closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time Factors Desktop wallpapers

Time Factors Desktop wallpapers

Forum member Geoff D has been demonstrating his Photoshop skills and created a few desktop wallpapers featuring Time Factors watches. He has kindly given permission for us to download them completely free of charge, thanks Geoff!

All the big files are 1024 x 768 pixels and the download link for the big file is shown below the smaller pictures below.

http://www.tz-uk.com/wpaper/prs2big.jpg

http://www.tz-uk.com/wpaper/prs14big.jpg

http://www.tz-uk.com/wpaper/prs17cbig.jpg

http://www.tz-uk.com/wpaper/prs17c2big.jpg

http://www.tz-uk.com/wpaper/prs17mtbig.jpg

http://www.tz-uk.com/wpaper/prs17mt2big.jpg

http://www.tz-uk.com/wpaper/prs12big.jpg

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Geoff, thanks a lot. This is awesome. The DN is my choice. A massive u-boat in a great storm. Which one is btw, one from the royal navy?

Cheers

Henrik

Master
    They look great! Well done!

I saw the (New) Typhoon being put through her paces at an RAF station last week, with Tornado F3's at low altitude, clearly in training together. The Typhoon did a vertical and powered away from low, low, level-stunning.

Perhaps the new RAF Typhoon could be in one of the wallpapers, if Geoff would not mind doing it at all?

An RM team on their raiding vessels (RR's) with Precista Diver or PRS17c would look great, imho, too.

Great idea!-and so well done. :D

Best wishes,
    AP :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ailfrid Pottinger
    ........ the new RAF Typhoon
    I have this hanging on my wall. :P
    http://www.cantabgold.net/users/born/pa ... -small.jpg

john
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Master
    Geoff, these are truely outstanding!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailfrid Pottinger
    ........ the new RAF Typhoon
    I have this hanging on my wall. :P
    http://www.cantabgold.net/users/born/pa ... -small.jpg

john
    I like :D :)

Watching it fly for a while it looked exceptionally nifty, the Tornados (F3's) were running on the decks at the time, and turning sharply, whilst the Typhoon was burning and turning neatly.

Excellent. Any chance of the PRS-14 in widescreen look rather than vertical? It doesn't look quite right.

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha
    These are great Geoff!
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

Grand Master

Re: Time Factors Desktop wallpapers

Great stuff ... many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    Does that mean that you are warming to the idea of a PRS-EZM? :) :wink:
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

It does look nice. Having said that the buttons look quite sharp.

Those are nice, good work Geoff!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Very nice I'll have to use the PRS-2 one at work at home my monitor is set to 1680 x 1050 so these are to small.

These are very nice, thanks.

Any chance for one with the humble PRS-53?

Great. Thanks! I just put the DN one on my home notebook PC. :D

Nice work Geoff. :) :) :) :)
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

N 28 deg, 31' 18.4902 W80 deg 33' 40.035"
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokport
    Geoff, thanks a lot. This is awesome. The DN is my choice. A massive u-boat in a great storm. Which one is btw, one from the royal navy?

Cheers

Henrik
    The submarine pictured is the seventh "HMS Dreadnought." S101 was the United Kingdom's first nuclear-powered submarine, built by Vickers Armstrong at Barrow-in-Furness.

The HMS Dreadnought (S101) was laid down on 12 June 1959, and launched by Her Majesty the Queen on Trafalgar Day, 21 October 1960. The reactor was embarked in 1962 and Dreadnought made her first dive, in Ramsden Dock, on 10 January 1963. At the time of her commissioning on 17 April 1963, she was one of the most formidable attack submarines in the world.

Sadly, due to machinery damage and the limited refit facilities then available for SSNs, HMS Dreadnought was withdrawn from service in 1980. HMS Dreadnought is now at Rosyth Naval Dockyard, laid up indefinitely while her radioactive contamination decays. Her nuclear fuel has been removed and she has been stripped of useful equipment.

As an aside the other six HMS Dreadnoughts were:

HMS Dreadnought (1573), a 41-gun ship launched in 1573, rebuilt in 1592 and 1614, then broken up in 1648.
    HMS Dreadnought (1691), a 60-gun 4th rate launched in 1691, rebuilt in 1706 and broken up 1748.
    HMS Dreadnought (1742), a 60-gun 4th rate launched in 1742 and sold 1784.
    HMS Dreadnought (1801), a 98-gun 2nd rate launched in 1801, converted to a hospital ship in 1827, and broken up 1857.
    HMS Dreadnought (1875), a battleship launched in 1875 and hulked in 1903, then sold in 1908.
    HMS Dreadnought (1906), a revolutionary battleship, launched in 1906 and sold for breakup in 1921.

Master
    Great stuff, thatnks for the excellet information lysanderxiii.

Maybe there can be a helicopter shot, e.g. the Lynx, though being phased out, is still one of the swiftest helicopters out there.

A Merlin pic would also look good, imho also the legendary Sea King.

Best wishes,

http://www.raf.mod.uk/gallery/merlingal ... iewmedia=4

This might go particualrly well with the 17c and its complementary yellow-handed-livery. :wink: 8)

Anyone got a good pic of Frogmen or something along the lines which the PRS-14 could be put against?

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by lysanderxiii

HMS Dreadnought (1573), a 41-gun ship launched in 1573, rebuilt in 1592 and 1614, then broken up in 1648.
    HMS Dreadnought (1691), a 60-gun 4th rate launched in 1691, rebuilt in 1706 and broken up 1748.
    HMS Dreadnought (1801), a 98-gun 2nd rate launched in 1801, converted to a hospital ship in 1827, and broken up 1857.
    HMS Dreadnought (1875), a battleship launched in 1875 and hulked in 1903, then sold in 1908.
    HMS Dreadnought (1906), a revolutionary battleship, launched in 1906 and sold for breakup in 1921.
    No one managed to sink any of them.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Ventura
    Anyone got a good pic of Frogmen or something along the lines which the PRS-14 could be put against?
    I have a fair selection of dive pics that are either taken by myself or are otherwise available for use. Some are earmarked for other projects but when I get a chance I'll see if something works for a landscape format combination with the '14.

Thanks Geoff. I apologise for not thanking you for the excellent wallpapers. I hope I didn't appear as if I'm moaning, I just love the PRS-14. BTW my fave pic is the Dreadnought. Excellent and keep up the good work mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercutio
    These are very nice, thanks.

Any chance for one with the humble PRS-53?
    I don't own a '53 for photographs but Ewan Wilson has very kindly given permission to use some of his, so something like this may well be available soon.

I have a couple of other ideas for this in progress (RM-RR) so patience requested.

Thomas Reid
    I like the pictures in general. The last one, however, looks like an open grave, with a casket barely outlined, and something nasty coming out of it. Is that the intended effect?

Best wishes,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier
    ........The last one, however, looks like an open grave, with a casket barely outlined, and something nasty coming out of it. Is that the intended effect?

Best wishes,
    Bob
    To me, it looks like the front of a ship dipping into the sea. Great composition. I love it.

john

Thomas Reid
    ........The last one, however, looks like an open grave, with a casket barely outlined, and something nasty coming out of it. Is that the intended effect?

Best wishes,
    Bob
    To me, it looks like the front of a ship dipping into the sea. Great composition. I love it.

john
    Where's the pointy end? And, why so much water towards the front of the picture?

Best wishes,
    Bob

PS It could be a conning tower coming up, I suppose. It would be a big one.
    RLF

Where's the pointy end? And, why so much water towards the front of the picture?

Best wishes,
    Bob
    The actual pointy end is further up (out of the frame) and mostly underwater ... at time the pic was taken, it is coming back up.

john

Thomas Reid

Best wishes,
    Bob
    The actual pointy end is further up (out of the frame) and mostly underwater ... at time the pic was taken, it is coming back up.

john
    I don't see it. I don't think there would such a ""^" shape to the water. It would be more like a wall. But, there you have it.

Best wishes,
    Bob

PS But with ships and the sea, I'm just about willing to accept anything. ;)
    RLF

It looks more like one of those Amphibious assault vehicles.

It is an amphib assault craft that's just been dropped from a helicoptor.

I like the pictures in general. The last one, however, looks like an open grave, with a casket barely outlined, and something nasty coming out of it. Is that the intended effect?

Best wishes,
    Bob
    I'm so glad I don't have your imagination :lol: :lol:
    Have you ever tried a Rorschach inkblot test ? :twisted:

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokport

Cheers

Henrik
    The submarine pictured is the seventh "HMS Dreadnought." S101 was the United Kingdom's first nuclear-powered submarine, built by Vickers Armstrong at Barrow-in-Furness.

The HMS Dreadnought (S101) was laid down on 12 June 1959, and launched by Her Majesty the Queen on Trafalgar Day, 21 October 1960. The reactor was embarked in 1962 and Dreadnought made her first dive, in Ramsden Dock, on 10 January 1963. At the time of her commissioning on 17 April 1963, she was one of the most formidable attack submarines in the world.

Sadly, due to machinery damage and the limited refit facilities then available for SSNs, HMS Dreadnought was withdrawn from service in 1980. HMS Dreadnought is now at Rosyth Naval Dockyard, laid up indefinitely while her radioactive contamination decays. Her nuclear fuel has been removed and she has been stripped of useful equipment.

Thank you - very informative piece. I didn't know.

Cheers

Henrik

Best wishes,
    Bob
    It's an overhead shot of a amphibious assault vehicle (An AAV 7 or "track" to the USMC folks) on entry into the water. It looks to me as if the picture was taken over the aft end of and LHA or LSD as the track drove off the end of the well deck.

(An AAV-7 is to heavy to be externally loaded under a helicopter, 46,500 lbs empty, the biggest helicopter we have can only handle a max of around 15,000lbs.)

The two circular things to the left are the commander's and driver's hatches and the squarish object to the right is the turret with a .50 cal and a 40mm automatic genade launcher. The small circle in the center is the engine intake snorkle.

Best wishes,
    Bob
    It's an overhead shot of a amphibious assault vehicle (An AAV 7 or "track" to the USMC folks) on entry into the water. It looks to me as if the picture was taken over the aft end of and LHA or LSD as the track drove off the end of the well deck.

(An AAV-7 is to heavy to be externally loaded under a helicopter, 46,500 lbs empty, the biggest helicopter we have can only handle a max of around 15,000lbs.)

The two circular things to the left are the commander's and driver's hatches and the squarish object to the right is the turret with a .50 cal and a 40mm automatic genade launcher. The small circle in the center is the engine intake snorkle.
    .................................................. .................................................
    Thanks for the clarification. I stand corrected. The information I have on the image is that it was taken "as the AAV is dropped into the water" Apologies for my assuming that must have meant from an airborne carrier
    The full size image is really dramatic.

Master
    Perhaps off an LCT (Landing Craft Tank).

I still think a heli wallpaper would look good. What with the cetrality of it to mil. ops currently on and the cross connexions with the Army, Navy and Airforce. Combat as well as against the elements also.

Best wishes,

Well done, Geoff.

I've got lots of helo photos, but they are primarily slides which would have to be scanned. In that lot is a pic of SEALs fast-roping onto a sub. I also have hundreds of digital U/W pics, any of which I'd be happy to donate to the cause. All of them can be made in just about any monitor resolution since the originals are at least 3 megapixels and often 5 or 7.

That dark area at the lower left is just begging to be filled with a DN! :D

Eddie, I'll PM you a link to my Photobucket account.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalu
    Well done, Geoff.

I've got lots of helo photos, but they are primarily slides which would have to be scanned. In that lot is a pic of SEALs fast-roping onto a sub. I also have hundreds of digital U/W pics, any of which I'd be happy to donate to the cause. All of them can be made in just about any monitor resolution since the originals are at least 3 megapixels and often 5 or 7.

That dark area at the lower left is just begging to be filled with a DN! :D

Eddie, I'll PM you a link to my Photobucket account.
    That would be wonderfull. The hardest part for me is getting a variety of suitable main images with plenty of visual impact that are either royalty free or where I know the source and can get permission for use.

Thank you

And the hard part for me is using Photoshop to do image composition such as you've done

Link PM'd to Eddie, we'll see if anything strikes him. Thought this would be a good one for the '14:

(needs de-mote-ing, I erroneously uploaded this one in lieu of an edited version)

:lol: :lol:

Use the Navy Seals or SBS for the PRS-14 mate please.

LCTs off-load from the front via a ramp.

The Damasko DC66 has its own wallpaper
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/a ... dssigs.jpg

john

Master
    LCTs off-load from the front via a ramp.
    Yes, they load and off-load via the front, though it could have been into rough conditions or a storm, accounting for the rouch-looking conditions.

An alternative, perhaps more likely, is an LSD
    :wink: :lol: - (a miracle of engineering and suprise) or, a larger vessel such as this (An Lcac, USS Kersage):

Best wishes,
    AP

:)

These are simply beautiful

:lol:
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Journeyman
    These are great desktops Geoff. Could you please tell me what strap is used on the first 17C desktop - it really suits the watch. The more the merrier on these desktops they're ace :thumbright:

Journeyman
    The Di-Modell Chronissimo makes a great combination with the '17C......
    Got the answer now

Quote Originally Posted by storyteller
    These are great desktops Geoff. Could you please tell me what strap is used on the first 17C desktop - it really suits the watch. The more the merrier on these desktops they're ace :thumbright:
    Thanks for the compliments. A whole series will be available soon.

The '17C in the first image here is on the Di-Modell Chronisimo, a match made in heaven for the '17C

Can't see them :( I get this:-

Not Found

The requested URL /wpaper/prs2big.jpg was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Is it anything to do with the new look forum?

Rod

Should be fixed now Rod, it was a path thing.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master

Outstanding Eddie .......thank you ........clay

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by mr1973
    ("No"-image too big to quote)
    Just discovered this: It is now my workplace desktop picture! :D