closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-82 Timekeeping

Master

PRS-82 Timekeeping

Well, seeing that I'm hoping to get one of these as soon as they're next in, and theres a thread for the timekeeping of the Dreadnought, I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone has been keeping an eye on the accuracy of their PRS-82?

Mine is +10 seconds a day which is fine for me.
    Last edited by FLYING MONKEY; 3rd January 2014 at 21:59.

Mine has been superb - gaining less than seconds per day if I'm up and about, though losing up to 10 seconds if I've been sat on my backside all day on planes, trains or in front of a computer. It likes to be active!
    Steve

Journeyman
    My PRS68 has lost about 35 seconds in 5 mostly inactive days!

Master
    I haven't checked mine yet maybe i should.

My 82 has gained 8 seconds this year ;)

Master
    Mines lost 3 secs over the first 24 hours from it first being wound

Mines gained around 40 seconds this week.

Craftsman
    Mine's also around ten seconds a day.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    After 48 hours now -7 secs

Apprentice
    I believe mine is losing approximately five seconds a day.

Mine was at around 25 seconds a day or more. It has settled down to about -10 seconds a day now.
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked ... it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."

mine is running at about 6 spd but slows down if you leave it of the wrist for a day.

Master
    Had not checked mine but has just gained 12 secs over 24 hours

Journeyman
    Mine gains around 5 secs per day - not bad :)

Journeyman
    Interesting - since not wearing the watch for 4 weeks - 5 secs / day fast has changed to 15 secs / day slow ... not sure if that will change again as the watch is worn more (?)

Grand Master
    Within a second or two,a great watch too.

Craftsman
    1st 24hrs +15s, with being off wrist for morning.

Master
    Bit over 24 hours here and +1 sec, wrist during the day, bedside table at night.

Can't fault it!

Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    3 sec./day is MORE than the tech specifications are promising, you must be happy with this performance.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo69 View Post
    3 sec./day is MORE than the tech specifications are promising, you must be happy with this performance.
    Well I was - but over the last couple of days I'm afraid to say its got a lot more inaccurate; from 22nd to 23rd it lost 7secs; and from 23rd to this morning (24th) its lost 12secs :-( :-( :-(

I really don't know why this should be........???

Craftsman
    Decent automatics normally hold time to 5-20 secs a day. That's more than accurate enough for most people.

If it isn't and your job or whatever requires better then I suggest a quartz watch.

Apprentice
    +20 a day which is just fine by me.....

Master
    Still getting within 1s a day on this, amazing.

Mine was gaining about 15 seconds/day over the first week, but now it has settled down.

Cool Mine is still running and time keeping and….

.. for an NOS Movement from the 80s is the accuracy very great. Mine is as well minus 5-8 sec. on a day.
    This watch has a great value from my point :) I love IT!.

Tip: If you lay down the watch down, on the dial! Over night, you may will gain 5 seconds like me. Try it out, different positions over night.

Have fun with the T-REX, hand builded over 2 Nights, up to 100 little tiny and small peaces ,

Again, thank you very much my sweet wife!!

But, please don't buy again these T-Rex 3D Puzzles for our little boy :)
    But thanks for the great support, you need at least 4 hands to build it up and the T-Rex is making sound and little movements.

Have fun!

Best regards,
    Peter
    Last edited by Rockabilly; 13th February 2014 at 17:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockabilly View Post
    .. for an NOS Movement from the 80s is the accuracy very great. Mine is as well minus 5-8 sec. on a day.
    This watch has a great value from my point :) I love IT!.

Tip: If you lay down the watch down, on the dial! Over night, you may will gain 5 seconds like me. Try it out, different positions over night.

Have fun with the T-REX, hand builded over 2 Nights, up to 100 little tiny and small peaces ,

Again, thank you very much my sweet wife!!

But, please don't buy again these T-Rex 3D Puzzles for our little boy :)
    But thanks for the great support, you need at least 4 hands to build it up and the T-Rex is making sound and little movements.

Have fun!

Best regards,
    Peter
    Nice T-Rex and even nicer watch mine is about -8 secs a day at the moment will try it face down overnight and see how she goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackwibble View Post
    Nice T-Rex and even nicer watch mine is about -8 secs a day at the moment will try it face down overnight and see how she goes.
    Hi, thx a lot, wondering how your watch performed over night. Mine was loosing 0 seconds over night with the face down.
    Best regards, Peter

Apprentice
    Mine is losing three seconds per day. That is with face up at night and pretty active wear during the day.

Slight update - mine now about -4secs/day.

Not timed mine for a while but I think it was about 90 secs slow after about 2 weeks last I checked. So roughly -6 secs a day.

More than happy with that.

Journeyman

Going to need an adjustment

My Prs82 is 3 minutes slow in a 24hour time period while it is not worn all day I am keeping
    a similiar pattern to other Auto's I have for example my Seiko Skx399 keeps between 10-20
    seconds fast worn in the same way so I guess I will be sending back for an adjustment.

Journeyman

Happy Now

I am delighted to announce that my Prs82 has arrived (accuracy wise). When I received it and then put it on having high expectations based on what I had heard from declaring incredible accuracy right out of the barrel or starting line as it were, I was sorely disappointed when mine was at 2.5-3 minutes slow in a 24 hour period after a reasonable break in period .... so I am in the USA and my watch is from ... well you all know clear across the pond. Well I finally could not take it anymore and took it into a watch maker and after he was done with it I kid you not, I am seeing in my first 12 hours NO CHANGE AT ALL NO LOSS NO GAIN JUST SPOT ON. I am seriously stoked about my 82 even more that ever since it is doing so well.

One happy camper : )

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by artonthewrist View Post
    I am delighted to announce that my Prs82 has arrived (accuracy wise). When I received it and then put it on having high expectations based on what I had heard from declaring incredible accuracy right out of the barrel or starting line as it were, I was sorely disappointed when mine was at 2.5-3 minutes slow in a 24 hour period after a reasonable break in period .... so I am in the USA and my watch is from ... well you all know clear across the pond. Well I finally could not take it anymore and took it into a watch maker and after he was done with it I kid you not, I am seeing in my first 12 hours NO CHANGE AT ALL NO LOSS NO GAIN JUST SPOT ON. I am seriously stoked about my 82 even more that ever since it is doing so well.

Curious - what did it cost you to have it looked at ? ... mine is consistently around 20+ seconds a day slow ... not as good as I had hoped for but OK-ish ...3 minutes off a week needs regular re-setting.

Journeyman

Repair cost

Quote Originally Posted by alfaman View Post
    Curious - what did it cost you to have it looked at ? ... mine is consistently around 20+ seconds a day slow ... not as good as I had hoped for but OK-ish ...3 minutes off a week needs regular re-setting.
    Here in Portland Oregon where I live I found a watch maker who ended up charging me 20.00 USD well worth it, plus he was local, hope you resolve yours to your Liking.

Cheers,
    Dan
    Last edited by artonthewrist; 25th April 2014 at 06:38.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by artonthewrist View Post

Wow - congratulations :-)

Journeyman

24 hours

Well my watch ended up at between six and seven seconds in a 24 hour. After having gone through a night pretty nice I'm so much happier then the two and half to three minutes it was out-of-the-box :-)

Journeyman

My Non Chronometer CHRONOMETER

Wow to all I am reporting incredible time keeping. I am experiencing 0-2 seconds fast in a 24 hour time period at this time and let me explain a day of wearing this watch which tells us why I am seeing what I am seeing. I am an electrician and will start my day wearing my watch but when it is work time off the watch comes and is placed in a knit cap for safe keeping until the work day ends and then back on she goes so there is between 8-10 hours when the watch is not worn. Once the watch is back on my wrist it stays there through the night and then we start all over again, now this is during the week and I imagine the weekend will be some different as I will wear it 24/7 unless I am doing some work where there might be a chance to damage it.

cheers,
    Dan

Could anyone tell me how may seconds per day is within spec for the ETA 2783? My googling has unfortunately let me down Mine has slipped over the last few months from +4 seconds per day to -23 seconds per day...just wondering how this stacks up. Thanks in advance!

Mine's running 5 or 6 seconds fast a day consistently. If that's any help.

I'm lucky, my advances 1 or 2 seconds per day, at night if I leave it leaning against the crown, it slows down and back to 0, for now it is perfect.

Apprentice
    Mine loses around 30 seconds a day. I can live with that for now, I'll get it adjusted when it needs a service in a few years

If only there was a quartz option, like the PRS18.

+12 secs or so over a week - dead chuffed with that!

Master
    Mine started off at being -3s/day, then went to about -7s/day and then -12s/day.

I then didn't wear it for a while as I rotated my watches - but have started wearing it again last week.

It started of at +3s/day, then went up to +13s/day but over the last 24hrs has run at +8s/day............

Been scrutinising mine all week, only off the wrist for gym and bed and after spiking to -28 secs in the day immediately after setting the time it's settled back down to -7 secs per day for the last 3 days....much better! It has also been rather fun learning lots of new things about movements during the last few days of OCD googling

It's criminal we've not had a pic in this thread yet! Here we go, ticking away on my wrist now, just lovely...