closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fantastic ride yesterday / new road discovered.

Fantastic ride yesterday / new road discovered.

Went for a great blast on the Gixxer yesterday with 2 friends - 1 on a GSXR 1000 and the other on a Ducati 848 Evo. We went from Midhurst to Winchester on the fast sweeping A272 and enjoyed a coffee in the sun at Maison Blanc. Then we headed back to Petersfield and out to South Harting where we picked up the utterly brilliant B2141 Chilgrove Road to East Lavant. I can't believe I've never been on this road before. It starts with a twisty uphill section before opening out into several miles of really fast, well sighted sweepers. We then went via the brilliant A285 Duncton Hill Road towards Petworth, but diverted off, through Fittleworth and Pulborough, up Bury Hill for a well earned portion of cheesy chips at Whiteways cafe, before the final leg home.

I was still buzzing for hours after.

Off out in a minute to do the B2141 again.
    Last edited by andy tims; 19th April 2014 at 09:16.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    The 2146 down to top of Chichester is pretty good as well andy.

Master
    Yes, I've done several of those roads in assorted vehicles - do be careful if they've got a motorsports event on at the time at Goodwood because the area's going to be crawling with radar guns!

I set off from Winchester to Petersfield last Monday at six PM, overtook three cars right at the Winchester end and didn't come across another car going my way until just outside Petersfield at Langrish (where the police like to catch people in the 30mph zone) and the two-car crash with police, ambulance etc in attendance.

There are some lovely roads in this part of the world.
    "A man of little significance"

Mmmmmm. Cheesy chips.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post

Off out in a minute to do the B2141 again.
    Another good ride today at a slightly reduced pace as I was with my lad on his Yamaha FZ6 & had to slow down & wait for him a few times. I did have a scare at one point though when a Deer leapt out if some woods & across the road a way in front of me. They always say look for the 2nd, but there were actually 3 & I really had to scrub off speed fast to miss the last one.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post
    Yes, I've done several of those roads in assorted vehicles - do be careful if they've got a motorsports event on at the time at Goodwood because the area's going to be crawling with radar guns!
    Oddly enough cousin and I always used that road to get away from the Friday (when it was the cheapskate day and not overwhelmed-with-gormless-drunks day) session at both the Festival of Speed and the Revival. The road was always very quiet, though sometimes the police directing traffic at Goodwood would block you and try to send you down to the already jammed A27 for reasons I could never fathom outside of bloody-mindedness.

Lovely drive Andy, although said cousin tended to scare me in his Elise (later more laid back in his SLK).
    G

Master
    Aah, I used to go to school right on the A272 between Petersfield and Winchester. I miss Hampshire.