closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tag Heuer 500m Aquaracer Crown Thread Problem

Craftsman

Tag Heuer 500m Aquaracer Crown Thread Problem

Hi all,

Bad Sunday night! Have just gone to reset the time on my 500m Aquaracer and the crown is no longer screwing back in! Have read all over the internet of problems with this model and the screw down crown - i even read about it before the purchase. I have been super careful with the crown, always back turning to make sure I lock the thread in properly. The watch is out of warranty - but am interested to know what every else's experiences are and what cost I can expect to incur?

Any official word on this from Tag?

Thanks

I had one with the same issue and yes it is a well known problem with that model.Luckily mine was still under warranty and went back to Manchester for repair. That was a few years ago though and I cant remember if the exact cause for the problem was identified. I would get as much evidence from the internet as you possibly can and phone Tag Heuer tomorrow and ask there advise,You know there's an issue and I am sure Tag know of the problem.I would hope that they would be accommodating but I wish you the best on that.

Craftsman

Tag Heuer 500m Aquaracer Crown Thread Problem

Thanks, will try giving them a call today. Have you had any issues with yours since?

The watch came back from repair and was good again with no issue.It has long since been sold.I am talking about 3-4 years ago.I still remember that there was a known issue with the crown pulling out of the case.

Any luck with Tag Heuer " Customer Care" ?

Craftsman
    Not really, have been told to send the watch in with a covering letter. Will update when I hear more!

Quote Originally Posted by tricktock View Post
    Not really, have been told to send the watch in with a covering letter. Will update when I hear more!

Sounds promising to me actually.They haven't dismissed it and point blank refused to help

Craftsman
    Finally got around to getting this sent off. Was a bit of a send off really, as I'm fairly sure I'm not going to want to wear it when I get it back. Think this may have ruined aquaracers for me and I have always stuck up for them with my watch buddies!

Could be repaired and on a sales corner near you soon.

Grand Master
    Finally got around to getting this sent off. Was a bit of a send off really, as I'm fairly sure I'm not going to want to wear it when I get it back. Think this may have ruined aquaracers for me and I have always stuck up for them with my watch buddies!
    I sympathise. The problem with this watch seems to be more than "background", and if TH hasn't picked up on this, and made allowances for out-of-warranty repairs, then its UK sales/marketing division will have just taken its brand reputation down a tiny notch.

For example: I really like their new CH80 3-6-9 chrono. When money permits, I would happily buy it over any Speedmaster; it's well priced by all accounts, has a fabulous movement, is classically styled, but with modern features, looks great, and comes from a supposedly good brand. But if I hear that TH dismisses the OP's claim, I think I'll pass. Most modern watch products are pretty good, as they should be for thousands of pounds; I don't need a lot more than empirical evidence to switch my allegiance in a second.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Craftsman
    Update on this - first quote is £280. Will be working to try and get this down a bit.

Master
    Seems to affect other models too, my boss had the same thing happen on his 6 month old Carrera 3 hand, the crown and stem came right out of the case.

Had the same problem with another model, returned it same day. Bought another one from the boutique, still wrapped, perfect…
    All watches get buggered about in the shop, not just tags so I now insist on a new unpacked watch, whatever the brand...

Craftsman
    Positive update - they have agreed to repair free of charge. I have asked for an update on whether this is being tracked as a known issue or not.

good result
    I have recently tried one of these on and been very, very tempted!!!!, I just cant decide with the crown issue? I do like the look of them though, I just cant make my mind up.

Positive update - they have agreed to repair free of charge. I have asked for an update on whether this is being tracked as a known issue or not.

Thats good new indeed.Fair play to you