Looking for a bit of advice for a friend. He's got Panerai (sorry don't know which model exactly...) and its only been serviced couple of months ago by AD in Edinburgh (where he got the watch in the first place). Watch is couple of years old.

According to him (have no reason to disbelief) he left watch in the bathroom whilst taking a shower (its on a leather so he didn't shower with it obviously).
After the shower he noticed a bit of condensation under the glass. Now he didn't act immediately by drying it out with rice etc but took it to the AD where it was serviced and they looked at it and after keeping it for a while bottom line is that watch has to be sent to italy for a repair, new dial etc at a cost of just shy of £600...
Now in my view they're having a laugh since I wouldn't expect watch to steam up even if it was worn in the shower let alone sitting in the bathroom during taking shower.... Obviously they haven't properly sealed it in my view after most recent service.
To make matters worse they also tell him that apart from repair they then need to service the watch again at cost of £250 or so...

what do you suggest he should do?

He's willing to just go ahead with it but I told him that he should argue the case with the dealer...