closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heads Up... Watch Link Removal Tool

Master

Heads Up... Watch Link Removal Tool

This seems to be a bargain. Not used one myself but often thought it would be a better idea than a paperclip :-)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/watc...covers-1804508

*Although if you want to wait you can have one shipped from China for a little less
    Last edited by Dazzler; 25th January 2014 at 16:52.

This is difficult to answer at the moment due to business, based in about 3 countries
    The problem is they look very cheaply made, go for the best you can afford especially screwdrivers if they are not 100% perfect you will slip and find you have just put a big scratch on your watch, it really is worth paying a bit more money.

Master
    these are truly dreadful tools - honestly, spend the £1.74 on some better paperclips.

Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    these are truly dreadful tools - honestly, spend the £1.74 on some better paperclips.
    Agreed......knock yourself out and have a butchers at Cousins....nice tools that wont scratch your piece.

Craftsman
    I got one that costs a little more than that. Absolute waste of money.

Two big problems that render it more or less useless; first there is no height adjustment to account for different thickness bracelets, so with a thin bracelet you can't just rest it down, you have to use something as a shim to raise it up a bit to the tools pusher pin is aligned with the split pin.

Another thing is the part that screws in/out and holds the pusher pins is just too long, or the pusher pins themselves are too long. I can completely unwind the knob and with a wide bracelet, the know and pusher pin have completely unscrewed from the rest of the tool before its wound out enough to fit the bracelet into it.

Cousins, get a decent one.

I thought my friend was mad for persuading me to spend over £100 on a set of jewellers screwdrivers, but after getting them and comparing them to a £15 set, it's the best investment I've made!

(edit)

The one I got is this one
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-WATCH-...item53f1e76222
    Avoid it!

Looking at Cousins site they don't really have what look like decent ones.

Anyone tried one of these?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bracelet-w...item519fa86585

Looks like it has two sections that have different depths, and an adjustable stop. Doesn't have any threads so I assume you just whack it with your hand!
    Last edited by fraggle42; 25th January 2014 at 21:34.