closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: homemade camping stove

homemade camping stove

i saw this on facebook earlier and couldnt resist gving it a go.

literally took 10 minutes to make and boiled water for a big brew in about 7 minutes using a normal stainless steel pan and meths for fuel. id imagine an alu camping pot would make for a quicker result. it is basicly a homemade trangia.

i cant believe it works and i will concede this may not be of interest to many/any of you but i figured with all the outdoor gear that goes for sale on SC there might be a few outdoorsmen about.

Yep, fellow bushcrafter here. :). Made a few over the years, check this guy's YT channel below, he's obsessed with the things and takes it to a very techy level.

http://youtu.be/GUCyiIGmUJ4

The coke can alcohol stoves are great fun but try the gasifiier wood burning soup tin stoves too. Having said that my all time favourite and the one we use when hiking is the good old Ikea hobo stove (made from an Ikea dish drainer), Google it for more but super simpler and works brilliantly.

Master
    Thanks for posting this - my 5yr old has recently been asking me when we can go camping again (took him away last year for 3 nights for his first camping trip and he loved it), he will love to see this I'm sure!

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    That's who I linked above... ;)

i need to fine tune the one i made so that the flutes in a couple of positions are a bit deeper. once it got a bit hotter, i think i had 5 "jets" burning but i think i have 8 flutes. some of them flicker in and out of use so i think im nearly there and certainly not too bad for a first showing.

im just reading about the wood burning stoves which can be made, i know it is a bit geeky but its pretty ingenious.

Craftsman
    I've made a couple of pop can stoves and they vary from bad to good. An interesting one has been a Lynx deodorant can cut in half with the spraying end inverted in to the base. Same principle with side jets.

Another good approach is a woodgas stove - good heat and a very clean burn.

Banned
    that's neat the next step would be a Benghazi stove.