closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My first 'big' purchase

My first 'big' purchase

Following on from this thread I posted a while back http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...p-for-a-newbie

I decided that I really wanted a Speedie, I managed to get a look at one in the flesh at the Trafford centre and decided from that point that it would be a pre-owned example.

So I'm sure you've all been in this situation before, looking for a watch that seems to crop up loads on sales corner when your not looking and then as soon as you start the search they vanish!

Before Christmas I managed to miss 3 by just not being quick enough, so started looking a bit further afield and did some research on trusted sellers on ebay. The name Jmryshi cropped up a few times as being a good guy, he had a nice looking 3570.50 on ebay which ended Christmas day! To cut a long story short I watched it, and put my maximum bid in 20 seconds before the auction end and managed to get it for £200 less than I was willing to pay. Bingo!

Any ways I took delivery of it the other week and thought I'd take a couple of quick pics, unfortunately my photography skills are lacking so a quick pone pic will have to do!

Its a full set with Box and papers, it looks like it was originally sold in Japan, and everything is in great condition

and pretty much straight after that a di-modell rallye strap and Bergeon strap tool were ordered

TBH I haven't worn it on anything but the bracelet yet. But I absolutely love it! I keep finding myself having cheeky glances down at it all the time!

Congratulations.

I bought a Speedy Pro last summer and wore it on the bracelet all the time until last week, when I moved it onto a plain black leather Hirsch I had. I think I prefer it on leather, or at least it's a nice change to have it on leather.

Now you have the Speedy, what's next?

Master
    Lovely watch, but any chance of a photo or two of the dog? (serious request BTW, he/she looks lovely!)

Congrats! An iconic watch with great history and one of the very few chronos I would like to have sometime in the future. Wear it in good health!

congrats.. next on my list..

wear in good health!

Craftsman
    Congratulations, looks great on the leather but nice to have ye bracelet for when the weather warms up (eventually!).

Thanks for the replies chaps, I really am chuffed with it.

As for whats next, I'm pretty sure this maybe the only 'expensive' watch that I have (heard that before eh?) Unless one day I can afford an IWC Portuguese.

oh and demonloop, I've put some pics of the dog in the George and dragon section, in the show us your dogs thread!

Sheer class.

Congrats my friend, looks great on the wrist :) My first big purchase will be later in the year when I have enough money to buy the watch I have had my eye on for a while, a Titanium silver dial 2013 Breitling Aerospace.

Craftsman
    Can I be really nosey and ask what it cost also what is the age of the watch?

Must say never been a big fan of chronos but really like the look of the speedy.

BTW it looks great on your wrist pal, enjoy it and look after it!

Blog Entries
    Congrats!
    Speedy was also my first big (and grail) purchase,I think I know how you feel

Congrats, looks great, especially on the strap.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Good choice! It's the number one chronograph icon!

Congrats its a great feeling, having those sneaky glimpses hoping no one notices you looking ... At the watch obviously 😜

Seriously nice watch!

Excellent choice.
    Congrats.

Welcome to the club.

With the bracelet and the Di Modell you have a great couple of options for different looks, but be warned, they may not be enough....

These threads show the tremendous versatility and chameleon like character of the Speedy!

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ps-on-a-speedy

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...phire-Sandwich
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

That's one of the best first "proper" watches you could ever buy - in fact, if you never buy another watch the speedy will be plenty watch enough.
    Fits you really well too.

Edit - And, given the circumstances and reasoning behind your buying this watch, Id say you made a great choice.
    Last edited by Umbongo; 17th January 2014 at 01:15.

Master
    Congrats - my first decent watch was a Speedy too!

Just thought I'd leave a quick reply in this thread and apologise for not replying back sooner, I completely forgot about it.

I've had a few weeks with the speedy and still absolutely loving it! Its just perfect, comfortable, very legible etc etc and I still keep gawping at it from time to time.

And for the person that asked I ended up paying £1450 for it and its from 2004 which I think is resonable

Craftsman
    I'd say you can't go wrong with a Speedy Pro. But of course, I'm biased as I wear one on my wrist this moment.

One of THE Iconic watches congratulations wear it in very good health.

Master
    Congratulations, you made a great choice! I love these but have never owned one - I think this year I'll change that!

Nice Speedy. I've recently picked one up. Mine's on leather only as I had one before on the bracelet and just couldn't get a comfy fit.

That at rallye strap looks the business..

enjoy

Journeyman
    Congrats! Beauty!

Craftsman
    Well done, wear with pride.
    One of the greatest

N

Banned
    Hah your dogs like ''now that over me? grhhh'' , beautiful piece congratz!

Everyone should have a Speedmaster in their collection when they look that good!

Journeyman
    Classic choice
    Congrats

Craftsman
    Nice.
    Hope to buy the same later this year.

Great choice and a simply superb choice. Ticks all the boxes.The only watch I can wear that does not have a date complication.

Well done on your purchase, I hope you enjoy it. I have a grail of mine incoming in the next few months so and the anticipation is near killing me already !

Even if I had unlimited funds to buy any watch I wanted, there would always be a place for a Speedy in the collection; we'll done that man.

Beautiful choice.......The first big purchase is always something special........I'm always underwhelmed these days, My 2254 made me feel incredible when I bought it..

Enjoy and wear in good health

Juice

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the Speedie club, it was my first big purchase as well (£1500 in 2005) and I still have it, the only watch Ive bought new and the one I,ve kept the longest, its a pass down watch.

Master
    Congrats a must have in any collection.

Congrats OP, a lovely watch and looks cracking on that rallye strap. I keep looking at Speedy's and thinking I should add one, maybe once I've got my Flieger.

Journeyman
    Great choice! A classic that never gets old!

Congrats, lovely looking watch. I'm thinking on a 1982 speedy for my birth year purchase.

Looks great buddy. One of the true icons of watchdom

Journeyman
    This was my first big purchase aswell back in the summer, absolutely class watch. Looks really good on the bracelet or leather strap.

Master
    Well bought. Now, keep it.

I hate chronographs but I love the Speedmaster Professional. Nice watch!

Craftsman
    Very Nice watch.

I have been looking at Speedmasters a lot recently and had noticed "jmryshi" have a big choice and plenty of good feedback. I will keep an eye on "his" watches if I decide to take the plunge.

Did you get an Omega box and papers - Only asking as his only negative feedback recently related to a box.

Enjoy

Congrats!

Journeyman
    That looks really good! I'm hanging out for one too!

Cheers

A great choice

Craftsman
    Massive congrats, you've made a superb choice.
    Enjoy wearing it!