closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: BIG CUT - Rolex Explorer II 42mm why it wil not sell

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Just googled 'jack boot wearer' and I'm non the wiser. I'm guessing it's an insult?
    Jackboots? I think it's a Godwin's moment for this thread

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just googled 'jack boot wearer' and I'm non the wiser. I'm guessing it's an insult?

Think WWll and hostility from across the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarkid View Post
    Eh? You've lost me there.
    I don't really see the point of the original post either. I've seen not very sought after watches being offered for more second hand than you can get them new from the likes of creation or iconic, but what's it got to do with me? Just move on.

It's in reference to a past member that made posts along the same lines.

I'm off to bed!

Quote Originally Posted by jegger View Post
    It's in reference to a past member that made posts along the same lines.
    Past member? Is that a recent change of status or am I thinking of someone else?

Master
    I don't see what the fuss about a slow moving piece is?!

My Milgauss took almost 5 months to shift.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...gauss+discount

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mylofitz View Post
    The OP appears to be a gent with a woman's name, based in Manchester, making inappropriate posts. Distinct feeling of deja vu.
    Haha EVERY time something reminds me of that particular member, I love to think of the thread where (s)he posted a photo of him/herself, and at least one member sent kisses and said was sexy lol "epic fail" as the kids would say.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Haha EVERY time something reminds me of that particular member, I love to think of the thread where (s)he posted a photo of him/herself, and at least one member sent kisses and said was sexy lol "epic fail" as the kids would say.
    Agreed - one of TZ's finer moments for sure. (I do remember who it was, but I'm not saying...)

Anyway, OP - the least you could do is change the title of the thread (which as it stands is effing scandalous IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    someone is advertising the above watch in the SC

he is complaining about a slow market because the watch will not sell

I have recently purchased two watches from the SC and others I have been interested in have sold before I managed to put an offer in

the price of a product is based on supply and demand and the motive is price

in other words the market is not really that slow could it be that the price is to high

you have to follow market conditions if the watch will not sell reduce the price . if you cannot get the price you want withdraw the item but do not blame the market and put off other potential sellers thinking the market is c--p

I've never been a fan of the Exp2 and they've never been as popular as the Subs,Gmts of this world and that's why they're priced accordingly. With dealers knocking them out at around £3500 used and £3900 BNIB it tells you all you need to know about not only their resale value but more importantly their popularity in the line up.

http://www.chrono24.com/en/search/in...GB&SETCURR=GBP

Quote Originally Posted by 12manywatches View Post
    I've never been a fan of the Exp2 and they've never been as popular as the Subs,Gmts of this world and that's why they're priced accordingly. With dealers knocking them out at around £3500 used and £3900 BNIB it tells you all you need to know about not only their resale value but more importantly their popularity in the line up.

http://www.chrono24.com/en/search/in...GB&SETCURR=GBP
    I think that's the "problem". The EXPII has always been perceived as the black sheep of the Rolex sports models - I'm not really sure why to be honest. I like them, and always have. To all intents and purposes I consider them to be GMT Master II's with a metal bezel (I know some will disagree!).

It is amazing that recent and new 42mm models are being sold so low from dealers - a veritable bargain in Rolex terms.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    It is amazing that recent and new 42mm models are being sold so low from dealers - a veritable bargain in Rolex terms.
    All well and good if you're prepared to buy from a European seller..... But there are no UK dealers selling at those prices..

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    All well and good if you're prepared to buy from a European seller..... But there are no UK dealers selling at those prices..
    Just had a look at blowers and used they're £4750-4950 but Iconic are offering new ones at £4550, that can't be right surely?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    I think that's the "problem". The EXPII has always been perceived as the black sheep of the Rolex sports models - I'm not really sure why to be honest. I like them, and always have. To all intents and purposes I consider them to be GMT Master II's with a metal bezel (I know some will disagree!).

Yes,they are a bargain in Rolex sports terms most definitely and as long as one purchases with their head first,heart second,they'll be no tears shed when the time comes to move it on.

Just had a look at blowers and used they're £4750-4950 but Iconic are offering new ones at £4550, that can't be right surely?
    Iconic is delayed delivery (approximately seven days), so I would imagine Blowers, etc, get business if people aren't willing to wait.

There was a thread about a new one on a German watch forum (stickers still in place and unworn) and with the new Euro prices what they are, the asking price of £3,950 now makes a lot of sense.

What I like about the explorer range is exactly the fact that they're not as popular and ubiquitous as the sub etc. As for the 42mm model with orange hand, I hope they stop making it as soon as possible, so it becomes a bit of an oddity. The less of them I see the more I like them.

As for the price of this one, why would you compare it to the price of a bunch of sellers on C24 from china, Italy and the like? This one is in the tz-UK SC, in the UK, right now. No comparison.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    What I like about the explorer range is exactly the fact that they're not as popular and ubiquitous as the sub etc. As for the 42mm model with orange hand, I hope they stop making it as soon as possible, so it becomes a bit of an oddity. The less of them I see the more I like them.

As for the price of this one, why would you compare it to the price of a bunch of sellers on C24 from china, Italy and the like? This one is in the tz-UK SC, in the UK, right now. No comparison.

why are we not aloud to make a remark regarding the sale of watch which is a negative comment

however we can say how much we like a watch for sale and how much they are likely to go up in value especially if we already have a similar model

perhaps we need to protect some of our new members in over paying for watches influenced by comments made by others

Grand Master
    why are we not aloud to make a remark regarding the sale of watch which is a negative comment
    It's a question of etiquette. If you don`t get it there's no point trying to explain. It's the way things are done around here and long may it remain so.

Paul

While I don't agree with the OP referencing a specific SC post I do think he's got a point. I sold a 2010 Rolex Ceramic Sub 11610LN for £4000 on SC at the start of December. It sold to a great buyer within 24 hours. Since then I've seen plenty hanging around at £4500+. SC isn't "slow" at all. Price it to sell, and it will sell.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AM94 View Post
    There was a thread about a new one on a German watch forum (stickers still in place and unworn) and with the new Euro prices what they are, the asking price of £3,950 now makes a lot of sense.
    That was a white dialled version I believe which apparently is even more marmite.

Why the Exp II 42mm in either colour is not as popular as Subs etc, I don't know, but I do know that there are plenty or modern Rolex in shop windows regardless of model.

Journeyman
    Exp1, Exp2 ja Milgauss are probably least popular steel watches in Rolex Professional series aka sport watches. But I do think they are still more popular than most Oyster collection watches like DJ2, Air king, OP, date and maybe even day-date.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Qristian View Post
    Exp1, Exp2 ja Milgauss are probably least popular steel watches in Rolex Professional series aka sport watches. But I do think they are still more popular than most Oyster collection watches like DJ2, Air king, OP, date and maybe even day-date.
    They are more popular on internet forums, certainly. The actual biggest-selling Rolex is the Datejust, in one of its many dial colours, metals and sizes. I don't think I've ever seen an Explorer II in the wild, although I have seen plenty of Air-Kings, and the Explorer I is also not uncommon. I guess it depends where you hang out!
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Craftsman

however we can say how much we like a watch for sale and how much they are likely to go up in value especially if we already have a similar model

perhaps we need to protect some of our new members in over paying for watches influenced by comments made by others
    Imagine you were the seller and some clown posted a thread like yours to undermine your attempted sale..........get it yet?

Master
    I had a GMT IIc (bought new from an AD) but I sold it to buy a Polar Explorer II 42mm (again new, from the same AD).

I definitely prefer the sporty ruggedness of the Explorer over the "posernes" of the GMT IIc

Master
    I'm sorry I have caused so much offence with my post but it was not my intention to cause such an uproar just my take on the market
    These bloody mancunians eh! :-D

I reckon it's likely the OP made an offer, most likely a low ball, and got turned down. Why else would you get so annoyed about something that's nothing to do with you?

Well, it sold a few days ago.

I didn't comment previously on this thread although it was staring me in the face for the week or so it was active as it didn't really bother me. I appreciate those who effectively spoke up in my defence though. I personally don't comment negatively on other people's Sales threads (although it's very tempting at times) and appreciate the same courtesy extended to me.

I have never agreed with the 'if it's not selling, it's too expensive' line - a meaningless catch-all term that ignores the context of timing, luck and the microcosm of the watch buying and selling world that we have on TZ Sales Corner. It's not going to be a given that at any one time you want to sell a watch - especially one that costs multiple thousands - that someone on here (eligible to use SC in the first place) is going to be in a position to snap it up straight away. It is folly to believe otherwise. Numerous times I have sold a watch too cheap when there was barely one buyer only to see numerous WTB come up for the same watch weeks later or another one go up on SC significantly more expensive and sell soon after. Timing, timing, timing and a bit of luck.

I stuck to my guns and got the price I wanted and I still believe it was pretty cheap even at that level.

As long as you're realistic in your pricing and can afford to be patient, you will achieve the sale you want.

Anyone else's opinions are worth what you pay for them.
    Last edited by scarto; 3rd May 2014 at 22:00.

Well said!

- - - Updated - - -

Well said!
    Last edited by Kakadu; 3rd May 2014 at 22:09. Reason: how the double post happened - who knows

Master
    Blog Entries
    Glad it sold mate!!!

It was a bargain and I would have taken it had I been in blighty!

Bizarre thread!

ot whats the weather like today in Tierra del fuego?

Quote Originally Posted by scarto View Post
    Well, it sold a few days ago.

I didn't comment previously on this thread although it was staring me in the face for the week or so it was active as it didn't really bother me. I appreciate those who effectively spoke up in my defence though. I personally don't comment negatively on other people's Sales threads (although it's very tempting at times) and appreciate the same courtesy extended to me.

I have never agreed with the 'if it's not selling, it's too expensive' line - a meaningless catch-all term that ignores the context of timing, luck and the microcosm of the watch buying and selling world that we have on TZ Sales Corner. It's not going to be a given that at any one time you want to sell a watch - especially one that costs multiple thousands - that someone on here (eligible to use SC in the first place) is going to be in a position to snap it up straight away. It is folly to believe otherwise. Numerous times I have sold a watch too cheap when there was barely one buyer only to see numerous WTB come up for the same watch weeks later or another one go up on SC significantly more expensive and sell soon after. Timing, timing, timing and a bit of luck.

I stuck to my guns and got the price I wanted and I still believe it was pretty cheap even at that level.

As long as you're realistic in your pricing and can afford to be patient, you will achieve the sale you want.

Anyone else's opinions are worth what you pay for them.
    Well said indeed. Anyone can sell on SC quickly if they are desperate enough. More fool them I say. I have sold more watches here than I care to remember, however TZ-SC has proved to me that its market place is very finite and patience is its virtue.
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

£1400 for a bnib smpc?

Wow!! Just wow!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    £1400 for a bnib smpc?

Wow!! Just wow!!
    Lowballer outed?

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    Lowballer outed?
    All I'm saying is, he obviously feels tzuk prices are outrageous!!

Grand Master
    Lowballer outed?
    It's in the spirit of the forum!
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    It's in the spirit of the forum!
    The OP is online. I'm sure he will comment, as he's shown previously, he's not frightened by controversy.

Grand Master
    We all like a bargain, but to offer £1400 for this watch is simply an insult.

Paul

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    We all like a bargain, but to offer £1400 for this watch is simply an insult.

Paul
    What do you think would a reasonable offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    What do you think would a reasonable offer?
    What do you think?

Banned
    What do you think?
    I think people want and expect to buy cheap from SC these days, even with that in mind the offer was too low, but the asking price was not tempting enough to sell in double quick time.

I think people want and expect to buy cheap from SC these days, even with that in mind the offer was too low, but the asking price was not tempting enough to sell in double quick time.
    Come off it Paul.

You normally re list yours 3 times and they don't sell.

Have you actually sold a watch here?

30% off retail is a good deal.

Banned
    Come off it Paul.

You normally re list yours 3 times and they don't sell.

Have you actually sold a watch here?

30% off retail is a good deal.
    I've sold quite a few, but I have two for sale on ebay right now as SC is not what it was imo.

30% is good, but anyone checking chrono24 will know that 30% is not good enough, even for new.

I've sold quite a few, but I have two for sale on ebay right now as SC is not what it was imo.

30% is good, but anyone checking chrono24 will know that 30% is not good enough, even for new.
    Show me a bnib in the uk cheaper.

If you do I will stick £50 in the fundraiser.

If you can't, will you put £50 in?
    Last edited by alexaff; 6th September 2014 at 00:02.

Banned
    Show me a bnib in the uk cheaper.

If you do I will stick £50 in the fundraiser.
    Sadly regardless if we like it or not, the ability to source just about any product via the web is only a few clicks away and only a day away via Fedex, so buying from London or somewhere in Europe makes little difference when there are genuine savings to be had.

Sadly regardless if we like it or not, the ability to source just about any product via the web is only a few clicks away and only a day away via Fedex, so buying from London or somewhere in Europe makes little difference when there are genuine savings to be had.
    Ok. Prove it. Show me a bnib smp ceramic in the uk for less.

Is that where you buy your bnib watches from? Europe from an unknown seller?

Banned
    Ok. Prove it. Show me a bnib smp ceramic in the uk for less.

Is that where you buy your bnib watches from? Europe from an unknown seller?
    I never said anything about getting the watch from the UK, a search on chrono24 will bring up the results, I've bought several times from trusted sellers without any problems and I would happily do so again if the savings were good enough.

I never said anything about getting the watch from the UK, a search on chrono24 will bring up the results, I've bought several times from trusted sellers without any problems and I would happily do so again if the savings were good enough.
    Ok, show me a European seller selling a bnib for less.

Banned
    Ok, show me a European seller selling a bnib for less.

I like you Alex and have no wish to fall out with you, but the truth is out there if you look for it.

I like you Alex and have no wish to fall out with you, but the truth is out there if you look for it.
    Fair enough Paul.

I suppose if we all buy from abroad we can grab a bargain.

To be honest I thought I was giving someone a deal especially saying I would accept offers.

Anyway, I like you too and pointless argueing over a fart in the air.

Banned
    Lowballer outed?
    Off with his head!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    Off with his head!!!

Be careful, it'll be fanboys next
    Last edited by burnsey66; 6th September 2014 at 08:23.

Journeyman

omega

£1400 for a bnib smpc?

Wow!! Just wow!!
    it was not meant to be an insulting offer but one I feel reflects the value of the watch on the second hand market

in the last few months I bought two watches from the sc both at less than 50 per cent of the market price

I have sold watches at that sort of the level

if you cannot take the hit don't sell the watch the choice is yours

but please do not moan when someone makes an offer you feel is to low