closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: For you chaps looking for cars

Blog Entries

For you chaps looking for cars

Gents

There are always threads popping up asking for advise on cars new and used, hell I've posted enough of them in the past.

Although our business is construction and development, my commercial manager is a sucker for a deal and two years ago managed to get us a Manheim trade account. We and more importantly him have made several purchases over the years with massive savings being had. We now buy our company cars a year or so old, the last one being to top of the range Astra, twelve months old at £10k. Dealer would have been nearer £14k.

He popped down Saturday with our new buyer and picked up a 2009 320d SE, met black, loaded with extras, FSH dealer stamped, one owner 85k on the clock for £8,100.00.

Bargain so far has been 3yo A6 Avant 2.0TDI S line with fully dealer stamped history 110k on the clock for £6,400.00. That was two years ago and cost nothing more than one service and two tyres.

Well worth a look.

http://www.manheimremarketing.co.uk

Disclaimer - You do need to know what to look for, VIM should be checked online and friendly dealers will help to validate history.

Paul

Most of the <5 year old stock on independent dealer forecourts come from places like this. Transport up, quick polish and watch the punters roll in, ker-ching!

I've always bought my cars from auction-namely BCA. I must admit, the day has come where you can actually get cars cheaper in the auto trader off of a private buyer. As a private buyer at bca for example if I spent £10k on the hammer price time I paid the auction fees of around £800 if I remember correctly it pushes the price up somewhat. To get a better "rate" on the auction fees you have to buy at least 5 cars per year. Then if you buy say 10 or more it goes down even more and so on and on. Now bearing in mind you get 5 mins just before the auction starts to actually have a look inside the car/flip the bonnet I'm seriously considering other avenues of buying my next car.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Most of the <5 year old stock on independent dealer forecourts come from places like this. Transport up, quick polish and watch the punters roll in, ker-ching!
    So correct. Saturday they were bidding against the used car lock up down the road from us.