closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hyetis - Real or Fantasy ?

Quote Originally Posted by java View Post
    Why would you say that?
    The companies CEO was responsible for launching Cvstos watches He is also responsible for the patented coaxial architecture used in soma Parmigiani/Vaucher movements There is nothing about the company to suggest they would do that.

The movement used in the Crossbow is a ETA 2836 btw The watch is 100% Swiss designed and made.

I am assuming therefore that the comment was based on complete ignorance.

As for the other comment I hadn't noticed You are obviously more aquatinted with a Dalek's mating organ than I am

I'm entitled to my opinion, sorry if you don't like it, Java, especially as there is nothing on the website about the movement I could see, or in the trailer. My apologies if I missed that but it is far from obvious. You seem to have got your knickers in a twist about it, but I'm not too worried.
    As for your lack of knowledge regarding xenobiology, well that's a poor show indeed.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    So this was supposed to ship today to the first customers in their local area, but there are no photos of one other than a couple of random shots of somebody wearing one while holding a mobile phone on a Facebook page?

If anybody wants to buy some magic beans, or help me to sort these funds out for a Nigerian diplomat who needs assistance getting $100bn out of the country, please PM me with your bank details.
    Do you actually read threads or just spout Bo$$ox on them

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sestrel View Post
    I'm entitled to my opinion, sorry if you don't like it, Java, especially as there is nothing on the website about the movement I could see, or in the trailer. My apologies if I missed that but it is far from obvious. You seem to have got your knickers in a twist about it, but I'm not too worried.
    As for your lack of knowledge regarding xenobiology, well that's a poor show indeed.
    I wasn't suggesting for one minute that you weren't entitled to your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by java View Post
    Do you actually read threads or just spout Bo$$ox on them
    I've read the thread, did I miss the part where there's a picture of a real watch? I can only imagine you've parted with $1,200 and your bad mood is down to feeling angsty about never seeing it again.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I've read the thread, did I miss the part where there's a picture of a real watch? I can only imagine you've parted with $1,200 and your bad mood is down to feeling angsty about never seeing it again.
    Not in a bad mood and not feeling any angst, but maybe being Friday my knob statement alert is working overtime. Just can't understand why you would suggest that the CEO of Hyetis would be operating some kind of scam the level you suggest. Do you have some evidence on the history of Arny Kapshitzer ( CEO of Hyetis) which would suggest this. Other than the creation of Cvstos watches, the patents relating to coaxial architecture used in Parmigiani/ Vaucher watch movements. Perhaps you have some information to share.
    Maybe he has become an alcoholic and substance abuser and needs to rip everyone off to feed his habit. Please do share the information.
    Last edited by java; 21st February 2014 at 21:32.

Well, in common with most calls to prove something, it's impossible to prove a negative. I can't prove that they won't be providing the watches, but it would be easy for them to prove that they do. Like showing some evidence of watches being delivered today. Until today when there were a couple of crap photos of one person wearing one, all they'd had was computerised artist impressions. I hope they are for real, and if they are I'll buy one myself, but why is it so hard to provide a bit of information? There are lots of worried people on their Facebook page.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, in common with most calls to prove something, it's impossible to prove a negative. I can't prove that they won't be providing the watches, but it would be easy for them to prove that they do. Like showing some evidence of watches being delivered today. Until today when there were a couple of crap photos of one person wearing one, all they'd had was computerised artist impressions. I hope they are for real, and if they are I'll buy one myself, but why is it so hard to provide a bit of information? There are lots of worried people on their Facebook page.

I dont think that is too difficult to explain. I expect that their keynote video will appear before the first batch of watches reach the owners. They need to do that , if they don't then there will only be poorly taken photos on the net They need to consider the next step, which is their potential for full production and proper sales and distribution. This means that the awaited Keynote must show the product in the best possible light. The VP comes over as someone who is very experienced and will have understood the extent to which releasing an unsatisfactory keynote could be hugely detrimental to their long term aims .
    my guess is the keynote will appear in the next few days and it will show some limited detail photos of the watch. This will be followed up by more and more detailed photos over time.
    I am personally in no doubt that the company is being run by people of integrity and with what I know to be a solid track record. That said it isn't being run on the kind of budgets the likes of Sony would have available and in view of that is very ambitious. My feeling is that they will most likely succeed, but there is no guarantee. I am sure however that no one will be ripped off and that there isn't even the slightest scent of a scam.
    Regarding FB. There are about 3 or 4 worried people. They have sold nearly 500 pre-orders. I know this from my own order number. On an open forum such as FB, and they don't edit comments, 3 or 4 who are a bit miffed because they may have to wait a bit longer, isn't really a buyers revolution.
    Last edited by java; 21st February 2014 at 23:14.

Hmmm, as un update on this it seems that their website is down, they're still massively behind schedule, and people who asked for refunds haven't been paid. It really isn't looking good for them to get anything to customers.

Blog Entries
    Hmmm, as un update on this it seems that their website is down, they're still massively behind schedule, and people who asked for refunds haven't been paid. It really isn't looking good for them to get anything to customers.
    Have any watches been delivered at all? If even a few have been delivered there might still be hope.

The Redline was rumoured to be delivered first. They said in mid-December that the Crossbow development was still a few months off. They're proabably just taking a hiatus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    They're proabably just taking a hiatus.
    <chortle> Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    The Redline was rumoured to be delivered first. They said in mid-December that the Crossbow development was still a few months off. They're proabably just taking a hiatus.
    I'm not aware that anybody has had a Redline even, and that was supposed to be delivered before the end of last year.

Blog Entries
    I'm not aware that anybody has had a Redline even, and that was supposed to be delivered before the end of last year.
    So if I understand correctly, no watches at all have been shipped?

I note this from #39 on 21st February last year:

So it s 23.20 pm February 20th in Los Angeles, so we re still on time to announce the main message of the Keynote ( we won't release it today, as we wanted a professional quality and what we ve done this night is neither satisfying nor respectful toward you) :
    Shipping will start today, 21st February 2014, we have limited quantity of watches so we will prioritize our home market, Switzerland, then Europe and finally worldwide. There s still remaining a bit more of 100 watch for the Earlybird campaign, those who will order now will receive their device with the last batch planed 1st week of May.
    To know your precise shipping date regarding your serial number and localization, please write us at this address : info@hyetis.com
    At this stage, the production of the Earlybird series has started and we will not be able to proceed a refund of our customers after monday february 24th.
    Thank you for your support.
    Hyetis team.
    (Bold added by me)

If the Crossbow was promoted back in 2013, and the Redline was promoted in the latter half of 2014 (see A Blog To Watch article here) but was still intended to ship before the Crossbow, what was starting to ship on 21st February 2014?
    Last edited by markrlondon; 26th January 2015 at 15:34.

I can't believe there have still been no deliveries. I remember reading about these on the forum absolutely ages ago and still not even a picture!?😲

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I can't believe there have still been no deliveries. I remember reading about these on the forum absolutely ages ago and still not even a picture!?
    To be fair, there is a picture of a Redline on their Facebook page, which is the first time they've had something which hasn't been a render. How close they are to being able to supply one though is anybody's guess, as their communication is atrocious.

I can't believe anyone still thinks this is real. It's like a really long prank to see how long they can keep stringing people along. "Yes, here are the 3D renderings of something. It definitely exists, we promise. Just give us some money. Maybe we'll show you some more 3D renderings in another 6 months. Oh, and we'll probably announce another 'watch' for you to also invest in shortly too. Just send us some money for that too. It also really does exist. really. We promise".

Apprentice
    It's like that "Agent" smart watch

Atrocious communication in the age of the internet would tend to suggest they've nothing worthwhile to say? Regardless of the track records of those involved etc, isn't that a bit of a worry?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    29 mins in Working model showing gesture controls

http://www.rsi.ch/la1/programmi/info.../telegiornale/

So. Did anything ever come of this watch? I followed it for a while out of morbid curiosity but never saw anything other than digital renders. I see they've updated their site, but still no photos of anything real.

Scam or genuine product? (I know what I think).

I was invited to the Press launch last week. (I'm not sure why as I'm not Press and haven't placed an order...) Didn't go as I was not in Geneva but it must exist if they are doing a launch! :)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am in touch with the CEO. I have seen real photos it does exist and it works.. It isn't and never was a scam. The model which will be sold is very different from the original concept. But still a true hybrid with a Swiss engine and thus exciting and laudable IMHO.