closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IWC Ingenieur leather strap

IWC Ingenieur leather strap

Help needed,

Would anybody know where to find nice straps for an Ingenieur 3239.

Does not need to be OEM, as I imagine these are priced quite steeply....

I was thinking of a nice matt Gator....

Master
    I'm always a bit bemused by the idea of taking something that is fundamentally designed as an integrated bracelet watch, with no lugs, and trying to find a way to attach leather to it - it never looks right to me, for instance on AP off shores, I feel Genta would be rolling in his grave. Nonetheless, if that's what you want, good luck with your search!

I had a couple of Jacob's straps on my 3227; a nice change from the bracelet.

The OEM Kevlar is also worth considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I'm always a bit bemused by the idea of taking something that is fundamentally designed as an integrated bracelet watch, with no lugs, and trying to find a way to attach leather to it - it never looks right to me, for instance on AP off shores, I feel Genta would be rolling in his grave. Nonetheless, if that's what you want, good luck with your search!
    You make it sound like there is no original leather or rubber option to it, which is not true.

The 3239 is the only Inge in the actual range of IWC having a bracelet. It is the only one in a reasonable size also!

I think that Gentas do not look that bad with leather or Rubber. You are mentioning Royal Oak Off Shores (not designed by Genta by the way nor was the modern Inge, only the regular RO was alongside the Inge SL) which is what it is, but have you tried one on bracelet, it is ridiculous.
    They only make sense on rubber or leather....

Now putting a Sub on leather is something completely different....;-)
    Last edited by pacchi; 17th April 2014 at 12:51.

Quote Originally Posted by mattcantwin View Post

I fully agree! Would you reckon that these would fit a 3239. It has been a while since I sold my 3227, but I have a feeling they would...

I've got a 3239 too and am currently looking around at strap options. I'll send Jacob an email and let you know what I hear back. BTW - what a cracking watch!

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I've got a 3239 too and am currently looking around at strap options. I'll send Jacob an email and let you know what I hear back. BTW - what a cracking watch!
    Thank you Rasputin, much appreciated. His site is all in Spanish. My Spanish is limited to: Yo no hablo Espanol, donde esta la playa and una cerveza (mas) por favor....

Just called up my AD to have a quote on the OEM Rubber. It is an eye watering €370 €with a simple buckle...:-(

Jacob's on his holidays at the moment. Gets back on the 21st so should expect to hear from him after that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pacchi View Post
    You make it sound like there is no original leather or rubber option to it, which is not true.

The 3239 is the only Inge in the actual range of IWC having a bracelet. It is the only one in a reasonable size also!

I think that Gentas do not look that bad with leather or Rubber. You are mentioning Royal Oak Off Shores (not designed by Genta by the way nor was the modern Inge, only the regular RO was alongside the Inge SL) which is what it is, but have you tried one on bracelet, it is ridiculous.
    They only make sense on rubber or leather....

Now putting a Sub on leather is something completely different....;-)
    I was thinking more of the original Ingys and Royal Oaks that were genuinely Genta, that's true - I think the ROO would have him spinning in his grave in more ways than one. But the 3239 is marketed as being closer to the Genta roots and I'm sure that's why it only has a bracelet. For me the bracelet is one of the best bits - but each to his own of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I was thinking more of the original Ingys and Royal Oaks that were genuinely Genta, that's true - I think the ROO would have him spinning in his grave in more ways than one. But the 3239 is marketed as being closer to the Genta roots and I'm sure that's why it only has a bracelet. For me the bracelet is one of the best bits - but each to his own of course!
    I fully agree with you, but wanted to have a certain versatility....and since the bracelet is so well made and easy to change.....why not!

I'd be very keen to hear how you get on too! I have just bought the OEM strap for my 3234 but would like one of those grey croc straps as an alternative. When the time comes I was thinking of mailing the worn out strap to aid sizing and construction....

Just an update - I've ordered the strap from Jacob. I sent him a few photo's of the bracelet with a measuring tape. He quickly got back to me with the following measurements that I confirmed (I've a puny 6.5" wrist) and I put the order in. I've ordered the black croc with black stitching as per post #4

Model = IWC Ingenieur 40mm (IWC3239)
    Skin =Black Alligator
    Stitching =Black
    Length A = 115m
    Length B = 75m
    Width C = 14m, Depth = 3m
    Width D = 18m
    Width E = 25m
    Holes = 2 m
    Buckle Clásico = 18m brushed

All in it was 165 Euro with express delivery. I'll post some photos when I receive it.

-Strap INGY Alligator = 130€
    -Buckle Clásico = 6€
    -Sent by EXPRESS = 29€
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rasputin; 23rd April 2014 at 07:41.

Thank you Rasputin.....I look forward to your feedback.

What do they call the Ingy buckle. A folding one? similar to IWC's

Hmmm...

After being given an estimate of 4-6 weeks I'm now in my eighth week of waiting. I nudged Jacob for a progress report eight days ago and was told a picture would be sent within a week. Well, no photo's and no strap have arrived as of yet. To be honest I'm disappointed - especially as I wanted it for Fathers day and paid 28 Euro for express shipping.

I think I might try and cancel tomorrow.

Has anyone got any other experiences with Jacob? Have I just been unlucky?

Master
    Hmmm...

After being given an estimate of 4-6 weeks I'm now in my eighth week of waiting. I nudged Jacob for a progress report eight days ago and was told a picture would be sent within a week. Well, no photo's and no strap have arrived as of yet. To be honest I'm disappointed - especially as I wanted it for Fathers day and paid 28 Euro for express shipping.

I think I might try and cancel tomorrow.

Has anyone got any other experiences with Jacob? Have I just been unlucky?
    Interesting. I have an order in progress at the moment so I am hoping that your delay is due to him being a little busier than usual.

Ordering was straightforward enough, by way of a few emails back and forth. It felt easier to achieve (I hope!) exactly what I wanted, whereas APB, Faber Cutis and other other French one had web ordering forms that all lacked some element of control in one way or another. Not to mention being considerably more expensive.

Fingers crossed for both our straps...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Did the strap arrive? Would love to see some photos, and as an aside does anyone know if there are any other options for buying a strap for the 3234?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jrpippen View Post
    Did the strap arrive? Would love to see some photos, and as an aside does anyone know if there are any other options for buying a strap for the 3234?
    Mine did, about 2 or 3 weeks after the suggested delivery date. My strap was also for an IWC, albeit a much simpler affair than that needed for a 3234. I was slightly disappointed in the strap. This was partly because of the colour (azul, a dark blue), and therefore my own fault to some extent. During the waiting period I did consider asking him to change it; in retrospect I should have. Why to some extent and not entirely? Because the colour I received was not quite what I expected from the images he sent. However, I suspect the more traditional colours are a safer bet. The other reason for my disappointment was that the stitching, while good, is not perfect, and with a contrasting stitch material it’s something that caught my eye a little bit.

I suspect I just got a little unlucky, as reviews on watch forums seem to be very positive. I also suspect that wider, more bulky straps may be easier to work with than my 18 / 16 mm job.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Cheers for this.

IWC Ingenieur leather strap

Bumping this thread as Im searching fpr Jacob..

What thickness did you order your gator bracelet in?

Quote Originally Posted by mattcantwin View Post