closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RIPPER STREET is to be no more ?????

RIPPER STREET is to be no more ?????

Horrified to discover that the BBC are not to make any further episodes of this , to my mind, excellent drama. One of the best things they have produced in recent times.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-ra...-cancelled-bbc

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Horrified to discover that the BBC are not to make any further episodes of this , to my mind, excellent drama. One of the best things they have produced in recent times.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-ra...-cancelled-bbc
    No thats a shame, I'm gutted best drama for me at the moment on the box!

I really rated it initially, but have been a little worried of late, where a few episodes seemed to be a bit off

saying that this week's one was great.

will be missed in the de30m household

I watched the 'season' but the current 'season' is on my SKY box waiting to be watched, although I have to say I wasnt too impressed with the first 2 episodes of this season

Mate of mine does the set Design on it...Look out for his name ...Mark Geraghty.

Quote Originally Posted by PMB View Post
    Mate of mine does the set Design on it...Look out for his name ...Mark Geraghty.
    I know Mark he is a nice guy

I enjoyed it for a while but the formula of as much blood and gore you can get into a show palled after a while.

That said it is still better than almost everything on TV that passes as drama nowadays.

I will be hopefully seeing DI Jebediah Shine get his comeuppance in the last one though.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    H'mmm, based on the reviews here, I obviously need to revisit Ripper St.

Missed the first series completely and only caught 1 episode of the current one - I just couldn't get into it TBH. Worth another try I think.......

Master
    A shame. Apparently it did badly against I'm A Celebrity...In the ratings. Surely says something.

One of my friends is a freelance TV reviewer for the Guardian, and she's been very upset that it's been cancelled, and more recently, hopeful that it might make a comeback! I'm going to check it our on her recommendation.

I felt exactly the same when they cancelled The Hour after two series.

Master
    I was just getting into that too.
    ITV have binned Whitechapel as well, pity.

I'm a celeb, strictly, and JKS are what the masses want,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    I was just getting into that too.
    ITV have binned Whitechapel as well, pity.
    Not really a surprise there though, unless they rewrote the exorcist script and set it in that police station.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pluseditor View Post
    A shame. Apparently it did badly against I'm A Celebrity...In the ratings. Surely says something.
    I bloody hate "reality" programmes.
    For every decent Drama on TV there are 10 cookery/baking/big fat Essex celeb bake off Xfactor talent programmes.Awful.

I recently discovered it and watched all of the first series practically back to back and have been enjoying the second series. Certainly one of the best recent dramas for me.

I've signed the on-line petition, not sure if it will do any good but, here's hoping.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...-ripper-street

It galls me that broadcasters waste money on reality tatt when they are the only people with sufficient budgets to produce a decent drama. Leave reality to youtube i say.

andy

p.s. sorry to hear about Whitechapel too, the last series was a bit 'hammer horror' but that was one of the things that made it stand out from the crowd.

Master
    Am I the only one who thinks half the cast can't act? Wifey loves it mind.

Craftsman
    Shame, I quite enjoyed it and lapped up the dialogue. I bloody hate reality TV and am proud to say I have never watched more than 5 mins of BB, I'm a Celeb, X-Factor, BGT etc (oh OK maybe Come Dine with Me)

Master
    I enjoyed the first series more than this one but it's still better than most of the tripe on TV. Can't believe how rough Jerome Flynn looks though - wife couldn't even recognise him from his Soldier, Soldier - Robson and Jerome days.

As for Whitechapel I enjoyed that too although this series was certainly very 'league of gentlemen' and, as a result, to me less enjoyable. The dark setting, as in no lights on anywhere, was also slightly ridiculous.

Best TV drama, discovered late by me, has been Luther which I watched series 1 and 2 back to back over a week or so. I thought it was excellent and couldn't believe it had passed me by.

I did love league of gentlemen, by the way, as a dark comedy series but think Whitechapel should have stayed more gritty and serious.
    Last edited by GIB984; 12th December 2013 at 00:56.

Quote Originally Posted by GIB984 View Post
    As for Whitechapel...The dark setting, as in no lights on anywhere, was also slightly ridiculous...

That Learningtofly, ehhh, even influencing TV production lighting these days! He must be "Pwoud, vewwy, vewwy pwoud!"

______

​Jim.

Master
    Another vote for Ripper Street, worth the license fee on it's own.

Hmm, so are we saying that the TV with the highest ratings is stuff that women enjoy? Also, would I be correct in thinking that women control the TV remote in most houses? As a man, am I unusual in finding that at least 95% of TV is utter tosh?

Quote Originally Posted by abbs View Post
    I bloody hate "reality" programmes.
    For every decent Drama on TV there are 10 cookery/baking/big fat Essex celeb bake off Xfactor talent programmes.Awful.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    Plus the plethora of usually obnoxious people looking for property.

I will miss it, one of my Favorites too, agree with Luther too being great. But Broad chuch is back next year something to look forward too

I will miss it, one of my Favorites too, agree with Luther too being great. But Broad chuch is back next year something to look forward too

Rumour is, it's coming back. Should start shooting here around Spring time. ;)