closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Swedish speaker wanted for translation of Lemania papers....

Journeyman

Swedish speaker wanted for translation of Lemania papers....

Hi there,

In Imai's World Military Watch Mook, a Swedish Air Force issue Lemania Tg 195 is featured with a set of instructions written out in Swedish. I would like to have this translated for my upcoming Lemania website: lemania15.com

The translation doesn't need to be perfect... even a literal translation would be fine, since I would correct any mistakes or awkward turns of phrases (and a few pints if I get around to visiting Stockholm next year!).

Unfortunately, I can't really offer much in return for the service but I will give the translator full credit on the site.

Here are the instructions, transcribed (please let me know of any and all mistakes I may have also made in the transcription):

ANVISNINGAR
    för
    handhavande av armbandsur M 1, typ LEMANIA
    _________

Urets uppdragskrona tjängstor även som tidinställare och igångsättare. Urets tryckknapp användes för nollställning av sekundvisaren och stoppande av verket.
    Då tryckknappen tryckes in, stannar uret och sekundvisaren går till 12 (0). Samtidigt frigöres kronan och klockan kan ställas in på önskad tid. För att sekundvisaren skall gå synkront med tim- och minutvisarna, skall minutvisaren ställas in på jämn minut. Uppdragskronan får icke utdragas för hand, då detta skadar mekanismen.
    Obs.! För att uret skall skonas, bör nollställande av sekundvisaren ske, då den är i, närheten av 12.
    Dessutom bör iakttagas följande:
    1. För att uret skall bibehålla sin precision måste det dras upp vid samma tidpunkt varje dag (helst på morgonen). Det måste aktas för stötar och även i övrigt behandlas med största aktsamhet.
    2. Uret, som vid leverans är vattentätt, får icke öppnas eller repareras annat än genom KAFT försorg.
    3. Glaset, som är ett s k plexiglas, skall aktas för bensin, lack, syra o d samt öppen eld.
    4. Ur, som icke användes, måste, för att precisionen skall bibehållas, dras upp minst en gång per vecka.

FABRIQUE D?HORLOGERIE
    LEMANIA
    LUGRIN S.A., ORIENT
    SCHWEIZ

I am posting a similar request on another mil watch forum, so please PM me before proceeding. Many thanks and happy Easter from Canada!

Operating directions for wrist watch M1, Lemania type.

The crown is both used for starting and setting the watch. The press button is for resetting the seconds hand and stopping the movement.

When pressing the button

(Sorry)

.. the watch stops running and the seconds hand returns to 12 (0). At the same time the crown is set free and the watch can be set at the desired time. To ensure that the seconds hand is in syncronicity with the hour and minute hand, the minute hand must be set exactly to a minute. The winding crown should not be pulled by hand, this harms the mecanism.

Beware - Zeroing should be done while the seconds hand is close to 12.
    In addition -
    1. To ensure that the watch keep its precision it must be wound at the same time each day (preferrably in the morning).

(continued)

Make sure the ewatch is not submitted to shock and treat it with great care.

2. The watch delievered is waterproof, should not be opened or repaired by other than KAFT.
    3. The crystal is so called plexi, do not expose to gasoline/benzen/petrol, varnish, acids or open fire.

4. Watches not in use must, to keep up performance, be winded once a week.

Hope this helps.

Im not swedish btw :lol: but understands a bit

Journeyman
    Wow! Great, thanks Neve! For years I've wondered about what these instructions actually say! How would you like for me to credit you? As 'Neve"?

Master
    Looking forward to your website Donald :)

By the way, check your pm.

Regards,

Joseph

No problem Don

There are some typos I see but so do you- correct accordingly, use as you like
    Neve is fine - but theres no need to credit me for this

What KAFT is I dont know -maybe a swede knows ?

Cheers

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by even neve
    No problem Don

There are some typos I see but so do you- correct accordingly, use as you like
    Neve is fine - but theres no need to credit me for this

What KAFT is I dont know -maybe a swede knows ?

Cheers
    I'm certainly crediting you, Sir! Great work!

I've looked up KAFT and it stands for for ?Kungliga Arméförvaltningens Tygavdelning? which translates into ?Royal Swedish Army Administration, Ordnance Division?.