closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lidl Tea Boxes (2013)

Blog Entries

Lidl Tea Boxes (2013)

It's usually about this time of year that Lidl stocks tea boxes. Has anyone seen them yet?
    Last edited by markrlondon; 27th October 2013 at 02:40.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    It's usually about this time of year that Lidl stocks tea boxes. Has anyone seen them yet?
    I could do with some myself, so maybe it's time to head to my nearest store and have a look. Even if they don't have any I could console myself by buying half a dozen bars of my favourite dark chocolate!

Blog Entries
    No sign of them in the current newsletter or in upcoming highlights. I've emailed them to check if they'll have any. Will report back on what I find.

Craftsman
    I was in my local store tonight but didnt see anything. I could do with a couple off these so will be interested what they have to say.

Master
    Still got a couple these kicking around unused from last year. I got so far as felt lining one of them, but haven't sourced or made (improvised) any cushions yet.

An excuse to post a couple of shots of my box! I bought this a couple of years ago so think is one of the larger ones (I've got a couple of both sizes) but didn't get around to buying some pillows and filling it until very recently. IMO, for value these boxes can't be beaten.

That looks really good! Do you feel it needs dividers between the the two rows, or do the bracelets not touch each other?

There's plenty of space so the bracelets don't touch (unless carried about carelessly).

Dividers would be nice though but difficult to do neatly in wood. Perhaps thin wood/thick card covered in velvet would look ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    There's plenty of space so the bracelets don't touch (unless carried about carelessly).

Dividers would be nice though but difficult to do neatly in wood. Perhaps thin wood/thick card covered in velvet would look ok.
    Perfect. I was thinking the same myself, that dividers would be good but not easy to do neatly without making it look like a bodge (for me anyway). Good to hear it probably doesn't need them.

Master
    I used pipe lagging for my cushions, a basic look but you can get a good snug fit and it's cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by alphajet View Post
    I used pipe lagging for my cushions, a basic look but you can get a good snug fit and it's cheap.
    Clever idea!

Blog Entries
    I've emailed them to check if they'll have any. Will report back on what I find.
    Well, I received a reply but it wasn't a reply to the question I actually asked them! They appear not to have properly read my question.

Here is the query I sent them at 19:37 on 28/10/2103 via the contact form on their website:
    Hello,

Re: Wooden/Beechwood Tea Boxes

For the last two years or more you have stocked wooden (beechwood) tea boxes at around this time of year. Do you have plans to stock them again this year?

Thanks.
    And here is the email reply I received at 17:08 on 29/10/2013:
    Dear Mr Rousell,

Re: Stock Availability

Thank you for enquiring about our recent promotion of Tea Box. This was a special offer and we no longer have it available in our stores. In order to offer our customers high quality products at permanently low prices we only stock a limited range of Non Food products at any one time.

We are sorry that you were unable to purchase it on this occasion and we have passed these comments onto our Buying Team. Many of our offers do tend to repeat every three to six months. You can keep informed of these offers by checking in-store leaflets and national newspapers or by visiting our website (www.lidl.co.uk).

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Yours sincerely,
    For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

Linda Marshall
    Customer Service

Tel – 0870 444 1234
    Email - customer.services@lidl.co.uk
    What "recent promotion of Tea Box[sic]"? I didn't mention a recent promotion. What special offer? To the best of my knowledge there was no special offer on tea boxes recently. I was asking them whether or not there was going to be a special offer!!!

I'm not going to contact them again but if anyone else would like to try talking to them and reporting back here it might be informative. Did they in fact have some tea boxes in already, perhaps?

Master
    I used laggin too - Mrs Lewie covered it in red velvet- I think I need a change as now I'm down to just 6 watched

Well, I received a reply but it wasn't a reply to the question I actually asked them! They appear not to have properly read my question.

Here is the query I sent them at 19:37 on 28/10/2103 via the contact form on their website:

And here is the email reply I received at 17:08 on 29/10/2013:

What "recent promotion of Tea Box[sic]"? I didn't mention a recent promotion. What special offer? To the best of my knowledge there was no special offer on tea boxes recently. I was asking them whether or not there was going to be a special offer!!!

I'm not going to contact them again but if anyone else would like to try talking to them and reporting back here it might be informative. Did they in fact have some tea boxes in already, perhaps?
    That's a disappointing response from them. I hate it when you take the trouble to send an email and the person responding doesn't take the trouble to read it properly.

I'll try emailing later and see if I get a more useful response.

Ian

Master
    I like the lagging idea.
    I popped into Lidl in Andover and asked about them yet. No difinitive answer, but they thought they were likely to come back in soon and to check the weekly leaflets

Well, I received a reply but it wasn't a reply to the question I actually asked them!
    That looks like a stock response from a CRM system, where the operator has chosen the closest response from a list and filled in the term "Tea Box" only. At least it says it was forwarded. Once it gets past level 1, there's a chance someone will actually read it and get back to you with a better response. I wouldn't hold my breath, but it might be worth replying, just to ask if someone on the buying team can email you back after they have read your original mail. They won't be using the front-line CRM system so you're more likely to get a proper reply, assuming they are allowed to interact with the public (the answer might be "no").

I agree !

Handy for keeping the Eco Drives in the window without the dust getting all over them! Yes I know there are vacuum cleaners, would you let her near your watches with one

Slightly late to the thread posting party, but that is a rather clever idea! Also perfect timing as a Lidl has just opened up around the corner from me in Stockwell. Boom
    A

Apprentice
    hey , thats good idea :)

Journeyman
    Any leads for an on-line seller?

Journeyman
    Same here with the lagging.also experimented by covering the lagging with drawer liner.

Well, I received a reply but it wasn't a reply to the question I actually asked them! ...
    I asked the manager in my local Lidl about them. He said something along the lines of 'We get them in from time to time but we have none in at the moment'. Well, at least he knew what I was talking about; but as I'm only near a Lidl about once a month I probably have a greater chance of winning the lottery than seeing these on the shelves (and I don't do the lottery).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_O View Post
    That's a disappointing response from them. I hate it when you take the trouble to send an email and the person responding doesn't take the trouble to read it properly.

I'll try emailing later and see if I get a more useful response.
    Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    That looks like a stock response from a CRM system, where the operator has chosen the closest response from a list and filled in the term "Tea Box" only.
    Indeed, it does seem to be a very lazily and incompetently created stock response.

At least it says it was forwarded.
    I rather suspect that's just part of the stock response and means nothing substantive whatsoever. I think it extraordinarily unlikely that I'll ever hear from then again.

At best, my initial query might perhaps have been forwarded to an internal mail list that the buyers look at from time to time, but even that much is more than I'd expect.

it might be worth replying, just to ask if someone on the buying team can email you back after they have read your original mail.
    I'm not going to try again but I wish Ian_O luck with his attempt!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryjames View Post
    Same here with the lagging.also experimented by covering the lagging with drawer liner.
    Storing them vertically is a good idea. Hadn't thought of that.

I'm not going to try again but I wish Ian_O luck with his attempt!
    Thanks! I sent them a request yesterday. I'll let you know what they come back with, but I'm not overly optimistic it'll be any different from the reply you received.

Craftsman
    That looks really good! Do you feel it needs dividers between the the two rows, or do the bracelets not touch each other?
    I fond thick photographic mounting card edged with plastic binding strip and held in place with white pva glue works a treat:

cushions are available from Hong Kong on the 'Bay at less than a fiver for 5.

regards,
    David

Craftsman
    Today's Lidl hand-out shows the small box (with teabags) as being available next week.
    regards,
    David

Thanks! I sent them a request yesterday. I'll let you know what they come back with, but I'm not overly optimistic it'll be any different from the reply you received.
    Well Mark, here's the email I received this afternoon :-

Looks familiar!

Ian

Blog Entries
    Well Mark, here's the email I received this afternoon :-

Looks familiar!
    LOL! Well, at least you tried. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsm View Post
    Today's Lidl hand-out shows the small box (with teabags) as being available next week.
    The tea boxes we are used to are supplied empty. Do you have a picture of the box you've seen?

I've been keeping an eye on Lidl email newsletters and the website but no sign of anything similar. However, the newsletter is customised for different regions and different shops get special offers in at different times, so what is coming to your local Lidl may be coming to others later on. What is your local Lidl?

Craftsman
    Hi Mark,
    The one I have would hold 10 watches in 5 long compartments that I've divided in half (see previous post).It's 20cm front to back. The one in the leaflet my wife picked up today has 4 compartments but is a similar depth. Advertised in Lidl at Plymstock, Plymouth and on re-reading the ad it says "tea bags not included". Priced at £6.99
    regards,
    David

Also in Chelmsford from Monday 11th (not next week).

As David has pointed out, unfortunately these are the smaller (4 compartment) ones as sold last year rather than the 5 compartment ones from 2 (and more) years ago which are shown in most (all?) photos in this thread.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 1st November 2013 at 20:52.

There's also a 4 compartment version which I got last year.

I never even heard of Lidl before this. Wtf?

Journeyman

heads up

Hi ,Know some of you are interested in the tea boxes so if you didm`t know already they are in store this Thursday.You will probably have to be quick they will go like lightning.£6.99
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terryjames View Post
    Hi ,Know some of you are interested in the tea boxes so if you didm`t know already they are in store this Thursday.You will probably have to be quick they will go like lightning.£6.99
    Terry
    Monday 11th in ours.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Mint idea mate nice collection

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsm View Post
    Hi Mark,
    The one I have would hold 10 watches in 5 long compartments that I've divided in half (see previous post).It's 20cm front to back. The one in the leaflet my wife picked up today has 4 compartments but is a similar depth. Advertised in Lidl at Plymstock, Plymouth and on re-reading the ad it says "tea bags not included". Priced at £6.99
    regards,
    David
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Also in Chelmsford from Monday 11th (not next week).

As David has pointed out, unfortunately these are the smaller (4 compartment) ones as sold last year rather than the 5 compartment ones from 2 (and more) years ago which are shown in most (all?) photos in this thread.
    Yup, but the 4 compartment ones are better than nothing. It was a neat trick of Lidl to charge the same price (possibly increased!) for the four compartment box as for the previous five compartment box.

Blog Entries
    Aha, in on Monday 11th at the Edgware Road, London store. Price £6.99 for the four compartment box.

So much for the completely useless Lidl customer service!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve264 View Post
    I never even heard of Lidl before this. Wtf?
    Good grief! A well known plebeian grocery and household provisions distribution provider, m'lord.

;-)

Good grief! A well known plebeian grocery and household provisions distribution provider, m'lord.
    Ah trade!
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Which model/make of watch is that to the left of your Seiko Monster on the bottom row? Like the look, and size of that one.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    Does it come with the tea box then??!

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Does it come with the tea box then??!
    No, but there was a limited edition "Teadweller" which came in its' own tea box, with a box of rare Lapsang Souchon tea bags.

It wasn't a success.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    No, but there was a limited edition "Teadweller" which came in its' own tea box, with a box of rare Lapsang Souchon tea bags.

It wasn't a success.
    Depth rating? Or was it more of a dunk rating? :-)

SGR

I happened to be near a Lidle on the outskirts of Reading today and popped in on the off chance that they might have some. Never been in one of these before

They didnt

An interesting experience all the same

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I happened to be near a Lidle on the outskirts of Reading today and popped in on the off chance that they might have some. Never been in one of these before

They didnt

An interesting experience all the same
    It's next Monday!