closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Travelling to the US - ESTA question

Banned
    Blog Entries

Travelling to the US - ESTA question

My wife and I are visiting the US next month, returning before the end of April. My wife has a current ESTA that expires on 9th May.

Will we need to arrange a new one, or is it valid until it expires (unlike Passports that tend to need renewing if you're travelling in the last 6 months) ?
    The official website is not very clear.

Cheers,
    Daniel.

You should be fine.

The ESTA must be valid for the duration of your stay in the US.

Chris

Craftsman
    I found the following here https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...iration-notice

ESTA Expiration Notice

Does CBP send an email notice when my ESTA is about to expire?

If you provided ESTA with your email when you applied, you will receive an expiration notice when your ESTA is about to expire. The email will advise recipients to go to the official ESTA Web site to reapply. See sample notice below:

"ESTA Expiration Warning‪: ATTENTION! Your travel authorization submitted on (date) via ESTA will expire within the next 30 days. It is not possible to extend or renew a current ESTA. You will need to reapply at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov if travel to the United States in intended in the near future. If there are 30 or more days left on the old authorization you will receive a warning message during the application process and be asked if you wish to proceed."

As a general rule, your ESTA approval is good for multiple entries into the U.S. over a two year period. Exceptions to this validity period include applicants whose passports will expire before the two year validity period is complete - in which case the ESTA approval is only granted until the expiration date of the Passport.

Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    ...Will we need to arrange a new one...
    Apparently not:

"Unless revoked, travel authorizations are valid for two years from the date of authorization, or until your passport expires,
    whichever comes first." Link.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amii21 View Post
    I found the following here https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...iration-notice

ESTA Expiration Notice

Does CBP send an email notice when my ESTA is about to expire?

If you provided ESTA with your email when you applied, you will receive an expiration notice when your ESTA is about to expire. The email will advise recipients to go to the official ESTA Web site to reapply. See sample notice below:

"ESTA Expiration Warning‪: ATTENTION! Your travel authorization submitted on (date) via ESTA will expire within the next 30 days. It is not possible to extend or renew a current ESTA. You will need to reapply at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov if travel to the United States in intended in the near future. If there are 30 or more days left on the old authorization you will receive a warning message during the application process and be asked if you wish to proceed."

As a general rule, your ESTA approval is good for multiple entries into the U.S. over a two year period. Exceptions to this validity period include applicants whose passports will expire before the two year validity period is complete - in which case the ESTA approval is only granted until the expiration date of the Passport.

Thanks - that is what led me to ask the question. It's not exactly clear.
    As we are coming back before the expiry date I think we will be OK, although it probably wouldn't hurt to try and request another... worst case we lose <1 month of the existing waiver.

Cheers chaps !

Daniel.

Travelling to the USA, as long as your passport and ESTA are valid for your intended stay you'll be fine.