closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Alpina Heritage Pilot 130 - A beauty

Alpina Heritage Pilot 130 - A beauty

I saw an article in a magazine last week regarding this rather beautiful watch.

To me, Alpina as a brand I'd only heard of in one or two threads here with show 'n' tells of what I'd call Citizen/Seiko bracket Sports automatics which looked ok but hadn't given them a second thought.

Apparently Alpina has a heritage lasting most of the 20th century, interrupted by the Quartz revolution in the 70s and 80s. It was relaunched in the UK as recently as 2012.

This model was unveiled at Basel last year but I'm surprised I've seen no mention of it anywhere and not on TZ that I can remember or find.

http://blog.dreamchrono.com/2013/11/...eritage-pilot/

It comes in black or white dial and SS/Gold PVD variants but I think the black with gold PVD case evokes that classic old Chronograph look the best, as the model was commemorated to do. I'm not entirely sure if there is a blue dial version as certain photos seem to suggest (not the ones I've chosen necessarily) - this looks lovely to me - or if the black has that lovely tint of rich blue in certain lights. I have not seen one in the metal but the photos below really do look good.

The price is not cheap at £2500 but I would certainly buy one.

Interested to hear if anyone has one or considered buying it. Also what it's like in the metal.

Last edited by scarto; 17th March 2014 at 14:48. Reason: Language

Journeyman
    I have owned an Alpina ( avalanche) a very sporty watch, nothing to do with the bauty you are asking for, but it was a watch quite well do, so quality will not be the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Monet_Briard View Post
    I have owned an Alpina ( avalanche) a very sporty watch, nothing to do with the bauty you are asking for, but it was a watch quite well do, so quality will not be the problem
    Thanks.

I must admit that I was surprised when I read about this watch and then it dawned on me it was Alpina, the same brand that I'd seen mention of for some pretty run-of-the-mill sports watches (no offence anyone, I think they looked fine, just unremarkable).

This model looks to have applied indices and looks to be made well, with enough attention to detail, judging from the pictures alone.

not my style, but a good looking watch

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo Doricchi - AD des View Post
    not my style, but a good looking watch
    What is your goal?

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Grand Master
    Alpina is an off-message brand here in Icon Talk, being an offshoot in name only of the former Alpina and given a rebirth by Frederique Constant. They are very well made, at least the divers compare well with a Seamaster at half the price. They're also a proper "manufacturer" as well. Almost everything they make is 44mm, though, so for that reason, I'm out.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Alpina is an off-message brand here in Icon Talk, being an offshoot in name only of the former Alpina and given a rebirth by Frederique Constant. They are very well made, at least the divers compare well with a Seamaster at half the price. They're also a proper "manufacturer" as well. Almost everything they make is 44mm, though, so for that reason, I'm out.
    I like Alpina as well, but the size is a problem. The Startimer is a great looking watch for instance, but at 44mm it's too big for me (even if it is a Pilot's watch, I can't pull it off).

Journeyman
    Splendid looking watch, i am not sure i would wear as i tend to not wear any gold....

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JeppeRober View Post
    I like Alpina as well, but the size is a problem. The Startimer is a great looking watch for instance, but at 44mm it's too big for me (even if it is a Pilot's watch, I can't pull it off).
    There is a 40mm Pilot version, but I think it's marketed as a feminine alternative even though it's the same size as a Sub and will probably look even bigger as the bezel is quite thin.

The divers have a nicely made dial with excellent lume, a sharply defined case and a sapphire inlay bezel over lumed numbers. Also they have the softest, most pliable rubber strap I've ever tried. I don't know what the bracelet versions are like though.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    There is a 40mm Pilot version, but I think it's marketed as a feminine alternative even though it's the same size as a Sub and will probably look even bigger as the bezel is quite thin.

The divers have a nicely made dial with excellent lume, a sharply defined case and a sapphire inlay bezel over lumed numbers. Also they have the softest, most pliable rubber strap I've ever tried. I don't know what the bracelet versions are like though.
    Aha, I'll look into that 40 mm version. Thanks.

The Heritage Pilot looks nice but it is not a watch I would consider buying, but I am more than impressed with the brand itself. I own an Extreme Diver 300 which at it's price point really is the best dive watch that I have owned in over three decades. It's beautifully made and visually stunning. Andres stated that the rubber strap is the softest, most pliable rubber strap that he has tried. I totally agree.