closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Review of the 20th anniversary G-600SP-1AJR G Shock.

Review of the 20th anniversary G-600SP-1AJR G Shock.

I am always on the lookout for the more unusual 'G's as they add interest to my collection.

Saw this one up for auction and I got it for its opening price as it didn't generate any interest for some reason.

So this is the 20th anniversary model G-600SP-1AJR. There are not many about and is it not seen much in the West as I don't think it was issued here.and I don't think the 600 series was that popular anyway. It is NOS and again illustrates how just putting away and not wearing even an uncommon 'G' is no guarantee that it will increase in value. I got this for far less than half its original price which makes it a bargain now to me but not very good value to the original owner who didn't even get to wear it whilst it was losing money.

Such are the vagaries of collecting things!

According to Casio, the watch is designed around a motor sports instrument theme.

It has a metal keeper with the 20th anniversary phrase 'Resist since 1983' engraved.

It is quite stealthy with a glossy black steel bezel and negative display.

It has the classic G Shock black and red colour scheme which I like.

20th anniversary caseback.

The module is pretty basic with 60 minute stopwatch and countdown timers, plus five alarms including snooze and signal, It also has World Time. The countdown timer does have auto repeat and a progress bleeper though.
    Of course it has time in all modes being ana/digi. The buttons are nice and easy to press. This 'cockpit' look is quite attractive on the wrist. It counts the seconds down graphically as in a rev counter in a car.

The negative display is pretty hard to read but unusually for G Shocks it is has a full face EL, which is rather nice actually and gives a splendid display when you use the EL. The lume is distinctly average but who needs that when you have this wonderful look.

Here are few wrist shots to finish.

Mitch

Thanks for the review! Got here from the new X-33 watch, think I'll add the G-600SP to my list..what's its diameter?

Quote Originally Posted by webvan View Post
    Thanks for the review! Got here from the new X-33 watch, think I'll add the G-600SP to my list..what's its diameter?
    This is quite a compact G Shock. it is 44mm at its widest point across the button guards. Wears a bit smaller than this to be honest.

Mitch