closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: online movie/tv series streaming options

Master

online movie/tv series streaming options

I'm thinking of cancelling my virgin movie add on as its getting expensive for how often i watch it and wondered what other options are available, netflix seems to get good reviews but when looking at available movies under the browse section it only shows 18 under each genre is that all thats available or is it because I'm not a registered user its just showing me a selection of whats available and once i subscribe there will be lots more? what other services are there is it just amazon prime? as that seems to get less favourable reviews and there also seems to be now tv but that looks as expensive as sky/virgin

Craftsman
    Movietube.co

Is good but check for best quality and it is .co not .com

Banned
    Blog Entries
    There are thousands of titles on Netflix, and squillions of box-sets, TV shows etc.

Netflix and a Chromecast = job jobbed IMHO.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    There are thousands of titles on Netflix, and squillions of box-sets, TV shows etc.

Netflix and a Chromecast = job jobbed IMHO.
    What's chromecast?

Journeyman
    Netflicks, house of cards, job done

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by toastie View Post
    What's chromecast?

It's a gadget that plugs into a spare HDMI socket on your TV, and can stream films etc from your home Wifi. You use a Chrome browser on a laptop, or an Android or IOS phone to control it.

Basically the same as Apple TV, but smaller, 1/3rd the price and it's being constantly developed to integrate with new apps.

http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/c...ast/index.html

If you have a smart TV or a BluRay player with Netflix built in, you don't need it.

Banned
    ATV2 and XBMC\Icefilms.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    ATV2 and XBMC\Icefilms.
    I have an ATV2 with netflix plus a smart Blue ray player and smart tv so probably don't need any extra ways to connect will have a look at XBMC\icefilms though

Journeyman
    Check out couchtuner. No downloads required, most decent US shows on there. It's pretty good IMO.

Netflix here ....
    It's available on 5 different devices at once so little lad has kids only in his room all 8.4 billion episodes of Sponge Bob :-)

Journeyman
    Netflix is great and it has definitely added better newer movies recently. Also if you get netflix you should also download "hulu unblocker" which you can use to choose which country you wish to be in and can view their content as well.

Ouya with XBMC ice films NaviX,

Quote Originally Posted by andrew91 View Post
    Netflix is great and it has definitely added better newer movies recently. Also if you get netflix you should also download "hulu unblocker" which you can use to choose which country you wish to be in and can view their content as well.
    This. If you set your location to the US you get access to a LOT more content (this is not illegal, at least not here in Denmark).

Amazon prime/ love film is worth a look if you buy stuff from amazon

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JeppeRober View Post
    This. If you set your location to the US you get access to a LOT more content (this is not illegal, at least not here in Denmark).
    I use a PS3 to watch US Netflix but this seems to have stopped working unless you pay for access to a particular DNS.