timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: BIG CUT - Rolex Explorer II 42mm why it wil not sell

Journeyman

FS: BIG CUT - Rolex Explorer II 42mm why it wil not sell

someone is advertising the above watch in the SC

he is complaining about a slow market because the watch will not sell

I have recently purchased two watches from the SC and others I have been interested in have sold before I managed to put an offer in

the price of a product is based on supply and demand and the motive is price

in other words the market is not really that slow could it be that the price is to high

you have to follow market conditions if the watch will not sell reduce the price . if you cannot get the price you want withdraw the item but do not blame the market and put off other potential sellers thinking the market is c--p

Master

If I were the seller from the SC thread I wouldn't be too impressed with this. There's no need to interfere with other's sales threads - directly or I directly.

Master
    Could it not be that SC is a very small market and that not all have the capability to drop 4k on a watch.
    A short sighted and dimwitted post by the OP.

Perhaps one for the bear pit rather than WT?

Why get involved with something that doesn't concern you. Unless your trying to angle a cheaper price for yourself.

You mean if it was like £3000 you'd buy it ?

Personally I think it is priced very reasonably and the sellers comment that SC is slow at the moment is valid.

A dumb post OP but at least you avoided saying it on the sales post...

It was my understanding that people with a post count of 77 could not access SC. Is that not correct?

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    You mean if it was like £3000 you'd buy it ?

Personally I think it is priced very reasonably and the sellers comment that SC is slow at the moment is valid.

A dumb post OP but at least you avoided saying it on the sales post...

The only reason I think he chose to post here rather than in the sales post is because he doesn't yet have permission to post in SC

A very strange post from the OP and cannot really understand the logic behind it.

If you are angling for a cheaper price, private message the seller and discuss a deal there, leave him you max bid and if its a no then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by triumph coupe View Post
    It was my understanding that people with a post count of 77 could not access SC. Is that not correct?
    Think they can view (at 50 posts) but not post there.

They can view but not post.

An item, any item is only worth what someone is willing to pay. I bought a very well priced JLC last week, it went up and was sold in a number of hours. There have been many items i've seen on SC, liked the look of but not the price...so I move along to the next thing.

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    someone is advertising the above watch in the SC

he is complaining about a slow market because the watch will not sell

I have recently purchased two watches from the SC and others I have been interested in have sold before I managed to put an offer in

the price of a product is based on supply and demand and the motive is price

in other words the market is not really that slow could it be that the price is to high

you have to follow market conditions if the watch will not sell reduce the price . if you cannot get the price you want withdraw the item but do not blame the market and put off other potential sellers thinking the market is c--p
    Thanks for advising everyone. No one would have been able to work that out for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post
    Could it not be that SC is a very small market and that not all have the capability to drop 4k on a watch.
    +1
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    OP is out of order....simple as that..

Quote Originally Posted by catflap View Post
    Think they can view (at 50 posts) but not post there.
    Ah, my mistake.

I don't thank that there is any good reason to start a debate about the pricing of a piece on SC unless it is your own item.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post

I'd go further, an impertinent, misplaced, rude post by the OP imo. Never trash anyone's sales post directly or indirectly. PM offers or anything constructive to the seller, or simply stay out of it.

I sold a supposedly less desired white dial model on SC a few months ago for more than this, so the price is good imo but the SC market is slow and has been for a while.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    An item, any item, is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
    This ^^

Ah, my mistake.

I don't thank that there is any good reason to start a debate about the pricing of a piece on SC unless it is your own item.
    Absolutely. Although the black seems a
    title more popular, I have lots of black dial watches. I've owned the white dial version, and if I was buying I think around £4k for one in that condition would be a good/fair buy - it's certainly not in the same league as some of the prices buying asked, so I don't understand why it's singled out as an example. Surely a non-personal post about where you can buy all these cheap ExpII's, so those of us who like them, can buy them up (although I'm saving mortgage money at present) would have been much more useful - although I just haven't seen all these cheap, great condition ExpII's!

Ignorant post.
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

Journeyman

Rolex

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    title more popular, I have lots of black dial watches. I've owned the white dial version, and if I was buying I think around £4k for one in that condition would be a good/fair buy - it's certainly not in the same league as some of the prices buying asked, so I don't understand why it's singled out as an example. Surely a non-personal post about where you can buy all these cheap ExpII's, so those of us who like them, can buy them up (although I'm saving mortgage money at present) would have been much more useful - although I just haven't seen all these cheap, great condition ExpII's!

I'm sorry I have caused so much offence with my post but it was not my intention to cause such an uproar just my take on the market

The OP has been a member for 18 months and should know better. The post is rude and pointless. I will be generous to the OP and suggest they have merely mis-judged how things are done around here.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 14th April 2014 at 12:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I much prefer the white-dialled Exp II 42mm version but there never seems to be one when I'm ready to buy!

Master
    No doubt everyone is looking forward to the OP's next sales post. I'm sure it will attract a lot of comments!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    No doubt everyone is looking forward to the OP's next sales post. I'm sure it will attract a lot of comments!
    what does op mean

Master
    Original Poster

Try Google next time. First hit will tell you. "Original Poster", so the one who started the thread. In this case you.

Craftsman
    he says he has had many offers under 4k so that's the price it seems :-[)

if the sellers wants 4k then things take longer to move or sell on ebay.

I have stated this before that Rolex need to be well under market value to sell on this forum.

all posts are good advertising imo, keeps the watch in peoples minds, what ever the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrdemon View Post
    all posts are good advertising imo, keeps the watch in peoples minds, what ever the comments.
    As you say, no such thing as bad publicity!

Things don't always sell for what they're worth, people are always looking for a bargain. However, if you've time on your hands, they usally go eventually :)

I'm sorry I have caused so much offence with my post but it was not my intention to cause such an uproar just my take on the market
    Fair enough. It's just a little short sighted to talk about someone's sales post, when anyone viewing SC will already have noted it.

Many members have noted this before, but there aren't a huge amount of buyers on here looking for £4k+ watches - or those that are in that market possibly already have the model, or an alternative for it. It's therefore not truly representative of any market other than TZ UK. You'll note that the used Rolex dealers seem to sell most models quite easily and for a fair amount more on a regular basis - a lot of the lower priced watches I see have been heavily used, which is what you would expect, and allows people that buy to wear and use heavily the opportunity to save a few hundred - others want the best condition possible At the best possible price, which isn't all that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Ignorant post.
    as confirmed below

what does op mean
    Last edited by andy tims; 14th April 2014 at 13:58.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I sold a year younger white one here for the same money. I believe the black seems more popular, but many prefer the ceramic bezel Rolex watches. I would like to try the black face, but alas I have many bills at the moment.

someone is advertising the above watch in the SC. he is complaining about a slow market because the watch will not sell...you have to follow market conditions if the watch will not sell reduce the price . if you cannot get the price you want withdraw the item but do not blame the market and put off other potential sellers thinking the market is c--p

The Tz-UK SC is one small market, like others have mentioned. It may take a while for someone to come along who (a) really wants the watch and (b) has the funds to buy it. My guess is that so far people who have looked at the ad lack either (a) or (b), or both. With time someone will come along that meets both prerequisites. I think the price is more than fair, and it's pretty much what I paid for mine a few months ago after waiting and waiting for one to come up!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wow surprised to see this thread

The seller is after 4K for a mint watch which retails for £5,530K

This time last year I bought the Polar version of the same watch here on Sales Corner for 4.5K and considered it a decent discount.

I dont blame the seller for not discounting any more!

PS - If I was back over I would prob flog my two Omegas and buy this watch as I would love both versions of the Exp II, cracking watches (prob the most "tool" watch Rolex does nowadays)
    Last edited by kultschar; 14th April 2014 at 18:03.

Grand Master
    Bad form to make a comment like this. Can`t see the point.

As for the 'supply and demand' sermon, I think most of us understand this principle. However, when considering a relatively small market for an expensive item, some common sense has to be used. If I went into my local pub tonight and tried to sell my car (at fair market price) the chances are no-one would buy it. Doesn`t mean it's priced wrongly, it simply means the right buyer isn`t there. Same with SC, same principle.

The number of people who are willing or able to spend over £3K on a watch is limited for a number of reasons, even on a forum like this.

Paul

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    The Tz-UK SC is one small market, like others have mentioned. It may take a while for someone to come along who (a) really wants the watch and (b) has the funds to buy it. My guess is that so far people who have looked at the ad lack either (a) or (b), or both. With time someone will come along that meets both prerequisites. I think the price is more than fair, and it's pretty much what I paid for mine a few months ago after waiting and waiting for one to come up!
    If I did not have a wedding to pay for in September I would have snapped it up at 4k immediately! GLWTS!

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Wow surprised to see this thread

The seller is after 4K for a mint watch which retails for £5,530K

This time last year I bought the Polar version of the same watch here on Sales Corner for 4.5K and considered it a decent discount.
    Iconic are advertising both black and white at £4550, which seems good.

The OP appears to be a gent with a woman's name, based in Manchester, making inappropriate posts. Distinct feeling of deja vu.
    Last edited by mylofitz; 14th April 2014 at 19:00.

What a stupid thread. FWIW, it pays (or, in fact, doesn't!) to remember that SC is but a microcosm of the real world. As has been mentioned, it's a small market on here and I've personally sold watches that have languished on SC very quickly elsewhere and for more money. It's also been stated already that higher end pieces have a smaller market still - it's not rocket science.

As for the notion that "anything priced right will sell", the reality with regard to this little corner of the horological universe is that "anything priced cheaply enough will sell". It's a wonderful facility for sure, but it has its own quirks and idiosyncrasies.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mylofitz View Post
    The OP appears to be a gent with a woman's name, based in Manchester, making inappropriate posts. Distinct feeling of deja vu.
    Eh? You've lost me there.
    I don't really see the point of the original post either. I've seen not very sought after watches being offered for more second hand than you can get them new from the likes of creation or iconic, but what's it got to do with me? Just move on.

Master
    As usual everyone comes in and sticks the boot in, the OP didn't crap on the sales post (not that he'd be able to), at least he started his own thread, how many of you jack boot wearers have posted unwarranted comments on actual sales posts?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    As usual everyone comes in and sticks the boot in, the OP didn't crap on the sales post (not that he'd be able to), at least he started his own thread, how many of you jack boot wearers have posted unwarranted comments on actual sales posts?
    Never.That's the whole point of what I said.

well said

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    well said
    If you feel price does not influence sales look at tonight's sale corner

Banned
    If you feel price does not influence sales look at tonight's sale corner
    There's quite a few things for sale tonight, Could you be a bit more specific?

I for one never post a negative on another person's sales post.

I think that the OP of this thread did criticise the sales post, or at least the price. I don't think that the criticism of this thread is unwarranted. Put yourself in the shoes of the chap who's sales post it is and ask yourself if you'd be happy with the criticism made (I would not be).

Valuable lesson for the OP - if you had posted this in the Bear Pit and sprinkled it with a few profanities, nobody would have batted an eyelid.

Master
    Blog Entries

"Jack boot wearers"! A little extreme don't you think?

I'm happy to join the others and say I've never been negative on anyones sales thead, its just bad form and unnecessary.

The OP may have been naive with his post, but ultimately it wasn't thought through, isn't informative or helpful to the seller to whom he refers.

Basically, it was wrong to even raise the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    "Jack boot wearers"! A little extreme don't you think?

I'm happy to join the others and say I've never been negative on anyones sales thead, its just bad form and unnecessary.

The OP may have been naive with his post, but ultimately it wasn't thought through, isn't informative or helpful to the seller to whom he refers.

Basically, it was wrong to even raise the subject.
    Just googled 'jack boot wearer' and I'm non the wiser. I'm guessing it's an insult?

Master
    Well it got me looking at the ad which I wouldn't have done had I not read the thread. There also seems to be discussion on the sales thread about why it's not sold. Agreed though, it goes against the spirit of SC.