closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS22 GMT Value for money

PRS22 GMT Value for money

Just purchased after a long time thinking about it a PRS22 GMT after considering a non GMT and the fact that I have a couple of IWC's a MK XI and MK XV and a Orfina Royal Navy MKII military was the thing that kept me from buying one.

I also could not keep from thinking that the other watches that I owned being much more expensive would make me disappointed with the speedbird, but after again looking at other watches I pulled the trigger and bought one.

My first impressions were that it came in a really nice Peli box and that the presentation was very good for the price far better than any mainline brands at twice the price and that the Nato that is also included is a very nice product.

Out with the screwdrivers to size the bracelet and I was very impressed by the build quality of it and the clasp is very well designed all in all about the same quality as my Seamaster SMP bracelet.

So on to the wrist it went, my first impression was that it was well made and quite hefty watch and flawlessly finished, after a couple of days I was amazed at how comfortable it was on the wrist better than the MK XV, but I was thinking after he first 24 hours it was a bit dull but I left it on.

My the second day I realised that I when I looked at it I liked it a lot and that it just had a very restrained but classic design that grows on you, and that the little GMT hand lifts the dial a lot.

So yesterday morning into Westfield in shepherds bush for some shopping and a look at a couple of watches IWC and Breitling to help me decide if my next up market purchase should be a pilots or diver (my constant struggle as 95% of my collection is made up of these) anyway the assistant commented on the GMT and I tried to explain Timefactors and went back to looking at the watches after looking I am going to get another Sinn pilots of some type and was left thinking that IWC have lost their way in the last few years and that Breiting don't do a lot for me.

It also struck me that there was no difference in quality between both brands and the Speedbird, so back at home I decided to compare the Speedbird with something the MK XV is no longer made but no better made than the Speedbird so I then looked at the Orfina which is still made and seems to cost £1883.00 on a bracelet now.

I think that if you compare the two, Eddie's is better in every department (the Orfina has a higher anti mag rating) and before this I have always liked the Orfina before it was not a IWC but got very close.

So I am now very taken with the Speedbird GMT and am amazed at the quality of it and the finish and detail, now a lot of bad pictures.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Master
    I have to agree - I think that Timefactors watches are fantastic value for money

It is such a classic looking watch, and possibly my favourite of Eddie's watches. Well at least for this week :)
    It's just a matter of time...

I do wish people wouldn't do things like this. It only saps willpower.

No need for will-power, the watch is so well priced, you would be crazy not too try one. I've owned 4 to date, wear one at least once a week, sold one and the other 2 are now with family and friends in Australia.
    It's just a matter of time...

If you don't need the GMT function the regular 22 is even better value. Cleaner look too.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

This watch is by far my favourite Time Factors product. I was lucky enough to buy mine second hand on the bay at a very good price. The simplicity of the design, clarity of the face details, and general appearance compare very well IMO with products like Sinn and IWC.

Master
    Hey mate

after that lovely purchase if you need to balance the books you could sell that EZM2 :) you know where I am

Quote Originally Posted by FLYING MONKEY View Post
    Just purchased after a long time thinking about it a PRS22 GMT after considering a non GMT and the fact that I have a couple of IWC's a MK XI and MK XV and a Orfina Royal Navy MKII military was the thing that kept me from buying one.

I also could not keep from thinking that the other watches that I owned being much more expensive would make me disappointed with the speedbird, but after again looking at other watches I pulled the trigger and bought one.

My first impressions were that it came in a really nice Peli box and that the presentation was very good for the price far better than any mainline brands at twice the price and that the Nato that is also included is a very nice product.

Out with the screwdrivers to size the bracelet and I was very impressed by the build quality of it and the clasp is very well designed all in all about the same quality as my Seamaster SMP bracelet.

So on to the wrist it went, my first impression was that it was well made and quite hefty watch and flawlessly finished, after a couple of days I was amazed at how comfortable it was on the wrist better than the MK XV, but I was thinking after he first 24 hours it was a bit dull but I left it on.

My the second day I realised that I when I looked at it I liked it a lot and that it just had a very restrained but classic design that grows on you, and that the little GMT hand lifts the dial a lot.

So yesterday morning into Westfield in shepherds bush for some shopping and a look at a couple of watches IWC and Breitling to help me decide if my next up market purchase should be a pilots or diver (my constant struggle as 95% of my collection is made up of these) anyway the assistant commented on the GMT and I tried to explain Timefactors and went back to looking at the watches after looking I am going to get another Sinn pilots of some type and was left thinking that IWC have lost their way in the last few years and that Breiting don't do a lot for me.

It also struck me that there was no difference in quality between both brands and the Speedbird, so back at home I decided to compare the Speedbird with something the MK XV is no longer made but no better made than the Speedbird so I then looked at the Orfina which is still made and seems to cost £1883.00 on a bracelet now.

I think that if you compare the two, Eddie's is better in every department (the Orfina has a higher anti mag rating) and before this I have always liked the Orfina before it was not a IWC but got very close.

So I am now very taken with the Speedbird GMT and am amazed at the quality of it and the finish and detail, now a lot of bad pictures.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Not got a 22, but since I got my 21, it's hardly been off my wrist and my far more expensive Breitling and TAGs have sat somewhat unloved on the shelf.

I've got one design niggle with the 21, but nothing that makes me want to wear the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Not got a 22, but since I got my 21, it's hardly been off my wrist and my far more expensive Breitling and TAGs have sat somewhat unloved on the shelf.

I've got one design niggle with the 21, but nothing that makes me want to wear the others.
    What's the niggle?

I really want to love these - but the squared off hour hand just looks wrong to me - the reason I sold both my PRS 17C's.
    Just the slightest of chamfers on that corners and I'd buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    What's the niggle?

I really want to love these - but the squared off hour hand just looks wrong to me - the reason I sold both my PRS 17C's.
    It really is part of the design, and I don't think that it would look right with another hand.
    http://www.markeleven.com/

I desperately wanted to love mine, but alongside the non-GMT 22, which may have been my first mistake, I didn't like the blue lume, considering it wrong for the age/style and also struggled to like the dimensions and colour of the GMT hand. I couldn't decide whether a larger dial would have made it work for me better.

That said, I'm going to try another!

Great review, thanks.

So, the bottom line is - Eddie's watches are the best!

Wear it well!

Apprentice
    What's the niggle?

Each to their own - the squared hand is precisely why I wanted mine, as it's the detail that is characteristic for the Mk XI and successors. (And this is why the newer IWC fliegers with the sword hands look so wrong to me, however nice they may be otherwise.)

What's the niggle?.

Simply that the profile of the bracelet end pieces (is there a proper term for them?) doesn't follow the profile of the case.

It's a minor thing, but I think it would make the bracelet look a little tidier, especially on a smaller wrist

Craftsman
    I'm in the market for a reasonably priced GMT and hadn't even realised that there's a GMT version of this!
    it's on the list.

Great looking watch. I would get one if was available without the date function...

Speedbird GMT is my favourite GMT. A good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by FLYING MONKEY View Post
    It really is part of the design, and I don't think that it would look right with another hand.
    http://www.markeleven.com/
    My understanding is that the Mark 11 had a diameter of 35mm. My PRS 22 has a diameter of 39mm. Whilst I have never handled a Mark 11, my ownership experience suggests this makes a significant difference to the overall visual impact of the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by forpetesake View Post
    My understanding is that the Mark 11 had a diameter of 35mm. My PRS 22 has a diameter of 39mm. Whilst I have never handled a Mark 11, my ownership experience suggests this makes a significant difference to the overall visual impact of the watch.
    Fair point I have a MK XI but this is more like a MK XV that has the same hands.
    Last edited by FLYING MONKEY; 18th February 2014 at 17:59.

Just a quick update regarding the watch it is running at +4 seconds a day.