closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rooney's new contract is beyond disgusting

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Both Manchesters are better then Everton (based on last year's cup and league results). His career is coming to an end. He is no longer good enough to play for Manchester United but is just fine for Everton.
    Ahh ok, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I'm sorry but £300k a week is beyond disgusting. I know one thing has nothing to do with the other but our exceptional service personnel, nurses and emergency services are paid barely a living wage and this neanderthal who would most likely have been in prison if he'd not been a footballer gets £300k a week for being little more than average at what he does.

I always try to be pragmatic in these situations and think, if it were my son what would I be saying. Well I think I'm a humble enough person to say "Son, well done and I'm chuffed for you, but that's a disgusting amount of money for one person to earn for just doing what you do"
    David, what are you views on his new contract? And...

Your views on him being near the end of his career before 40 – his earning potential is on a downward spiral, how about yours?

You, me, service personnel, nurses and emergency service workers knew when applying for the job that salary didn't compare with that of a professional footballer but chose our career path anyway so what's that got to do with Rooney?

How about him being 'little more than average at what he does' - wouldn't that see him just about being picked for a Sunday League pub side rather than being Englans and Utd's top scorer?

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I'm sorry but £300k a week is beyond disgusting. I know one thing has nothing to do with the other but our exceptional service personnel, nurses and emergency services are paid barely a living wage and this neanderthal who would most likely have been in prison if he'd not been a footballer gets £300k a week for being little more than average at what he does.

I'd have to work for ten years to earn what he earns each week. I had to fight through a very stressful and time consuming appeal process to try to get my bonus this year - the enviable sum of £400 before tax - and I lost. I bet £400 a time is what he'll spend on whores.

Surely there's something seriously wrong with this new contract.

I always try to be pragmatic in these situations and think, if it were my son what would I be saying. Well I think I'm a humble enough person to say "Son, well done and I'm chuffed for you, but that's a disgusting amount of money for one person to earn for just doing what you do"

I understand if you think this is just sour grapes, and a bit of it is. But come on, it's way out of hand now.

David
    Just imagine how many pairs of expensive designer jeans or cheap winter jackets for the wife he could buy for that money.

Blog Entries
    The whole premier football player salaries are obscene , sure I read that most have some legal fiddle to pay as little tax as possible, players salaries should be capped but there's always a team which will be prepared to pay more so the salaries keep getting bigger and bigger,,, and all they say to justify it is " we have a limited career life in football" on 300k a week I wouldn't care if my career only lasted a few years, Oh, forgot to mention that they get a supermodel, or singer thrown into the deal!!!! Yep I'm jealous, still think they are over paid wank@rs though.
    Last edited by Frankie169; 18th July 2017 at 18:47.

It's never too late to go back to school and study. The ability to spell correctly and write conclusive text is basically a requirement for any decent job these days (unless you want to become POTUS).
    Last edited by Raffe; 18th July 2017 at 18:02.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Can't stand the game anyway and as long as people are daft enough to pay the prices for entry, shirts, season tickets, etc..... so they will pay these chumps this sort of money.

Rod
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Your views on him being near the end of his career before 40 – his earning potential is on a downward spiral, how about yours?
    I think you have lost all sense of reality...........

"his earning potential" ???? He's earned more money than a horse could crap! He could have retired at 30!

Al

We've had this discussion before but...
    Anyone jealous of Wayne's wages can turn up at any Premier League training ground and demonstrate that you're better than their current crop of players. Except that if you were even remotely close to good enough you'd already have been looked at and would know that you're not that good.
    It's people like me who paid his wages. I pay the club directly and I pay Sky/BT Sport to screen the games I don't go to. Advertisers pay TV, TV pass it on to the clubs.
    It's a shame that society (inc me) value footballers so highly but we do. I'd much rather ticket prices, TV subs and wages were all 10% of current but I can't support a wage cap. As much as I love home grown talent and the academy systems, as soon as a really special talent becomes available in a position we need to fill, I'm telling the club to spend as much as they need to get him.

Don''t blame the players, blame the fans but, at the end of the day, it's our money we're spending.

Sick as a parrot? It's a game of two halves!

Banned
    People on a watch forum calling successful players 'chumps' and those who follow the game 'mugs' makes me laugh.

I don't think I'd be too wrong in guessing they wear a Seiko daily and post regularly about strap options.

Oh and snap when challenged lol.
    Last edited by sarky; 18th July 2017 at 19:24. Reason: Biters gonna bite

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Just imagine how many pairs of expensive designer jeans or cheap winter jackets for the wife he could buy for that money.
    You must even bore yourself with your repetitive shite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    David, what are you views on his new contract? And...

You, me, service personnel, nurses and emergency service workers knew when applying for the job that salary didn't compare with that of a professional footballer but chose our career path anyway so what's that got to do with Rooney?

How about him being 'little more than average at what he does' - wouldn't that see him just about being picked for a Sunday League pub side rather than being Englans and Utd's top scorer?
    The original post was three and a half years ago, I couldn't give a monkey's to be perfectly honest.

Craftsman
    All professional footballers are overpaid IMHO.

I realised years ago I have zero interest in football, and would genuinely give away a World Cup final ticket in the unlikely event of being handed one. I just find it impossible to understand why anyone finds it remotely interesting or would pay to watch it. Clearly I'm a bit unusual!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Guido-K View Post
    All professional footballers are overpaid IMHO.
    by how much?

and are you including those in the lower leagues (Div 2 average salary last season ~£40k/year)?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    by how much?

and are you including those in the lower leagues (Div 2 average salary last season ~£40k/year)?
    by whatever their salary is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hate the game, not the player.

The game is unfettered capitalism, and this is how unfettered free market capitalism works.

Other ways of managing the economy are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Hate the game, not the player.

The game is unfettered capitalism, and this is how unfettered free market capitalism works.

Other ways of managing the economy are available.

Like perhaps charging people a license fee to watch games?

You are of course correct.

Pro footballers have to show an inordinate amount of skill to get where they are as opposed to somebody who just reads an autocue and still gets paid a fortune.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I'm done with football. For the first time in 40 years I'm not looking forward to the season and don't care who West Ham are buying or playing. The game has been ruined by Sky and West Ham have been ruined by Gold and Sullivan. Average players don't need to try anymore as they're paid so much money that they don't need to, and anyone with a hint of talent is immediately given even bigger wages and price tag based purely on potential. Thankfully the rugby season is only 6 weeks away now.

Master
    I have to confess to not knowing even the slightest thing about football or its players so forgive my ignorance.

Does Wayne Rooney have a particularly good record at scoring goals or winning the ball in tackles? What talents does he possess that make him so valuable?

I know that David Beckham earned a lot of money, but people always used to tell me that he was genuinely exceptionally talented and also had a passion for the game. Does Wayne Rooney have the same elements?

Not being facetious, just asking the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    I have to confess to not knowing even the slightest thing about football or its players so forgive my ignorance.

Does Wayne Rooney have a particularly good record at scoring goals or winning the ball in tackles? What talents does he possess that make him so valuable?

I know that David Beckham earned a lot of money, but people always used to tell me that he was genuinely exceptionally talented and also had a passion for the game. Does Wayne Rooney have the same elements?

Not being facetious, just asking the questions.
    Wayne Rooney is England and Manchester United's record goal scorer so, yes, he does have a "particularly good record at scoring goals".

In comparison to Beckham, I'd say Rooney has considerably more natural talent. Beckham was obviously gifted compared to you or iI but I don't think even he would tell you he was "exceptionally talented". Beckham worked very hard though at making the most of the talent he did have. He was notable for two things (1) free kicks (2) plonking the ball on the end of Ruud van Nistelrooy's toe from the right wing. He certainly worked very hard on (1) staying late after practice to work on his technique for hours. The other thing he work hard on was his brand/image.