closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New album, and absolutely blown away...

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    I started to listen to LG after seeing this thread and although there are a few tracks on both albums that I can repeatedly listen to I found overall the music too depressing. Have to admit though the production of both albums is top notch and a listening pleasure for the few tracks I like.
    My thoughts too exactly. Production is great but apart from a couple of tracks was far too depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    Agnes Obel
    Dammit, just listened to some, now I have to buy some more music!
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    I know LG get a lot of hype but I'm struggling. I tried If You Wait (much talked about) but I just find her voice very droney :-( However everyone says how brilliant they are so I got their new album under the assumption it must be me. More of the same thing. Just lots of droney long notes with too much echo. A bit like Siouxsi Sioux (and the Banshees).

As previously mentioned Agnes Obel is miles better... she actually has more than just three notes in her voice.
    I love Agnes Obel, but I'm not sure why you've made the comparison as the two are not remotely similar. In fact, I don't think Obel has quite the same range either.

All of that said, another good recommendation for others who may not know her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Got it , not listened to it much . Waiting for Public Service Broadcasting's latest...and Unkle's newset as well.
    Same here ref PSB's upcoming "Every Valley" album, the two tracks that they've released so far have whetted my appetite big time. I saw them live last year, love their music. As a spin off from PSB have a listen to Haiku Salut, they feature on "They Gave Me A Lamp" on the new album and I've pretty much listened to nothing else since discovering them!

Thread drift... Haven't given LG much of an airing, I'll see if they're on Google Play and give them a listen.

Master
    Outstanding outfit are London Grammar. I still use Hey Now when I test a subwoofer set up - there's some seriously good recording quality there.

Calm, solid and well thought out music; incredible vocals. All round musical excellence.

Master
    Listened to a couple of tracks I can see why people like them but for me it's just a bit bland and as another poster said a bit droney but well produced and a good sound but I have heard it all before, I do struggle with female vocalists but listen to this new track from the massively talented Steven Wilson and check out the amazing powerful vocals of Ninet Tayeb truly spine tingling :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLy...&v=cNTaFArEObU
    Last edited by andy armitage; 24th June 2017 at 21:22.

^^^ Regarding Ninet Tayeb, I've come to really enjoy her work - despite some lengthy 'forced exposure' to her courtesy of another Israeli girl. (We shared a 7 hour drive through Egypt and her three CD's consisted entirely of NT tracks...).

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    ^^^ Regarding Ninet Tayeb, I've come to really enjoy her work - despite some lengthy 'forced exposure' to her courtesy of another Israeli girl. (We shared a 7 hour drive through Egypt and her three CD's consisted entirely of NT tracks...).

R
    Hi ralphy it is the first time I have really heard her but that voice on that Steven Wilson track is truly spine tingling what power I love it :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    Hi ralphy it is the first time I have really heard her but that voice on that Steven Wilson track is truly spine tingling what power I love it :)
    I was fortunate enough to see her perform Routine with Wilson on the Hand Cannot Erase tour, she is quite a talent.