closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another wonder is about to emerge from the ocean’s darkness … a new Omega incoming!

Craftsman

Another wonder is about to emerge from the ocean’s darkness … a new Omega incoming!

https://twitter.com/omegawatches/sta.../photo/1/large

Baselworld 2014. I wonder what it might be, Omega Seamaster 1000m?

I hope so, and not just a black coated watch.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Hmmm, yes, the wording and colouring of the teaser could suggest another black ceramic watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Joppers View Post
    Hmmm, yes, the wording and colouring of the teaser could suggest another black ceramic watch!
    Something dark emerging from the darkness would be a bit of a strange choice of phrase. What's the deepest Omega depth available currently? The PO 600 metre?

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    My thoughts exactly...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ArghZombies View Post
    Something dark emerging from the darkness would be a bit of a strange choice of phrase. What's the deepest Omega depth available currently? The PO 600 metre?
    Probably the Seamaster Ploprof 1200M.

I am very happy to be corrected but as far as I am aware then its the launch of the new speedy.

https://twitter.com/omegawatches/sta.../photo/1/large

Maybe, a retro look Grand has always been on the cards since they released the Ploprof 1200m. It simply has to come one day.

My money though is on a re-release of the Big Blue chrono (imagine a Spacemaster Z-33 with a blue dial and a rotating divers bezel).
    Last edited by Meinessex; 11th March 2014 at 00:13.

Quote Originally Posted by itsgotournameonit View Post
    I am very happy to be corrected but as far as I am aware then its the launch of the new speedy.
    From the oceans darkness... Of the moon?

Master
    If that ever emerges from the depth of the ocean it'll need drying out followed by very expensive service.

I am happy to be corrected and I mean it

Craftsman
    Seamaster Big Blue would be very interesting indeed!

Craftsman

I love it!! But considering how much of a premium they charge for the standard Speedmaster with an extra dot somewhere and the letters L & E I cant see these being very affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    If that ever emerges from the depth of the ocean it'll need drying out followed by very expensive service.

They are nice though surely you agree. Sorry missed the thread its been a long day.In all seriousness have not seen anything on any Baselworld reports regarding any other new Omegas.The cat is normally let out of the bag by now.But who knows.If its a new PLO I would be disappointed .A new PO would be interesting
    Last edited by itsgotournameonit; 11th March 2014 at 00:40.

Quote Originally Posted by watkins101 View Post
    I love it!! But considering how much of a premium they charge for the standard Speedmaster with an extra dot somewhere and the letters L & E I cant see these being very affordable.
    I bought one a week ago in the Omega Boutique, Regent Street - £3950 which isn't too bad considering the price point of other Omega watches. Lovely watch it is too

Master
    I'd guess a carbon cased diver to go along with the carbon Speedmaster.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I bought one a week ago in the Omega Boutique, Regent Street - £3950 which isn't too bad considering the price point of other Omega watches. Lovely watch it is too

Hmmmm whats the going rate for a kidney now days? Do the colours on the face pop so much in the flesh so to speak?

In all seriousness have not seen anything on any Baselworld reports regarding any other new Omegas.The cat is normally let out of the bag by now.But who knows.If its a new PLO I would be disappointed .A new PO would be interesting
    All the rumours so far seem to indicate Omega are going in a big way to be moving their movements to the anti-magnetic movement found in the Aqua Terra 15,000 Gauss. The rumours suggest we will see either a PO or a SMP with this movement, or at least the anti-magnetic technolgy, along with some black and yellow colouring (expect stripes).
    Last edited by Meinessex; 11th March 2014 at 01:15.

Craftsman
    They are nice though surely you agree. Sorry missed the thread its been a long day.In all seriousness have not seen anything on any Baselworld reports regarding any other new Omegas.The cat is normally let out of the bag by now.But who knows.If its a new PLO I would be disappointed .A new PO would be interesting
    They've already shown the new Speedie Mark II on the Omega twitter feed in full detail, so it wouldn't make sense for this new teaser to be related.

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    I'd guess a carbon cased diver to go along with the carbon Speedmaster.
    Carbon? You mean Ceramic...?

Grand Master
    I think Omega have seriously upped their game in the last 4 years so keep watching (excuse the pun)
    RIAC

Grand Master
    http:////twitter.com/omegawatches/st.../photo/1/large

I think it's more likely to emerge from a nightclub or a bar in the financial district of an Alpha city but whatever ;)

Replacement/analogue for the Deep Sea perhaps?
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Master
    It could just be the 'formal' launch of the Orange ceramic PO:

http://www.omegawatches.com/news/int...ws-detail/2513

I waited for ages for Omega to bring out a decent modern version of the 1000M and ended up with an original. Having tried both original and modern versions of the PloProf I wouldn't want a new one anyway.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Nice one.

Master
    A ceramic planet ocean?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Are you bored with it yet

They are lovely...still on the fence.. black or racing dial....

Cheers

Matt

If it's a reissue of the SM1000 then I'm all over it...! Would look great with my PloProf... fingers crossed, but I've a scary feeling it will just be a ceramic Planet Ocean, similar to the DSOTM Speedy. I would hope though that they would learn some lessons with the price - I don't have any evidence of them not selling well other than my AD having one in the window for 2 months, and not a bite yet. Must be the 7k price tag....

I really hope it would not be any sort of ceramic cased dive watch as speculated above. The material really would defeat the purpose of the object. Nonetheless, always excited to see any new diving pieces from Omega...

Master
    It will be the "dark depth of the ocean" "limited production", £9200 GBP loooool

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pacchi View Post
    Carbon? You mean Ceramic...?
    Carbon/Ceramic:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceramic_matrix_composite
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_carbide

I don't know what formulation they use on the watch cases, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't a carbon based technical ceramic.

Grand Master
    +1......I don`t get the black watch thing myself. Have to smile at the marketing and the suspense!

Paul

Master
    Another update. Interesting.....

Craftsman
    This is from Omega's website...

OMEGA’s innovation extends not only to technologies but to new materials. This year in Basel, CeragoldTM will have its world premiere in a striking new Seamaster Planet Ocean.

The above was posted on Facebook, the link given has now been removed I think.

The plot thickens !

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacemaster View Post

OMEGA’s innovation extends not only to technologies but to new materials. This year in Basel, CeragoldTM will have its world premiere in a striking new Seamaster Planet Ocean.

The plot thickens !
    http://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/000103...d-Mens-Watch/p

Ceragold POs were shown last year and have been advertised as available via chrono24.

The plot thickens !
    That was the teaser for last years Basel show.

The term 'iconic' is interesting.

What would be Omegas most iconic dive watches? I would think the Ploprof and the blue Bond SMP would be regarded more iconic in the eyes of the public than either the Grand or the Big Blue?

Master
    What a tease.......

Craftsman
    new Omega shopping trolley

Craftsman

The plot thickens !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIHT-Q1RxzA

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinessex View Post
    The term 'iconic' is interesting.

What would be Omegas most iconic dive watches? I would think the Ploprof and the blue Bond SMP would be regarded more iconic in the eyes of the public than either the Grand or the Big Blue?
    My thoughts exactly. Some sort of updated Ploprof then?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfan View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Some sort of updated Ploprof then?
    Wasn't the recent one a bit of a failure? If so, I'd be surprised if they retooled a loser instead of trying something new. The current blue SMP is practically a Bond already, I can't imagine it would be something like that. Maybe a no date PO with some SM300 styling cues. I hope it's something with sword hands.

It's going to be a Seamaster 300 with 8500 movement I reckon…...

Call me clairvoyant ;)

Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    Wasn't the recent one a bit of a failure? If so, I'd be surprised if they retooled a loser instead of trying something new. The current blue SMP is practically a Bond already, I can't imagine it would be something like that. Maybe a no date PO with some SM300 styling cues. I hope it's something with sword hands.
    Yes, judging by their pretty poor second hand values, I would say the ploprof was a bit of a flop, but its not really surprising, its one of those watches you either love or really really hate.

The return of the SM300 could be a good call, I would love to see the return of the big triangle and sword hands, with its Royal Navy inspired design, it would make a great watch for the next Bond movie.

Master
    Yes, judging by their pretty poor second hand values, I would say the ploprof was a bit of a flop, but its not really surprising, its one of those watches you either love or really really hate.

The return of the SM300 could be a good call, I would love to see the return of the big triangle and sword hands, with its Royal Navy inspired design, it would make a great watch for the next Bond movie.
    If they can deliver a SMP with SM300 sword hands, triangle a date (perhaps not Royal Navy authentic, but people mostly want dates now) a lumed bezel and the 8500 movement, I'll be getting excited...

Craftsman
    All the rumours so far seem to indicate Omega are going in a big way to be moving their movements to the anti-magnetic movement found in the Aqua Terra 15,000 Gauss. The rumours suggest we will see either a PO or a SMP with this movement, or at least the anti-magnetic technolgy, along with some black and yellow colouring (expect stripes).
    I was told that this was move to the anti-magnetic movement was happening, so I doubt this is the grand reveal at BW. The Speedy 2 is well known, so it would be silly to run a teaser campaign for something that they've already announced. Ditto the DSOTM thingy.

It will be a new launch, hopefully something affordable and exciting but not so massively large that those of us with more, erm, delicate limbs can wear them.

My moneys on (possibly literally) on a revamp of the 2254.50?
    Ceramic bezel, 8500 movement and beefed up bracelet?
    That would be sweet and lets be honest the 2254.50 is a bit of an icon?

I think we need a more sensible offering after a the huge, over chunky and uneccessarily depth rated beasts of late?
    Just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by Orange Peel; 12th March 2014 at 09:17.

Craftsman
    Actually, I've changed my mind already.

I want it to be massive, pig ugly, and horrendously expensive as I'm already skint and want a blue 1857 Speedy first.

So perhaps a pink ceramic 46mm PO with a movement twice the size of an 8500. Yes, that's definitely it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stomach View Post
    Actually, I've changed my mind already.

I want it to be massive, pig ugly, and horrendously expensive as I'm already skint and want a blue 1857 Speedy first.

So perhaps a pink ceramic 46mm PO with a movement twice the size of an 8500. Yes, that's definitely it.

There is wisdom in this.

Master
    A no-date SM300/2254 would be fantastic, if that's what it is.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    I think Omega have seriously upped their game in the last 4 years so keep watching (excuse the pun)

Agreed,and their prices.