closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Baselworld

Tudor Baselworld

Hi there since seeing the Tudor ranger released a few weeks ago I have become more drawn to it. To that end I wonder if anyone knows when the watches will be released?

Thanks
    Adam

Tudor are due to launch in the UK in September. Hopefully by then the Ranger will be available. However I'm not sure if there are any hard and fast rules about when watches are released. The Ranger looks nice but possibly a shade large for my liking.

The Blue Black Bay will be available in May...

and the Ranger in June.The full range will be in the UK in September.

Ross

Banned
    It is availible from me in red already :-) but I cannot post in sales corner yet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JakubL View Post
    It is availible from me in red already :-) but I cannot post in sales corner yet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JakubL View Post

Subtle

Apprentice
    Who will be the authorised uk dealers for Tudor?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderbos View Post
    Who will be the authorised uk dealers for Tudor?
    I presume they'll be Rolex dealers

I believe that those Rolex dealers that would like to also be Tudor dealers, have to declare their interest to Rolex. I guess that Rolex will then appoint a number of dealers on some sort of geographic basis to ensure good UK coverage. I suspect that Rolex/Tudor will assist the ADs with the merchandising costs and therefore may only seek to roll out across a few ADs to see how it goes. I spoke to a local Rolex AD last June who had already sent Rolex and expression of interest and is hoping to be selected as a Tudor AD for the September launch.

I would be surprised if any dealers outside of the Rolex network were awarded Tudor dealerships.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smalleyboy1 View Post
    I would be surprised if any dealers outside of the Rolex network were awarded Tudor dealerships.
    I expect you're right and yet it seems to me that it would be a good idea for non-Rolex dealers to sell Tudor. The reason for this to my mind is that if Rolex dealers sell Tudor then it will inevitably cannibalise Rolex sales to some extent. Perhaps it would be better therefore to sell Tudor in different shops entirely.

Apprentice
    Thanks for the replies, gents. I do wonder whether it will be a selective strategy and only some Rolex ADs will be on board at first. It could also be a flood-the-market strategy via Goldsmiths and other "high street" Rolex ADs.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    I expect you're right and yet it seems to me that it would be a good idea for non-Rolex dealers to sell Tudor. The reason for this to my mind is that if Rolex dealers sell Tudor then it will inevitably cannibalise Rolex sales to some extent. Perhaps it would be better therefore to sell Tudor in different shops entirely.
    I think it would be worse - Tudor will remain unknown to the market, which is probably more snobbish (sorry, brand-conscious!) than ever. Just as before, alongside Rolex they will be undersold, and for a better chance of success they need to be on their own with a product range wider than it is now. And it's a crowded market too.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

I would expect Tudor watches to have their own distinct merchandising and displays in a dealership. Unless you know about the Rolex/Tudor link, they will just look like another brand sitting alongside Omega, Brietling, Tag Heuer etc..

I think the price point of Tudors will separate them from Rolex. For example the Pelagos is circa £2.7k whilst a Sub is around £5.7k. I can't see that many members of the public looking at a Pelagos and then thinking for another £3k, I can have a Rolex. It is quite a step up in price. I think many members of the public will like the Rolex link to Tudor and see Tudor in a positive light.

Only time will tell.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Povey View Post
    and the Ranger in June.The full range will be in the UK in September.
    I was in the US last week and the AD I visited already had a Blue Black Bay demo model but no Ranger. He was claiming to be one of the top Rolex & Tudor dealers in the US though, so perhaps no surprise. The new BB was nice but seemed a little flat to me. The gold details on the dial of the red BB give it a warmth and depth that the blue version doesn't seem to have, IMHO.

SGR

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    :D sorry could not help myself..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    I think it would be worse - Tudor will remain unknown to the market, which is probably more snobbish (sorry, brand-conscious!) than ever. Just as before, alongside Rolex they will be undersold, and for a better chance of success they need to be on their own with a product range wider than it is now. And it's a crowded market too.
    Wouldn't that just be a replay of last time, from what I have heard? One might presume that Rolex are being more clever about it this time...

Journeyman
    Very much like the look of the heritage chrono http://www.tudorwatch.com/en/heritage-chrono/