closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newly Arrived : Dornbluth 99.1

Newly Arrived : Dornbluth 99.1

After 9 month's waiting my Dornbluth has finally arrived just in time for my birthday. To say I'm delighted with it is an understatement and I'm truly won over by the workmanship put into this. The model I opted for was the 99.1 with the optional heat blued appliques.

Throughout the process Dirk and his team were a pleasure to deal with, including the Christmas card sent to me which kind of gave the game away to SWMBO (I was hoping to sneak it in somehow !).

I've included some pics, unfortunately I'm not a photographer so my pics are crap basically but I hope they give a flavour of just how nice this piece is.

The build process ( pictures supplied by Dirk Dornbluth)

A few pics of my own

Size comparison with a Sub ND

Last edited by zippy; 2nd June 2014 at 17:19.

One word wow. I'm lucky enough to have tried one of these on in the flesh, they are an outstanding time piece. Enjoy ...thanks for posting

Master

Cool

Ding dong!

Absolutely fantastic, well done that man!

Craftsman

A very very nice watch !
    Congratulations !
    Once I had a similar (lookalike)watch from Stowa, but this is really first class !!!

Master
    That's a beauty!
    Congrats!
    Great pictures also!

Journeyman
    Like it a lot..
    Congrat

You lucky, lucky man.

Blog Entries
    Yum... That's edible!!! Truly stunning!

Craftsman
    Looks beautiful, I have another 6 months or so wait for mine to arrive, I have ordered exactly the same specification as you too.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well done sir. Your incoming fits the wrist much better than mine ever did. After a six month wait, and truly great service from Dirk, I got rid of my 99.1 not long after receiving it. The flat caseback never sat right on me.

Beautiful! Congratulations.

I am wearing my Regulator today and Dirk's work never ceases to put a smile on my face.

Craftsman
    Lovely piece! Thought about getting one of these a few times but with gold numerals instead!:D

Nice spec
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Journeyman
    Very nice, congrats!

stunning watch , miss the one I stupidly sold a few yrs back

Master
    I've now gone in another direction, but it has to be said even the simple process/experience of requesting a brochure was one of /the most personal and professional experience of any watchmaker.

Lovely and special timepiece, looks amazing.

Great choice and well worth the wait. Welcome to the Dornbluth owners club from a fellow owner

Excellent watch.

Hopefully Dirk can now focus on getting my 99.4 built now ;) another Month or two to go at least!

I think that watch doesn't suit you at all, you should send it to me instead. I'm sure it would look just great on me.

worth a shot?

Haha...that is a beautiful watch sir and I applaud your, clearly excellent, taste.

Great thread. And great watch of course. Congratulations.

Master
    A beautiful watch, worth waiting for.

I very much like the blue hands and numbers - Nice choice.

M.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Journeyman
    In my opinion, watch perfection.

Blog Entries
    One of my favorite brands,perfection congrats!

Beautiful watch and it must be a pleasure to get what you ordered and see how it was made.

This is one of the reasons I joined this forum - I would never have learnt about such pieces without this place.

Wear in good health

Craftsman
    Love it! I've hummed and hawed about ordering one, but not sure I could stand the long wait between ordering and delivery.

Lovely watch also in the flesh. In the end I was happy I managed to try one on before I considered ordering one - sadly it never sat comfortably on my wrists.

Looks good but just a tad large for me to wear. A shame because the piece is really lovely.

Master
    The Dornbluth dials are absolutely stunning,congrats on a very special watch.

Journeyman
    Beautiful watch........

Lovely to see what went into the building process as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post

Size comparison with a Sub ND

I'd be interested to know how it wears compared to the Sub - I'm thinking about a Dornbluth, but I don't know whether to go for a 42mm or a 38.5 Klassik. I'm wearing a SubC as I type this, but it's about as big a watch as I'd want to wear on a day to day basis. The 99's look as if they might be a bit big for me. Ideally, I'd like to try one, but I've never seen one in the flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk View Post
    I'd be interested to know how it wears compared to the Sub - I'm thinking about a Dornbluth, but I don't know whether to go for a 42mm or a 38.5 Klassik. I'm wearing a SubC as I type this, but it's about as big a watch as I'd want to wear on a day to day basis. The 99's look as if they might be a bit big for me. Ideally, I'd like to try one, but I've never seen one in the flesh.
    I bought a 99.1 but found the 42mm too large for my 6.75" wrist. I sold it and bought a 38mm which is absolutely perfect.

Lovely!! More and more tempted to pull the trigger every time I see one!

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk View Post
    On my 7.25" wrist - 99.1's do wear a bit large.

Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I love the idea of the whole Dornbluth experience - they obviously make you feel very much part of the process. Great watch.

Thank's for the comment's, it really is a lovely watch and considering Dirk only makes around 300-400 watches a year, it makes it that little bit more special.

With regard's to size, Skyman summed it up .The flat caseback which given it's 42mm size, may not fit a wrist smaller than 7-7 1/4. The Rolex sub get's away with it to an extent, as it has a smaller but raised caseback meaning it will fit a smaller wrist size.

Just to add, I've Pm'd a few folk on this forum regarding Dornbluth, so thank you for your view's and advice which helped me finally decide to go ahead with the order and also the configuration I chose.
    Last edited by zippy; 18th April 2014 at 03:04.

Craftsman
    Stunning watch classic

Absolutely stunning, congrats

Craftsman
    Amazing watches, amazing pics, great choice. I had been saving for one but sales corner keeps messing up my plans.

Not a rolls watch

OMG truly wonderful

Craftsman
    Watch looks ace, congrats! Just out of asking, what was the lead timeon the watch, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
    Watch looks ace, congrats! Just out of asking, what was the lead timeon the watch, please?
    The lead time from ordering to delivery was 9 months, although I think that's up to 11-12 months now. Well worth the wait though

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
    I ordered mine in November last year and was told it should be ready this October.

I ordered mine around late June 13 and was told that I could expect it in April/May. I haven't heard a thing since a few months ago to confirm engraving options.

Having owned a Dornbluth in the past, you've made a great choice and the customer service is one of the best too.

Master
    I'm sorry if this is rude, but I keep coming back to this thread - and then straight to the Dornbluth website!!

Could some one please tell me what these things cost?? Ball park will be fine, and I'm happy with a PM.

I well and truly have the bug for one of these.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Piemuncher22 View Post
    I'm sorry if this is rude, but I keep coming back to this thread - and then straight to the Dornbluth website!!

Could some one please tell me what these things cost?? Ball park will be fine, and I'm happy with a PM.

I well and truly have the bug for one of these.

http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/dornbluethwatches.asp

Master
    That's really special, especially seeing the photo of your actual watch being born and built!

I havent really heard of Dornbluth, or at least the brand hadnt entered into my consciousness until this thread.

Please may I ask how much the watch cost (I dont think it's an unreasonable question before the TZUK Stazi start!!)?

In any case, this watch is the definition of a "keeper" - a word that is banded around far too easily in these parts. I hope, and expect that this watch will stay in the zippy family for many generations, and once we're all gone there will be some futuristic watch forum discussing your watch as an antiquity - sounds daft, but it will happen one day!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful & special experience with us!

And, of course, congratulations to you! May you wear this watch for many, many years in good health and high spirits!
    Last edited by ach5; 21st April 2014 at 00:38.

Craftsman
    That is just stunning, and the slight tint of blue against the crisp, perfect dial makes the whole watch for me. Congratulations on a seriously beautiful piece.

Master
    I've seen only one in the flesh. Actually, in gold flesh, and it seemed quite big.