closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: You Can't Hide a Great Time Factors Watch! - The Czech Air Force

You Can't Hide a Great Time Factors Watch! - The Czech Air Force

Yesterday I had to take some photos for a publicity shot for the cover of my new book. When they showed me the one they liked, lo and behold there was my Czech Air Force watch proudly strutting its stuff on my wrist. I thought that was great. So, if this book becomes a best seller (which it won't), all the world will see Eddie's watch. I thought it was pretty cool how it just peeked out from under my sleeve! Its been so long since I have posted, I had to re-register! Take care everyone.....Phil

[IMG][/IMG]

Blog Entries
    A good photo. And I hope your book does well.

Got a link to it? :-)

Never mind the watch - look at those boots - excellent!

Blog Entries
    Who is this guy?

CAF - A Great Timefactors Watch

Phil: I agree that it's a great watch, but for some reason not one that's well appreciated by this community. I've never understood why this watch hasn't garnered a bigger following on this site. If you think you have the answer, I'd love to hear it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    but for some reason not one that's well appreciated by this community.
    That's an interesting comment. I got the impression that it doesn't seem unpopular.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by igorRIJEKA View Post
    Who is this guy?
    Someone who has been on tz-uk a lot longer than you and has had to re-register.

Very smart and a very characterful sleeve pic
    Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Phil: I agree that it's a great watch, but for some reason not one that's well appreciated by this community. I've never understood why this watch hasn't garnered a bigger following on this site. If you think you have the answer, I'd love to hear it.
    The CAF doesn't come up for sale very often so I can only assume most people are very happy with theirs (I know I am). It's one of those watches that really has to be worn to be appreciated and I won't ever be letting mine go.
    I know Eddie only has a few left from the original batch but I'm unsure as to whether any more will be produced once they're all gone (maybe Eddie could answer this)?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Someone who has been on tz-uk a lot longer than you and has had to re-register.
    Just a question,nothing else... how should I know,this is why I ask.

I think the Czech Air Force is Amazing

As some of you know, I have been collecting watches and have been on the boards since the mid-nineties. I usually post as Phather Phil. I truly believe the Czech air force watch is amazing. I love everything about it, and as some of you may remember, the fact that it has no date. I am dato-phobic on watches. That is why I have a calendar. I had the original PRS with no date. Wish I hadn't sold it. Great watch.

Anyway, I love wearing the Czech watch, just about over any other watch I own. I usually take off the strap to put on an aftermarket, but I like the one that comes with it so much I just kept it on and have loved it ever since. I don't see these for sale on the boards. I thank Eddie for such a great watch. I hope I can get in on the Dreadnaught (Dreadnought?) I never remember how to spell it. I owned the first; I would love to have the GMT.

My book is a review of Religious Influences on the Mexican Revolution in Northern Mexico .....ok Yawn! I know! Boring! I love to write and I love history and religion and Mexico, so go figure. For the guy who asked, I am the Deputy Superintendent of Schools in San Diego and I am a pecan farmer in Chihuahua Mexico. Most of all, I am a watch nut like all the rest of you - plain and simple. My boots in the picture are very soft and comfortable, just like the watch strap. I have known of Eddie's fine work since the very beginning. It doesn't hurt that my initials are PRS either. I have enjoyed wearing one version or the other of my namesake initials watch for a number of years. I have been away for far too long. I look forward to getting back into the swing of posting. I hope you will all welcome the prodigal son, come home.

thanks,
    Phil -Phather Phil on the watch boards
    Last edited by Phather Phil; 11th November 2013 at 16:17.

Blog Entries
    Phil,sorry I sounded like this,as I didn't realize it was you on the photo :banghead:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by portolan View Post
    I usually take off the strap to put on an aftermarket, but I like the one that comes with it so much I just kept it on and have loved it ever since.
    Indeed, the leather on the PRS-9 is beautifully soft and pleasant to wear, isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by portolan View Post
    My book is a review of Religious Influences on the Mexican Revolution in Northern Mexico .....ok Yawn! I know! Boring! I love to write and I love history and religion and Mexico, so go figure.
    Thanks for the info. That is quite an esoteric subject. I hope that sales exceed your expectations. :-)

What can I say, I am so pleased I have this in the box

IMG_0857 by toezapper, on Flickr

I wish I could wear a hat like that in the UK without kids shouting abuse :-(.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

"Pecan Farmer" - "Watch Nut" - I see what you did there!

M.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    The Czech Air Force is a beautiful watch, I love mine.

A great re-introduction of yourself Phil - welcome again!

I'd have loved to try a CAF and, finances permitting, I will at some point. I'm one of those who see the fact that very few appear on SC as a very positive thing - people obviously love theirs. Like you Phil I usually change straps but have always thought the CAF strap looked like it suited it perfectly.

Great watch, great hat and great boots.

David

Welcome back. Good to see that your Join Date is still 2003.

Who can tell me something about the movement? I gather they are new-old stock, but how old are they and what background is there on them? Just curious to know a little more about what drives the wheels round inside my little lovely

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    "Pecan Farmer" - "Watch Nut" - I see what you did there!

M.
    well spotted lol

Quote Originally Posted by toezapper View Post
    Who can tell me something about the movement? I gather they are new-old stock, but how old are they and what background is there on them? Just curious to know a little more about what drives the wheels round inside my little lovely

Here's a link that might be of interest to you: Click HERE!

And Phil.... Welcome Back! I love the "accidental-sleeve-stuck-behind-watch" look. :)
    Last edited by TheMaestro; 14th November 2013 at 22:01.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    Here's a link that might be of interest to you: Click HERE!

And Phil.... Welcome Back! I love the "accidental-sleeve-stuck-behind-watch" look. :)
    Most excellent thanks very much

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Phather Phil View Post
    Yesterday I had to take some photos for a publicity shot for the cover of my new book. When they showed me the one they liked, lo and behold there was my Czech Air Force watch proudly strutting its stuff on my wrist. I thought that was great. So, if this book becomes a best seller (which it won't), all the world will see Eddie's watch. I thought it was pretty cool how it just peeked out from under my sleeve! Its been so long since I have posted, I had to re-register! Take care everyone.....Phil

[IMG][/IMG]
    It looks like publicity shot for CAF!
    Great photo, and I look forward to the release of your book. Rather little known, Mexican Revolution. Vastly overshadowed by French and Soviet ones.

I am not Catholic, but here is my confession

Ok.....my confession....I did give my sleeve a little tug at the last second to show off the watch! The Mexican revolution included the first use of airplanes by the U.S. army when they were chasing Villa all over Chihuahua in 1916 and early 1917. Pershing, Patton and MacArthur were all in Mexico doing their not so successful thing.....I doubt if the Czech Air Force was there then, but they sure will be for this Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!

By the way, I would certainly value your help in picking the final cover design for my book. If you want a link to a survey, please email me at pstover@rrvmo.com

Ok...what is my penance? Oh...getting up at 3:30AM on Saturday to buy a Dreadnaught? OK....I can do that!

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phather Phil View Post

Ok...what is my penance? Oh...getting up at 3:30AM on Saturday to buy a Dreadnaught? OK....I can do that!

Phil
    You can buy me one too if you like ;)