend some money? I imagine your whole outlook may be changed somewhat.

On the one hand you point out that a shop in central London that has much footfall is visited by many browsers, on the other hand you lament that they don't know your name. The fact that you keep reiterating this point is one of the things that bothers me about this whole thread.

I remember when I worked in a shop, I'll tell you I gave bloody good customer service, and was frequently complimented for it. But I'll be buggered if I could ever remember 99% of people's names! I'm extremely good with faces and details of transactions/items bought, but you've met one "Matt/John/Dave/Paul" you've met them all. The fact you keep banging on about the fact they don't know who you are as one of your pet peeves reads slightly self-absorbed but also tells me you have little grasp of some of the unfortunate realities of retail. You are one of thousands of faces, each as indistinct as the next. You want to talk about watches, or maybe buying something, so does everyone.

As for service at Watchfinder, from the sounds of it, it could and should be better, I am not arguing with you on that point, but as always in these closeted forums many believe that buying a watch from any place should be this way or that, and that those serving us should be as passionate as we are. The people who have given you blank disinterest are not a credit to the industry or their employer, but I am not the owner of watchfinder so don't have to give you a sugar coated PR answer. What I will say is this, you may well be known to them: if you pop buy as frequently as you say they likely recognise you as someone who never buys. They shouldn't be rude or discourteous to you because of it, but as dapper said, don't expect the red carpet. It's wrong of them to make assumptions (if they have done) but it happens in every industry. I have seen previous colleagues (in EVERY job) deliberately avoid those who are serial tyre-kickers, people who genuinely are there to waste time, and who keep coming back for more because good customer service demands you smile through gritted teeth. Don't be so surprised or upset about it.

Why not try dealing with a more enthused colleague at Watchfinde and actually spend some money? I imagine your whole outlook may be changed somewhat.
    I'm not sure why my comments about not knowing who I am should bother you. I speak as someone who managed a large retail store (with multiple £m's annual turnover) in a previous life and I say it not because I consider myself any more "important" than the next person. To put the comment more into perspective, I've made regular visits to the shop as a potential customer; I've tried to buy a watch three times without success; each transaction has been potentially high-value for WF; and at no time has anyone even bothered to take my details.

Now, you may think this is fine. but I don't. I'm not talking about supermarket shopping - WF sell luxury "lifestyle" items and the customer experience should (IMO, of course) reflect that. I don't believe that it does.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Don´t spend any more of your money with this retailer, problem solved.

Were you perhaps wearing a tie with a button down collar?
    ROFL!

If people don't like the experience vote with your feet and go elsewhere - it's their problem/loss. No point in debating/worrying about it on here.

I'm with Tony on this one. Anyone who reads Tony's posts will know what a flipper he is and how many watches come and go through his hands, which in my books is an ideal potential Watchfinder customer.

If I was working in any store I am fairly sure I would remember quite a few of the people who come in on several occasions. All it would take would be a bit of chit chat to get to know what they're interested in and whether he's a likely customer. Just because he hasn't bought yet doesn't mean he isn't likely to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    If people don't like the experience vote with your feet and go elsewhere - it's their problem/loss. No point in debating/worrying about it on here.
    On the contrary, I think there's a lot of point in discussing both good and bad experiences on here.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    I'm with Tony on this one. Anyone who reads Tony's posts will know what a flipper he is and how many watches come and go through his hands, which in my books is an ideal potential Watchfinder customer.

If I was working in any store I am fairly sure I would remember quite a few of the people who come in on several occasions. All it would take would be a bit of chit chat to get to know what they're interested in and whether he's a likely customer. Just because he hasn't bought yet doesn't mean he isn't likely to.
    Spot on.

I'm not sure why my comments about not knowing who I am should bother you. I speak as someone who managed a large retail store (with multiple £m's annual turnover) in a previous life and I say it not because I consider myself any more "important" than the next person. To put the comment more into perspective, I've made regular visits to the shop as a potential customer; I've tried to buy a watch three times without success; each transaction has been potentially high-value for WF; and at no time has anyone even bothered to take my details.

Now, you may think this is fine. but I don't. I'm not talking about supermarket shopping - WF sell luxury "lifestyle" items and the customer experience should (IMO, of course) reflect that. I don't believe that it does.
    It doesn't bother me in the "it will keep me up at night" sense, it bothers me in that it gets repeated emphasis when AMAZING service can be given without any names being exchanged, but you keep using it to slam WF when the focus should quite rightly be on the service received.

On the contrary, I think there's a lot of point in discussing both good and bad experiences on here.
    Disagree.

Fair enough reporting a good or bad experience but analysis of the whys and wherefores of what happened serves no purpose. It's not our business to change.

It doesn't bother me in the "it will keep me up at night" sense, it bothers me in that it gets repeated emphasis when AMAZING service can be given without any names being exchanged, but you keep using it to slam WF when the focus should quite rightly be on the service received.
    Point completely missed, yet again, but never mind.

Master
    .....they don't even know my name........
    After all those non-buying visits & three failed attempts to deal they'll most definitely have a name for you

Rather than being a "band wagon jumper", I think it's important to point out on a public forum when, as a potential customer with money in hand , I receive good or bad service. In the instance of WF's Royal Exchange store I found the staff to be rather disinterested and not very polite. In the case of Duggan's I found them to be rude and unprofessional. If other members have had a different experience with both outfits ,then please I encourage you to share your experiences. I can only speak from a personal perspective, based on my own experience- when I had cash in hand and a particular watch in mind.