closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zenith at last.

Craftsman

Zenith at last.

I have been hankering after a Zenith for several years, always liked the moonphase complication. However just recently thoughts turned to a newer model. Now the proud owner of a Captain Winsor (blue face) with the annual date complication. Reluctant to take it off my wrist. Great customer service at Berrys Nottingham from Sean and Sam. Having visited the shop previously I had decided that they would get my business if I ever took the plunge. Memo to myself, must stop looking at watch displays.

Master
    Photos or it didn't happen ;-)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Photos or it didn't happen ;-)
    I'm sorry but I take offence at the implications of your posting. If you want a picture take a look at the Zenith web site.

Master
    Chill out fella. The wink smilie at the end of his post should tell you it's in jest.

Master
    I was hoping to coax a wrist shot out of you, but apologies if my comment caused any offence. It wasn't my intention.

Enjoy your new purchase, I'm sure its a lovely watch.

Master
    Very nice watches. I tried on a Captain Chronograph and really liked the very slightly retro look they have with the indices and the square chronograph pushers.

They really are classy and elegant watches on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by ajpac View Post
    I'm sorry but I take offence at the implications of your posting. If you want a picture take a look at the Zenith web site.
    You'll get used to it - it a general forum line when someone mentions a watch without displaying pictures. There is no underlying implication - unless of course you are one of a very few number of members that talk a lot of watch models but have never, ever, posted a pic of any watch
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    It's not because we don't believe you. It's because we're addicts, and a picture of a watch in the wild provides a longer lasting fix than website promotional pictures, beautiful though they may be.

Oh dear, yet another thread by a new member in which a 'pics/photos or it didn't happen' post causes all sorts of grief. We should have a pinned notice on the forum home page explaining what it means.

Banned

If you're going to use t'interweb to communicate with people, maybe learn how it works?
    Last edited by SlimJim16v; 7th December 2013 at 16:57.

Congrats! The Winsor is such a good deal... annual calendar and chronograph for less than what most in-house chronographs with a simple calendar cost. And no annoying date-setting pushers, all set by the crown.

I went with the two-tone dial version but it was a tough choice. Hope to see some photos!

'pics or it didn't happen' is just an internet idiom, presumably borne as a reaction to outlandish claims of far ruder content than watches -- it's just meant in jest and because more photos of watches is always fun
    Last edited by spluurfg; 7th December 2013 at 17:39.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Great watch. Congratulations on your choice. The Zenith combined with Ludwig Oeschlins best work in the annual calendar module is a perfect combination. An absolute classic.

Craftsman
    Giving it a go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Craftsman
    That is one very nice watch. Zenith - classy as ever.

Awesome with the blue and grey, I think Zenith did an awesome job on both color schemes

Trivia point, unlike most el primeros the minute counter isn't tripped by a notch on the centre second wheel but appears directly driven by the second hand dial side, so the minute counter increases smoothly as opposed too stepwise when the centre second hits 12 oclock
    Last edited by spluurfg; 8th December 2013 at 13:53.

An attempt at putting your picture below.

That is a lovely watch indeed, I've just bought my first Zenith too, see my post :)

Master
    Absolutely cracking watch AJ. Liking the rose gold one as well.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JC180 View Post
    An attempt at putting your picture below.

That is a lovely watch indeed, I've just bought my first Zenith too, see my post :)

Ta ever so. Just spotted your post, nice to see a revival of the brand. Have been looking for a long time and originally was interested in an El Primero moon phase but seeing pictures of the Captain Winsor had me changing direction. Now loathe to take it off my wrist.

Master
    Lovely watch, especially in blue. Congratulations for your purchase.

Master
    Stunning watch, one I had never seen before. Wear with health.

Fantastic looking watch... Was worth the wait for the pic.

Banned
    Not my 'cup of tea', but stunning all the same. I can see why you bought it.

lovely looking watch, and one i'm tempted by, but the blue shading from the enter to the outer on the dial doesn't look very good in pictures, is it a more subtle colour change in the flesh?

Craftsman
    Love the blue dial - great watch.

Banned
    Not a watch that i will put my money on, but i agree, it looks better on the blue dial

Looks great

Wow. Lovely.

Congrats!

The blue one is stunning!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dougjim8 View Post
    lovely looking watch, and one i'm tempted by, but the blue shading from the enter to the outer on the dial doesn't look very good in pictures, is it a more subtle colour change in the flesh?
    Just down to the lighting angle there is a very sharp definition between the guilloche centre and the blue outer band. Well worth looking at in a dealers, this is my first watch with a 'dark' face and would be tempted by another!

Quote Originally Posted by ajpac View Post
    Giving it a go.
    Stunner! Enjoy it :)