closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Scammed: JLC Reverso Grande GMT in Rose gold

Craftsman

Scammed: JLC Reverso Grande GMT in Rose gold

i do not want to get into the details too much on this as the police are now looking into the matter but my beloved JLC posted here:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...old-*now-sold*

was scammed from me in a deal i thought was safe and concluded.

im feeling pretty upset over this loss so if anyone find it or it turns up, please give me a shout.

Apparently the thief is from around Oldham using a mobile number: 07919413326

Here are the details of my watch:

Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Grande GMT

Material: Rose Gold

Model Number: 240.2.18

Serial Number: 2222551

thanks for reading.

Rgds
    Shin

Craftsman
    Shin - very sorry to read this and I hope the police are helpful. I was once burned here and it still smarts. I'm much more cautious about transactions now but I guess very few of us are are totally impervious to being scammed by a pro. Hope the piece turns up.

I would be most interested to know if it was sold via your post in Sales Corner to a member responding to your post.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    sold elsewhere Eddie. TZUK is a safe environment as far as im concerned. :)

Damn! That's an awful thing...I'm sure everyone here will keep an eye open for you. I'm so glad it didn't happen through TZ.

That is a bad thing - must be gutting :(

Banned
    Sorry to hear about this, PM'd you I will keep a look out on my travels.

Oh dear. Sorry to hear this

Craftsman
    oh, dear! sorry to hear this. maybe an advice about how to avoid such a thing would be beneficial for this forum.

Journeyman
    As above, once the Police have pursued this as far as they possibly can, it would be most helpful to all forum members if you could advise on how the sale was conducted and how it went wrong, so we can all be aware of possible pitfalls. Maybe this would be best in the members only area and not for general public viewing?

I also wish you all the best in the safe return of your watch.

Master
    Feel for ya pal! really hope something can be done!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by IanV View Post
    As above, once the Police have pursued this as far as they possibly can, it would be most helpful to all forum members if you could advise on how the sale was conducted and how it went wrong, so we can all be aware of possible pitfalls. Maybe this would be best in the members only area and not for general public viewing?

Ditto to what Ian said. So sorry this happened to you. Might insurance cover it?

Just seen this. Gutted for you. Will let you know if seen on any other forums etc.
    Condolences

Sorry to hear this hope u get sorted soon.

Awful situation!!

I hope you get it returned.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by IanV View Post

X2

sorry to hear this happenend

Banned
    Blog Entries
    How did they do it mate? (So we can be weary).

Journeyman
    shocking mate hope you get it back somehow

I'll add my commiseration to the others and hope the police catch the b*** also.

I hope so too, utter bastards

Master
    Sorry to hear about this, my first time on this part of the Forum. Such a lovely watch. I hope that the perpetrators get their comeuppance. What goes around comes around, as my dear Dad used to say. I hope it somehow works out for you. ATB

Master
    if you copy that mobile number and put it into google, it comes up with an entry "The phone book of Jeffery Mohammed" with what appears to be a whole phone book of contacts ! If you click on A-Z you get a list of people's names and numbers for each.

It's like a back up of someone's phone SIM contacts list. Is it the bad guy's? Is he among the people listed?

Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    if you copy that mobile number and put it into google, it comes up with an entry "The phone book of Jeffery Mohammed" with what appears to be a whole phone book of contacts ! If you click on A-Z you get a list of people's names and numbers for each.

It's like a back up of someone's phone SIM contacts list. Is it the bad guy's? Is he among the people listed?

Haywood
    That site - I don't know what it is, but it isnt what it appears to be. I spent an hour or so a few weeks ago searching it for every mobile phone number I had to hand, and not a single one of them came back as being associated with the people I knew they belonged to. It also seems to me that the names listed there are almost always a little eccentric - as if they are being generated by some not very clever system. I was also not able to find any non-UK numbers, which seems statistically unlikely.

In addition, my own number is listed on that site as being in the address book of someone called "Ahmed Unknown"... and apparently my name is Karen ;)

I think the site is populated with randomly generated names associated with numbers picked randomly from the pool of possible UK mobile numbers... I just have no idea why.
    Last edited by Cirrus; 22nd January 2015 at 15:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    In addition, my own number is listed on that site as being in the address book of someone called "Ahmed Unknown"... and apparently my name is Karen ;)

I think the site is populated with randomly generated names associated with numbers picked randomly from the pool of possible UK mobile numbers... I just have no idea why.
    My mobile number is also in there, associated with names that I have no connection with.

As you say, it seems to be random data. I wonder whether the site could have been set up by scammers to make it more difficult to do reverse lookups on scamming numbers (i.e. at the moment you can search the internet for a mobile number and there's a reasonable chance that it will find the associated human being. If there were enough random sites, then you could no longer do this.)

Master
    Cirrus, PhilipK,

Thankyou for comments. What an odd site, as you say.

H

"...once the Police have pursued this as far as they possibly can, it would be most helpful to all forum members if you could advise on how the sale was conducted and how it went wrong, so we can all be aware of possible pitfalls. Maybe this would be best in the members only area and not for general public viewing?"

I really feel for you, mate! What a crappy thing to have happened. I truly hope you can get it back. Any positive updates?