closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mac Help

Mac Help

I know there are a few of you guys who know there stuff when it comes to macs.

I am having a problem with my macbook air. On our website we have a facility where we can upload photos and up until this week when I upgraded to the new OS Mavericks it was all working fine.

Now, when I click 'Add' which opens the browse files function, it opens the home file but no files appear when there are photos in there. I also can't access the desktop from it, all the files just show empty.

I have checked on my colleagues macbook air and his is still working fine. Has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I'm trying to work out Mavericks too, have it on my home computers but not on the work one. Lots of things get reset, it's just a case of going through and working out what's missing or where to find what you want in System Preferences! Can you move the files into a different folder on your desktop or in Downloads or somewhere?
    "A man of little significance"

I have moved them on to the desktop and when it opens my home folder, it used to show me the folders for desktop, downloads and documents etc but now it doesn't show any of them, its just empty.

Master
    Just a shot in the dark, but open up disk utility (in utilities folder in applications / search for it in spotlight), select your hard drive and hit 'repair permissions'. Usually the first stop when something is weird.

Thanks guys but still not got there yet!

Deleted didn't read post number 3
    Last edited by Nogbad The Bad; 30th October 2013 at 21:04.

Master
    Go to Finder / Preferences, then click on sidebar.

Have you got desktop, downloads etc ticked? If not, tick them, and they should appear in Finder.