closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool FC - can they do it???

Quote Originally Posted by GMC41 View Post
    Neither poster who have commented on the Heysel disaster give a s**t about the victims of that tragedy. Their comments are immature and purely to stir it. Some people are best ignored.

Back on topic, as a non Liverpool fan I'd like them to win it and it does look like they are destined for it this year.
    Please explain. As I am from Liverpool, know people who were close to both tragedies and supported liverpool for over 40yrs I can assure you I do give a shit.
    Bitter blue probably.

Quote Originally Posted by comdiver View Post
    Please explain. As I am from Liverpool, know people who were close to both tragedies and supported liverpool for over 40yrs I can assure you I do give a shit.
    Bitter blue probably.
    I don't think he was referring to you.

Craftsman
    Bitter blue probably.
    You've misunderstood my post, I was referring to ryanb741 and mjc1216.

I take it you must also have stopped reading before you got to the bit were I said 'as a non Liverpool fan I'd like them to win it'.

A blue, yes. Bitter, no.

Bitter blue probably.
    Eh?

I take it you must also have stopped reading before you got to the bit were I said 'as a non Liverpool fan I'd like them to win it'.

A blue, yes. Bitter, no.
    As a slight side note, I genuinely hope Everton get into the top 4 as it would be great for the city. It will be interesting to see if there is some real investment in the Everton team if that happens though as the manager there has really shown that far from Moyes "Taking Everton as far as they can go" He was probably holding the team back.

And yes, I know this is a thread about Liverpool.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    As a slight side note, I genuinely hope Everton get into the top 4 as it would be great for the city. It will be interesting to see if there is some real investment in the Everton team if that happens though as the manager there has really shown that far from Moyes "Taking Everton as far as they can go" He was probably holding the team back.

And yes, I know this is a thread about Liverpool.
    It'd be great if we did but I think the Crystal Palace result might have scuppered our chances. One can hope though. And yes it would be great for the City.

At the start of the season I think most Evertonians would have been happy with Europa League qualification. Will need further investment though and it'd be great to keep Barry and Lukaku.

A blue, yes. Bitter, no.
    Then I humbly apologise and good luck with the rest of your season.

Craftsman
    Then I humbly apologise and good luck with the rest of your season.
    No probs. And ditto.

A blue, yes. Bitter, no.
    I'm not entirely sure how you have reached the conclusion that I was trolling as I most certainly wasn't - this should have been evident from the whole context of my post. I would never 'troll' full stop, and certainly over tragic events that cost the lives of innocent people.

Regards

Ryan

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure how you have reached the conclusion that I was trolling as I most certainly wasn't - this should have been evident from the whole context of my post. I would never 'troll' full stop, and certainly over tragic events that cost the lives of innocent people.

Regards

Ryan
    Sorry, don't believe you. The answers to your questions are clear to anyone with half a brain. Even if you didn't know, a 5 minute Google would have provided your answers.

As for referencing 'the whole context of my post', the rest of your post was a weak attempt at hiding your true motives.
    Last edited by GMC41; 20th April 2014 at 21:53.

Sorry, don't believe you. The answers to your questions are clear to anyone with half a brain. Even if you didn't know, a 5 minute Google would have provided your answers.

As for referencing 'the whole context of my post', the rest of your post was a weak attempt at hiding your true motives.
    No need to apologise, it's not your fault that you leap to conclusions and then bloody mindedly stick to them despite evidence to the contrary , it's probably just something about your personality that makes you like this - the good news is that help is available.

Back to the thread, a nervy yet entertaining win for Liverpool - the Chelsea game is going to be massive but I just think the momentum is with the Reds. Ironic that Sir Alex takes over Man Utd when Liverpool are top dogs, and when he resigns it looks like Liverpool are picking up the mantle again. I do like the way Liverpool play so as Arsenal can't win it I hope Liverpool do it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    No need to apologise, it's not your fault that you leap to conclusions and then bloody mindedly stick to them despite evidence to the contrary , it's probably just something about your personality that makes you like this - the good news is that help is available.

Back to the thread, a nervy yet entertaining win for Liverpool - the Chelsea game is going to be massive but I just think the momentum is with the Reds. Ironic that Sir Alex takes over Man Utd when Liverpool are top dogs, and when he resigns it looks like Liverpool are picking up the mantle again. I do like the way Liverpool play so as Arsenal can't win it I hope Liverpool do it.
    There was no leap to conclusions and definitely no evidence to the contrary. And don't start with the childish personal comments.

Anyway nothing else to say. Back on topic.....

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    It'd be great if we did but I think the Crystal Palace result might have scuppered our chances. One can hope though. And yes it would be great for the City.

At the start of the season I think most Evertonians would have been happy with Europa League qualification. Will need further investment though and it'd be great to keep Barry and Lukaku.
    Agree the palace game was a crucial win and we fu@ked it up i don't think anyone saw that coming ,take nothing away from palace though they were excellent,will be a match for anyone the way they are playing.

The way this season is panning out though anything could happen and probably will but i fear the media bias towards the sky 4 will probably see arsenal getting the 4th spot , i'm still not sure about lukaku though ,i know he's not the finished article but i wonder whether he is actually worth what he is being quoted .

Barry has been excellent for us this season but i think his wage demands might just be to much for Everton ,i felt we really missed mccarthy on wednesday and barry didn't seem as effective without him but i suppose i'd be happy if he stayed.
    Last edited by the big fella; 20th April 2014 at 23:15.

Banned
    ^^^^^^^^^^

Come on. This is the George and Dragon. Are we not tiring of this out and out troll?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Track record in racism, do tell me more?

I would have thought his friendship with multi cultural team mates is more of a track record than one incident of alleged racism by an opponent (who now has voted from him as POTY )

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ism-storm.html
    He was found guilty by an FA Tribunal of racism after hearing the evidence and banned for 8 games. In any other field of employment would he have kept his job after such a verdict??

Craftsman
    Looking at the table Chelsea win at Anfield and Man City take the title on goal difference.
    Liverpool away at Crystal Palace is also going to be a battle.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerUK View Post
    He was found guilty by an FA Tribunal of racism after hearing the evidence and banned for 8 games. In any other field of employment would he have kept his job after such a verdict??
    All the black players at LFC stood up for Suarez and his Grandfather is black so go figure. All strange

I also believe Evra has had a history of various accusations in the past before Suarez.
    Last edited by kultschar; 21st April 2014 at 22:14.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bugger - hope the Moyes being sacked reports is not true!! He's been doing so well :)

On topic - another tough game with heart in mouth again when Norwich got their second! Another epic game coming on Sunday. I am hoping Chelsea focus on the Champions League now. They really outplayed us at Stamford Bridge earlier this season so the game will be so difficult! But after 11 wins we have to believe.

Off topic - Be interesting to see who Man U get in I if Moyes is shown the door. The chosen one indeed. I was reminded earlier that on top of his disparaging comments about Gerrard and Henderson, Sir Alex also stated Liverpool were at least eight players short of fighting for the title.........

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbuzi View Post
    On topic - another tough game with heart in mouth again when Norwich got their second! Another epic game coming on Sunday. I am hoping Chelsea focus on the Champions League now. They really outplayed us at Stamford Bridge earlier this season so the game will be so difficult! But after 11 wins we have to believe.

Off topic - Be interesting to see who Man U get in I if Moyes is shown the door. The chosen one indeed. I was reminded earlier that on top of his disparaging comments about Gerrard and Henderson, Sir Alex also stated Liverpool were at least eight players short of fighting for the title.........
    Yes - Madrid away leg first will prob benefit Liverpool, should be tougher for Chelsea out there and if they do not get an away goal / have a tough game etc then imagine he might have to tinker with his first team against Liverpool with the return leg in mind.

Wonder if Ramires will be suspended after the elbow incident??

Watching the last few Chelsea games I feel Willian is instrumental in everything going forward. Its going to be one hell of a game regardless.

Erm No!

They got bashed up today at their place.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Superb performance by Chelsea today and so much for all the hot air expended by cheap journo's and "pundits" this week only downside it opens the door for those wannabes from Manure land.
    LFC will really need to improve their squad next season to compete in Europe.
    Last edited by mart broad; 27th April 2014 at 17:24.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yup, no plan B for Liverpool. Clearly shown when having to bring on Aspas. Had few chances though and 70% of possession, one of those days

Have to rely on Everton now, might be a tall order with their current form.

Well that's the end of THAT chapter.

I think it shows that Liverpool have punched well above their weight since the beginning of the year. They've demolished most of the top teams at Anfield and gone on an 11 match winning streak that's guaranteed them CL football - that was the main goal, not to win the PL.

They will strengthen their squad - at the moment (IMO) they only have 5-6 top quality players. The fact that they have been winning is the tactics and a potentially great manager who got the best out of his available players. This had to come to an end and if it wasn't City it would have been Chelsea - the two strongest teams with the best players. Liverpool were lucky with injuries and fewer matches but also played the most attacking, aggressive football I have ever seen them play (bearing in mind at times their defence went AWOL).

Mourinho is a master tactician and he would have known how to defeat Liverpool, just as Chelsea did to Man City. I thought this would happen...Chelsea were just too good and too strong in every position.

I don't think Liverpool will win it now. They can, but I just think City will win their remaining games.

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Yup, no plan B for Liverpool. Clearly shown when having to bring on Aspas. Had few chances though and 70% of possession, one of those days

Have to rely on Everton now, might be a tall order with their current form.

I still think there may be a further twist or turn (or two!) yet to come.
    Certainly making for an entertaining end to the season.

Master

Liverpool FC

I m with you regards Mourinho but they were poor at best at today I thought , no quick ball and Chelsea held firm at the back and plain bad luck regards the first goal .

Second half just pumping high ball after high ball into the Chelsea box just showed a little panic and lack of ideas.

Take nothing away from Chelsea as they were disciplined had a game plan stuck to it and frustrated Liverpool big time , I thought against Norwich and I m a fan we were hanging on for dear life at the finish and many thought this would be a win against Chelsea but I always thought it would be difficult and I m gutted !!

I just hope Everton can return to form and get about City ,another great twist in the Title run in
    Last edited by marksh; 27th April 2014 at 19:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post

Mourinho is a master tactician and he would have known how to defeat Liverpool,.
    I think he had won 6 of the last 8 meetings between us so it was always going to be the make or break game. I think we used up all our good fortune against City.

Blog Entries

Liverpool FC - can they do it???

It's not over yet.

I reckon Everton will give City a hard game at Goodison, likewise Palace will be hard to beat for Liverpool (especially if they play like they did today - i.e. Run out of ideas and just punt it into the box)

We'll have a better idea after those games IMHO.

z

I do think it was a tactical masterclass from Mourinho. People were complaining about time wasting in the first half - it wasn't time wasting at all it was Chelsea's way of preventing Liverpool from building up momentum by taking the sting out of the game with the constant stop - start action.

In a one - off game Mourinho is a genius, with a decent centre forward next season Chelsea will be a formidable opponent and I wouldn't put it past Mourinho to mastermind a Champions League victory in his home country next month

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It's not over yet.

I reckon Everton will give City a hard game at Goodison, likewise Palace will be hard to beat for Liverpool (especially if they play like they did today - i.e. Run out of ideas and just punt it into the box)

We'll have a better idea after those games IMHO.

z
    I hope your right however feel Everton's bad result yesterday may have them giving up on the Arsenal chase.

Quite a lot of whinging about Chelsea's tactics today, not sure why really as that is football.

If Liverpool does not win, I feel sorry for SG, for years to come when they do retrospectives of the season, *that* clip will be shown over and over again...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    If Liverpool does not win, I feel sorry for SG, for years to come when they do retrospectives of the season, *that* clip will be shown over and over again...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKlaus View Post
    Cruel lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Cruel lol!!
    Well deserved. Nobody likes a turncoat

Well today was make or break. A win or even a draw would have effectively made Liverpool Champions and a defeat would make it a three-horse race again with a photo finish most likely.

I had a bad feeling about today and so it came to pass. I don't pay heed to any pundits or discussions involving fans or anyone as they all know nothing. No-one predicted Liverpool would be here at this point in time at the beginning of the season - until a month ago, it was all 'Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal' (whom I knew would fall away towards the end). I go on my gut feeling always and although I can't stand the man, Mourinho was never going to make it easy. His team did the job and huge credit for that but the result was quite expected. No comment on the gamesmanship and ugly football...that is neither here nor there and Martin Atkinson was a weak referee letting all of it happen from minute one so Chelsea lucked out there.

I would still rather be in Liverpool's position at this point but City are obviously right back in it and Liverpool will be under huge pressure next Monday night if The Chavs and Citeh both win next weekend. If Liverpool don't win the league, I'd rather a positive, attacking team like City do.

However, I think LFC needed this test and this loss even. Everything's been going our way for months and the youngsters especially need a taste of the bad. It can only add to experience for the future as no league is won easily or should be won without difficulty and heartache along the way. This may have the effect of shaking them up a bit and making them stronger for the last two games.

I still believe!

YNWA.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scarto View Post
    Well today was make or break. A win or even a draw would have effectively made Liverpool Champions and a defeat would make it a three-horse race again with a photo finish most likely.

I had a bad feeling about today and so it came to pass. I don't pay heed to any pundits or discussions involving fans or anyone as they all know nothing. No-one predicted Liverpool would be here at this point in time at the beginning of the season - until a month ago, it was all 'Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal' (whom I knew would fall away towards the end). I go on my gut feeling always and although I can't stand the man, Mourinho was never going to make it easy. His team did the job and huge credit for that but the result was quite expected. No comment on the gamesmanship and ugly football...that is neither here nor there and Martin Atkinson was a weak referee letting all of it happen from minute one so Chelsea lucked out there.

I would still rather be in Liverpool's position at this point but City are obviously right back in it and Liverpool will be under huge pressure next Monday night if The Chavs and Citeh both win next weekend. If Liverpool don't win the league, I'd rather a positive, attacking team like City do.

However, I think LFC needed this test and this loss even. Everything's been going our way for months and the youngsters especially need a taste of the bad. It can only add to experience for the future as no league is won easily or should be won without difficulty and heartache along the way. This may have the effect of shaking them up a bit and making them stronger for the last two games.

I still believe!

YNWA.
    100% agree, I always feared the Chelsea game over Man City (and to an extent Palace away)

I think Rodgers would have learnt a lot from this, especially since we only required a draw.

If Liverpool don't quite make it I hope City do, Pellegrini is quite a nice guy and didn't rise to the bait of the media who tried to stir things about Chelsea's potential resting of players and all that bull etc

Blog Entries
    What a great day out that was yesterday!

Craftsman
    no, I don't think they can

Blog Entries
    It was obviously a disappointing game from LFC's point of view, however you can't fault Mourinho and his tactics - he and CFC did what they needed to do. It wasn't pretty but it got the job done.

Still many more twists and turns to go before the fat lady sings IMHO.

ROSS BARKLEY!!!!

A Liverpool legend in the making?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    ROSS BARKLEY!!!!

A Liverpool legend in the making?
    Wonder goal.

Everton really are the City bogey team.
    I just hope that doesn't hand the title to Chelsea.

z

Dagnammit.

Still fine if it finishes this way.
    Last edited by Papa Hotel; 3rd May 2014 at 20:04.

Aguero off, that's only a good thing.

Dagnammit again.
    Last edited by Papa Hotel; 3rd May 2014 at 20:04.

Get in

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Aguero off, that's only a good thing.
    Aye. But that Dzeko chap's not too bad

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Aye. But that Dzeko chap's not too bad

z
    *sighs*

It's a poo sport anyway.
    Last edited by Papa Hotel; 3rd May 2014 at 20:03.

Aaaaaaaaaaargh!
    Got to love the real footballing side of Liverpool and their fans.